tuesday is lopsided

'ning

not quite as nippy, hint of brightness due before tomorrow's forecast deluge

ride and coffee, dabble in gmc stuff, relax, try to pace myself on the orangettes
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, not so cold here, Tigger walked, I need to go into the metropolis know as Lincoln this morning, cycling later, if it stays fine
    Have a good day
  • nibnob21
    nibnob21 Posts: 207
    Last day of commuting on the summer bike before the forecast goes back in time a few weeks. Ahh well, two weeks with no mudguards was a good run.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Walk hounds and hopefully bump into a pal so I can subtly remind him I need help putting a tv in the now completed snug. Which obviously means the carpet fitters will have a nightmare today and won’t be able to fit us in tomorrow and it will be another 10 days 🙄

Some sort of exercise later
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    nibnob21 said:

Last day of commuting on the summer bike before the forecast goes back in time a few weeks. Ahh well, two weeks with no mudguards was a good run.

Too late here, the rain's already arrived although the forecast is still giving hope that it will dry up later.

WFH early start just in case.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Caffeine #1 accompanies Internet Dabble #1. 1/2 day work work sesh, easy day. Take the final load of corpses from the Conifer War to the tip once it opens at 8, back for breakfast, get sorted out, get over to clients', enjoy the sunshine while it's still here while fettling their garden. Sounds ok to me.
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Kinder fed and watered, packed luches made, daughter draggedctocthe bus stop, wifey driving son to school. Peace in our time.....
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    [Oh yeah; c is pretty close to the space bar.]

It's shopping day, yippee...
    Booked holiday to Northumberland. Highlands are way over priced and pretty booked out bar boxes next to main roads.

Will be not too far from Wayay territory but far enough away from Redcar.

I really did think I was dying yesterday but it turned out to be indigestion.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Anaconda dropped in for annual service, garage said they were in awe of it.

Cycled from garage to work, a mighty 2 miles.

Now in a 4 hour lesson risk assessment zoom lesson surrounded (virtually) by people who seem to give 10,000 moreshitsandcares than i do.

which is why i am here.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    MattFalle said:

Anaconda dropped in for annual service, garage said they were in awe of it.

You miss heard. They said they'd take an axe to it.

Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • MattFalle
    Nah - as it shooooooomed in the accompanying worn out brake pad rattle with the S3 lobbed on the roof and wobbling away an awed hush did descend across the forecourt.

Admittedly whilst looking at it the garage man did have to ask what colour it was but I am presuming that was because he was in awe of the purity of machine that it represents.....
  • MattFalle
    Aaaaaand comms down for the tenth time.

No comms, no bombs as they say. Or risk assessments.

This is painful.
  • pinno
    MattFalle said:

Aaaaaand comms down for the tenth time.

No comms, no bombs as they say. Or risk assessments.

This is painful.

More painful for us.
  • MattFalle
    ooooh. spicey.
  • elbowloh
    Why couldn't it have been a comms failure at your end. That way we wouldn't get the updates...
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • MattFalle
    fine. be like that.

now you'll get pictures as well.

that'll fuckinglearnyou.
  • MattFalle

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Wonder if the comms are linked to our carpet fitter not being able to come until next Thursday now 😢
  • elbowloh
    MattFalle said:

Been through all that myself when i did my NEBOSH.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • MattFalle
    elbowloh said:

MattFalle said:

its sooooooo boring. totally and utterly.

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    MattFalle said:

Don’t read the content. Click on all the boxes you need to. Guess the multiple choice, guess again if wrong. Bosh, job done 👍
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattFalle
    tlw1 said:

Wonder if the comms are linked to our carpet fitter not being able to come until next Thursday now 😢

sounds like he is moonlighting doing the i.t. system here
  • elbowloh
    MattFalle said:

elbowloh said:

MattFalle said:

its sooooooo boring. totally and utterly.

Some of it is and certainly some of the way it's been interpreted and implemented in some organisations, but it can be interesting also when you actually stick to the basics of
    • Identify hazards
    • evaluate hazards
    • take steps to make what you are doing safe
    • re-evaluate the hazards

Now you can do the job safely.

It doesn't have to be a ballache, its just some people have put so much paperwork behind it that it makes people cut corners.

A lot of it is what people do in their heads before they start any job, it's just documenting and communicating that to the people our are working with.

Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pinno
    I wrote risk assessments in my previous capacity.
    Every time I 'identified' a 'risk', I was creating yet another rod to beat myself.
    For example: when swapping over from aluminium to steel baling, we simply had to move the magnetic conveyor. That took two blokes, a bit of manoeuvring and it presented all sorts of 'risks'.
    So I didn't bother mentioning it.

When the Stasi came to inspect, they didn't enquire why the conveyor was on castors or even wonder how you changed over production. They didn't even notice why the conveyor was wired to a plug in connector (we used to move it unplugged).
    Silly barstewards.

Bar a few minor cuts, not one serious incident in 12 years.

I had to write an induction manual (bored yet? Not as bored as MF).
    But knowing that people will almost always remember the very first thing you told them, I used to say "Read this but never ever pick up a bail without gloves".
  • pinno
    2000 + posts in a short period of time MF.
    That's stratospheric.
  • MattFalle
    edited March 2021
    To put in to context, I drill holes in people and slice open their throats to put airway adjuncts in whilst being in weird and wondetful places and situations.

I honestly do not care about this stuff.

Is that bad of me?
  • pinno
    MattFalle said:

To put in to context, I drill holes in people and slice open their throats to put airway adjuncts in whilst being in weird and wondetful places and situations.

Bic pen lids have a hole in them nowadays. Handy.
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

2000 + posts in a short period of time MF.
    That's stratospheric.

its because I have so much knowledge to impart.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Turning into a bit of an irritating day for various reasons, mostly work related. I am arranging for various HR and sales types to be hung drawn and quartered.

Onwards to the next Teams call...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

MattFalle said:

Bic pen lids have a hole in them nowadays. Handy.
    only if they are in there accidentally. I want to stick stuff in on purpose.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    My day is a lot like Stevo's first sentence, unfortunately it's not my place to do his second sentence. Thankfully not so much of his last bit nowadays.
    Got loads of work to do but can't do most of it becasue the system isn't playing and they are trying to fix it again. Lots of other things I should be doing but suffering a serious case of CBA. As Pino noticed I have been slacking with a bit of shirking thrown in. I was hungry but I've eaten lots of junk so now I'm full up and snoozy. Should probably pretend to do some work.
    noticed Bianchimuncher and Imposter either have the same avater now or are on some sort of probation, this is good as they were getting really tedious with their sniping. I notice Charles hasn't asked for any more facts and figures about wheels. Maybe he's bashing one out at the thought of deep rims and lab coats since we put him straight. Actually, where's Mr GTi, teaching or doing the same thing? I hope he hasn't started teaching maths in a lab coat, that would confuse the children.