Dura Ace Bearings

Hi - can anyone tell me what size bearings I need for a Dura Ace rear wheel please. I'm not sure which series number they are but I purchased them about 8-10 years old and they are prior to C24's. They are cup and cone and use individual bearings, rather than races.

Comments

• nibnob21
    nibnob21 Posts: 207
    Rear wheel hubs would typically use 9x 1/4" (6.35mm) bearings each side, though I don't know specifically for your wheelset.

No way of popping the wheel off and having a look?
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Go to your lbs and ask to buy some bearings for a dura ace rear wheel, they will sell some to you.
  • masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,558
    They could also be 3/16 in a dura ace rear. They'll either be (as above) 1/4 or 3/16.
  • kangarouge
    kangarouge Posts: 210
    Many thanks for the responses. I was thinking the latter and was hoping to get a definite so I'll ask at a local reputable LBS as suggested.
  • Munsford0
    Munsford0 Posts: 606
    Looking on Shimano tech docs Dura Ace seem to have used both 1/4 and 3/16 so if you don't know the model number the LBS might not know which size you need. Safest to take one out and measure it?
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    just order both off the internet for pennies.

I bought 18 1/4 ones the othe day for something like £2.30 inc postage so its not like its breaking the bank if you get the wrong ones.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Munsford0
    Munsford0 Posts: 606
    Thinking about it if they are 10 speed but pre C24, they must be 7800. Which take 3/16 bearings
  • MattFalle

£6 or so.
  • MattFalle