Wednesday, did we pass upon the stairs.

Morning, raining, the winds got up as well, both me and the dog are wet through, I think know i will be Cycling indoors for the next couple of days, at least Paris - Nice is on for a couple of hours.
Have a good day

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Mmmmm don’t want rain

Need to walk hounds and complete yesterday’s run as I got sidetracked by my mate coming round to put the tv on the wall.

Later is potentially a fun bike ride with a pal
  • nibnob21
    nibnob21 Posts: 207
    Dog walked, breakfast breakfasted, about to hop on the bike to work...at least this way it's a tailwind, shame I have to do the reverse later! Unlucky future me.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    'ning

still nippy, forecast wet, looks a bit damp out already

cafe stroll, antagonise people in at least two countries, will try for more, relax, bubbly
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    edited March 2021
    nibnob21 said:

Dog walked, breakfast breakfasted, about to hop on the bike to work...at least this way it's a tailwind, shame I have to do the reverse later! Unlucky future me.

Never worry about future me. Live in the now 👍 it’s not your fault past me is a selfish jerk.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • nibnob21
    seanoconn said:

nibnob21 said:

Never worry about future me. Live in the now 👍 it’s not your fault past me is a selfish jerk.
    Indeed, although 'the now me' has quickly become 'the past me' but I did get a good ride to work with a healthy tailwind and no rain (just a few puddles here and there). I've spied on the forecast a window of opportunity mid to late morning where the rain may not be as strong so I'm seeing what work I can gather together to do from home this afternoon and head back early.

Mind you, it does nothing about the wind. I'd take a calm soaking day any time over a windy dry day.

Shortcut along a bumpy puddly towpath with high pressure road tyres or slog it out into wind on the road with impatient drivers? Always find that choice a tricky one.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    nibnob21 said:

seanoconn said:

nibnob21 said:

Indeed, although 'the now me' has quickly become 'the past me' but I did get a good ride to work with a healthy tailwind and no rain (just a few puddles here and there). I've spied on the forecast a window of opportunity mid to late morning where the rain may not be as strong so I'm seeing what work I can gather together to do from home this afternoon and head back early.

Mind you, it does nothing about the wind. I'd take a calm soaking day any time over a windy dry day.

Shortcut along a bumpy puddly towpath with high pressure road tyres or slog it out into wind on the road with impatient drivers? Always find that choice a tricky one.
    Road as more people get to see how ‘hard’ you are 🤣
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

just taking bambina to get her braces taken off so she's well excited then into work until 10 tonight.

Its gonna be a long one...
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • nibnob21
    edited March 2021
    tlw1 said:

nibnob21 said:

seanoconn said:

nibnob21 said:

True, the reason I wear tight clothing on the bike is to accentuate my stiffy.

I think that's what you meant...
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    nibnob21 said:

tlw1 said:

nibnob21 said:

seanoconn said:

nibnob21 said:

True, the reason I wear tight clothing on the bike is to accentuate my stiffy.

I think that's what you meant...
    Impatient drivers don't have that effect on me, but each to their own :smiley:
  • thistle_
    'ning
    Wet outside. Had to clean and polish my helmet first thing after leaving it outside all night. At least I remembered to fetch my bike and shoes in.
    WFH and not much else today. Looks like KOM weather later though.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Dodge plague zombies. Obtain more signatures as required by der Bundesamt für Steuern. Teams calls from a meeting room instead of my spare room. Having to pay for coffee, well, I have to pay for my coffee at home too, but you know what I mean.

See what stationery I can liberate. We are definitely low on printer paper, though as the kids are back at school, I don't suppose we need it.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Gopping I think is phrase banded around here occasional. Came in this morning to yet another leak in our sieve of a roof.
    Supposedly going for a run tonight, that could mean anything...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning. Sacked off riding before work when it wasn't so windy or wet so I am also disapointed with past me. If I get out before 2 then the forecast tells me it will be just normal Scottish rain rather than the heavier type, and sub 25mph gusts. Better get some work done first, quick coffee in the meantime...

As much as I enjoyed my new phat rims on the fast bike I think I'll ride the sensible bike
  • MattFalle
    haydenm said:

Morning. Sacked off riding before work when it wasn't so windy or wet so I am also disapointed with past me. If I get out before 2 then the forecast tells me it will be just normal Scottish rain rather than the heavier type, and sub 25mph gusts. Better get some work done first, quick coffee in the meantime...

As much as I enjoyed my new phat rims on the fast bike I think I'll ride the sensible bike

Nooooooo! Phat all the way, otherwise why have them.

Carpe diem my friend, carpe diem.

• haydenm
    MattFalle said:

haydenm said:

I mean, it does look better with the phat rims but I am certain I would die if I rode it in 25mph gusts...

Maybe I should buy something semi phat for the sensible bike and keep the alu wheels for off road tyres.
  • MattFalle
    haydenm said:

MattFalle said:

haydenm said:

I mean, it does look better with the phat rims but I am certain I would die if I rode it in 25mph gusts...

Maybe I should buy something semi phat for the sensible bike and keep the alu wheels for off road tyres.
    nah - lest not fear take hold of the man for the man take hold of the fear.

swift and bold.

but if you do forgo the phats you deffo need something phatter than the alu things.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    MattFalle said:

haydenm said:

MattFalle said:

haydenm said:

nah - lest not fear take hold of the man for the man take hold of the fear.

swift and bold.

but if you do forgo the phats you deffo need something phatter than the alu things.
    But you've always got plasters aplenty.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

Non cyclists might not even notice you, if they do it'll be "what's that tw4t doing on a bicycle in this weather?"
    Proper cyclists will say "Nah, his saddle's too high... he's pedalling too slowly... farq me, he's not fast enough for Rapha shorts...".

• pinno
    Not as windy as anticipated here but that's immaterial as it's schooling with Shorty.
    Only 3 days including today left.
    I hope Monday it's a;; blown over and I can go cycle and Mrs P and I can run around the house naked.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Well that hurt. Arm AND wallet.

X-ray -> Ultra-sound -> elbow has tears in ligaments -> big needle stuck in it.

No bikes for a couple of days. Hell, cup of tea is a challenge.

:(
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • thistle_

How did you manage that? Mowing?
  • Wheelspinner
    thistle_ said:

Nah, been bad and getting worse for months. Dunno what I did, nothing I recall that might be to blame.

It's technically tennis elbow, with added extras apparently. One for the irony thread: I'm right handed, this is my left arm, with which I am barely functional for most things. I played tennis competitively for 45 years and never had a problem, and even a lot of golf never worried either arm. Now I've stopped all that I get this....

• pinno

Err, a straw? :)

No luck WS.
  • MattFalle

oooh! piccies of ultra sound and x ray pleeease!

#professionalnosiness
  • MattFalle
    Put a post up in the "training" bit of the forum and ask for advice.

sounds sucky though - soz to hear.
  • Wheelspinner
    MattFalle said:

oooh! piccies of ultra sound and x ray pleeease!

#professionalnosiness
    Didn't get any hard copies.. most radiography clinics here these days are all digital on-line for the referring doc.

I'm intrigued to see what the X-ray shows though. The ultra-sound technician took one look and just mumbled "oh dear, will be back in a tic".

Half expecting a bone chip as well in the joint itself.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Another day of wfh as I can't wftod as she is supposed to be isolating. Sh'es not very good at it though and keeps going out for walks as sshe can't stand the thought of having to stay in. At least she goes for walks on her own. Still waiting for patches on the computer system so an element of twiddling my thumbs becasse still suffering with cba. Been looking at chainsets and should also look at rims, although I should count the number of holes in the XD hub I have. Or just buy a new hub.
    It's not good when they say things like that WS. I once heard a nurse laugh on seeing an X-ray of my ribs and blurt out "Wow! Even I can see they're phucked." Unfortunately I never got a copy of that one, it really was spectacular and the ribs have been commented on a couple of times since when having other chest X-rays. But to keep the MFs happy I can give them the finger.

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318

Morning folks,
    Another day of wfh as I can't wftod as she is supposed to be isolating. Sh'es not very good at it though and keeps going out for walks as sshe can't stand the thought of having to stay in. At least she goes for walks on her own. Still waiting for patches on the computer system so an element of twiddling my thumbs becasse still suffering with cba. Been looking at chainsets and should also look at rims, although I should count the number of holes in the XD hub I have. Or just buy a new hub.
    It's not good when they say things like that WS. I once heard a nurse laugh on seeing an X-ray of my ribs and blurt out "Wow! Even I can see they're phucked." Unfortunately I never got a copy of that one, it really was spectacular and the ribs have been commented on a couple of times since when having other chest X-rays. But to keep the MFs happy I can give them the finger.

Have you lost weight V?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • haydenm
    Must be able to work some sort of inappropriate joke in here about tennis elbow. I destroyed the ligaments in my wrist about 10 years ago and I've had those jokes non stop since then, despite the fact I'd say elbow injuries would be more likely...

Anyway, hope it gets better soon
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686

thistle_ said:

Nah, been bad and getting worse for months. Dunno what I did, nothing I recall that might be to blame.

It's technically tennis elbow, with added extras apparently. One for the irony thread: I'm right handed, this is my left arm, with which I am barely functional for most things. I played tennis competitively for 45 years and never had a problem, and even a lot of golf never worried either arm. Now I've stopped all that I get this....

My dad had this in both elbows. Cortisone injections when he was mid-60s (he's now 68) sorted him right out.

Fingers crossed for you.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/