Mechanical Groupset set-up on Look 695 Frame

Hi all,

At the start of the year I built up a Look 695 (2012 model) with some second-hand 105 components. I am looking at upgrading to Ultegra and am likely to stick with mechanical vice Di2 to keep costs down. However, the cable routing isn't great on the bike currently and I note from research the frame should have some sort of cable routing kit for mechanical groupsets to protect the frame and guide the cables where they leave the holes in the frame.

Has anyone got any details on this? I can't seem to find anything. I'm looking for the cheapest solution as in some locations (i.e. where the front mech cable comes from the bottom of the BB up towards the mech) the cable is cutting into the frame. Has anyone used an alternative solution to resolve this issue?

Another solution may be to wrap the exposed gear cables running beneath the frame in some sort of very thin housing? Not sure, would welcome any information!

Thanks

Dan

Comments

• First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,617
    OP, is your Bikeradar password ElcNKGOz?
  • OP, is your Bikeradar password ElcNKGOz?

I’m intrigued.
  • david37
    david37 Posts: 1,313
    edited January 2021
    Maybe just use liner. To run the liner through the frame, feed it through the frame up the inner from the bottom bracket.

is the plastic cable junction thingymabob present? or is it a bit of look magic where one isnt used?

• How did you get on @dan.bannisterElcNKGOz ? I'm awaiting delivery of a 695 SR Aerolight frame, so any tips much appreciated.