Elite Leggero Carbon Bottle Cages

Anyone who uses these cages able to advise if they fit a decent range of bottles?

The Vico Carbon are a little too loose with Elites own bottles for my taste & I get a it of rattling now & then, a 550ml Camelbak just won't fit at all & a bigger size just about does with a bit of force.

I'd ideally like a 550ml Camelbak to fit if anyone uses that combination.

Comments

• ibr17xvii
    ibr17xvii Posts: 1,065
    Bump for this - anyone use these cages?

Elite bottles fit nicely (as they should) but I'm getting this intermittent soft rattling sound on all sizes & it's deffo the bottles as it stops as soon as I remove them from the cage.

Tried a large Camelbak yesterday & that's even worse, rattles like mad.

Anyone use these cages with bottles that don't rattle?
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    I think it's an Elite thing. I have Elite Ciussi's on one of my bikes and Elite bidons rattle in them - to the point where on a weekend away last year, I bought some electrical tape and wrapped the bidons at the point where the cages grip.

I find Tacx bidons fit better!
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • ibr17xvii
    Ben6899 said:

I think it's an Elite thing. I have Elite Ciussi's on one of my bikes and Elite bidons rattle in them - to the point where on a weekend away last year, I bought some electrical tape and wrapped the bidons at the point where the cages grip.

Glad it's not just me.

Tried some electrical tape on the Vico Carbon cages I had & that didn't make much difference. The Leggeros are so slim that tape will be tough to attach effectively unfortunately.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    ibr17xvii said:

Ben6899 said:

Glad it's not just me.

Tried some electrical tape on the Vico Carbon cages I had & that didn't make much difference. The Leggeros are so slim that tape will be tough to attach effectively unfortunately.

Attach the tape to the bidons...
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • ibr17xvii
    edited March 2021
    Ben6899 said:

ibr17xvii said:

Ben6899 said:

Glad it's not just me.

Attach the tape to the bidons...

Not tried that admittedly but honestly really can't be arsed with that.

You would think with a combination of Elite cages / bottles you wouldn't have to faff around to get them to not rattle.
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    edited March 2021
    Had the same issue with their vico carbon cage and ended up switching back to the plastic custom race. No such problem with those.
  • ibr17xvii
    redvision said:

Had the same issue with their vico carbon cage and ended up switching back to the plastic custom race. No such problem with those.

Interesting. Not thought of that.

Seems strange that it happens on the carbon but not the plastic as they're basically the same design.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    It's a water bottle cage. How complicated can it be?
  • ibr17xvii
    dennisn said:

Obviously too complicated for you to understand they rattle but no matter thanks for your valuable input.
  • singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,495
    There is a size difference, but I prefer the vicos.

I used the plastic cages for a long time and they were very tight with my preferred 710ml Camelbak podium bidons when new, they did seem to get better with use.

When I switched to the Vicos, I actually found them to be a much better match to the Camelbaks and now have vicos on both bikes.
  • ibr17xvii
    singleton said:

There is a size difference, but I prefer the vicos.

I used the plastic cages for a long time and they were very tight with my preferred 710ml Camelbak podium bidons when new, they did seem to get better with use.

When I switched to the Vicos, I actually found them to be a much better match to the Camelbaks and now have vicos on both bikes.

I've gone back to the Vicos for now as the Camelbaks do seem to play a lot nicer with them.

The diameter just seems far too wide on the Leggeros for the Elite bottles which is a bit mental considering they're made by the same company.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    dennisn said:

too difficult for some it seems.......
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • ibr17xvii
    MattFalle said:

dennisn said:

too difficult for some it seems.......

Thanks for your valued input as well but as I don't believe anyone has mentioned Hunts Wheels or Ultegra I believe you may be on the wrong thread.
  • MattFalle
    Well they may have but no one could could hear because of someones rattly bottle cages they can't make stop rattling.

#rattle
  • ibr17xvii
    edited March 2021
    MattFalle said:

Well they may have but no one could could hear because of someones rattly bottle cages they can't make stop rattling.

#rattle

The bottles are rattling in the cages, the bottle cages themselves aren't rattling. Try reading the thread, you might be able to keep up.

No disrespect if you haven't got anything useful to add what's the point in commenting? You're just making yourself look a bit more of an idiot with your smart alec replies than you already are if that's possible.
  • MattFalle
    rattle. rattle rattle.

there is a ridiculosly simple answer to your conundrum that takes 3 minutes, costs pennies, is invisible, doen't involve putting anything on your bottles, will make you go "aaaah, yeah" and will last.

But as you're so rude to everyone I'm not going to tell you.

so rattle off.
  • Munsford0
    Munsford0 Posts: 606
    I went for Lezyne Flow cages on both my bikes. They don't look very sexy but have a vice-like grip on every bottle I've tried in them. I think bendy plastic is a better material than carbon fibre for a silent bottle cage
  • Munsford0
    Munsford0 Posts: 606
    MattFalle said:

rattle. rattle rattle.

there is a ridiculosly simple answer to your conundrum that takes 3 minutes, costs pennies, is invisible, doen't involve putting anything on your bottles, will make you go "aaaah, yeah" and will last.

so rattle off.

Come on, give us a clue. Does it involve old inner tubes??
  • MattFalle
    edited March 2021
    No because that would be ugly, sucky, you'd see it. Just total rats.

Its just dead easy and simple but I'm not going to post it here because the OP is an obnoxious crow.
  • dennisn
    Unbelievable. Have none of you ever heard of a metal cage. You can make them fit anything you want. Of course the difference being the weight of a metal one. It would probably cost most of you your normal 14th place and put you in 15th at your local cat. 5 crit.
  • MattFalle
    dennisn said:

Unbelievable. Have none of you ever heard of a metal cage. You can make them fit anything you want. Of course the difference being the weight of a metal one. It would probably cost most of you your normal 14th place and put you in 15th at your local cat. 5 crit.

yeah but the bloke at shop who sold them to him said that aallll the club members had them and that it made them PRO, even though the bottles he also sold him don't fit.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    dennisn said:

However on this side of the pond we never get so low as 5th cat. So we are allowed plastic bottle cages.
  • dennisn
    I don't believe I've ever bought a water bottle that DIDN'T fit the cage I happened to have on my bike at the time. What kind of crap are you guys buying over there? Once again, it's a water bottle and a water bottle holder Hard to believe that there can even be any complications. It's about as simple as it gets yet still seems to baffle some people.
  • ibr17xvii
    MattFalle said:

rattle. rattle rattle.

so rattle off.

FYI I’m not rude to “everyone”, I’m not even rude to you. If I was you’d know about it trust me.

You came on the thread with nothing positive to contribute apart from a smart alec comment to which I responded.

When you’ve finished chucking your toys out with you’re “I’m not going to tell you nonsense” go & spout you’re drivel somewhere else.

#rattle
  • ibr17xvii
    MattFalle said:

No because that would be ugly, sucky, you'd see it. Just total rats.

Its just dead easy and simple but I'm not going to post it here because the OP is an obnoxious crow.<</b>/blockquote>

Yet I’m the rude one apparently.

Roughly translates as “I’m taking my ball home & I’m not coming out to play any more “.

• MattFalle
    rattle rattle.
  • ibr17xvii
    MattFalle said:

rattle rattle.

When you've put your toys back in your pram post me where I've been rude to "everyone".
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Don’t bother with MF, Dennis is the man as he’s never had a rattling bottle.
  • dennisn
    webboo said:

I don't believe I have. Where and why people buy this type of thing that gives them constant problems is a mystery to me.
  • ibr17xvii
    webboo said:

Like most I come on here to be helped & to help folk if I can.

Banter is fine but when you're accused of being rude to everyone & get called an "obnoxious crow" (he's also referenced me the same on another thread) I'm not having that from him or anyone else for that matter.

I may be lots of things but rude isn't one of them. I wasn't brought up that way. The 2nd term is just bang out of order.

I'm still waiting for him to post up where I've been rude to everyone & if he can I'll apologise.

When he can't I don't think it's too much to ask to expect the same from him.