monday with jp-7 leaking over the wings, but that's normal

'ning

nippy continues

ride, coffee, attempt to summon willpower to do gmc admin and not get distracted, working through the saint b&w box set, always nice to see old stamping grounds, noticed one of gmc's london edifices in the latest episode, who does own that black p1800s in fiztrovia? seen it a few times, it's rather nice, should one get a white one? possibly have become distracted, later bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, cold but dry, tigger walked, having my first coffee of the day, not a lot on today after A spot of car and bike washing, might just squeeze in a quick ride.
    Have a good day
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    WFW
    Probably no yoga today
    Bike ride later

Next door's kitten has just set off the security camera, even though it's set to only detect people. The cats are rising against us.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    sungod said:

'ning

nippy continues

ride, coffee, attempt to summon willpower to do gmc admin and not get distracted, working through the saint b&w box set, always nice to see old stamping grounds, noticed one of gmc's london edifices in the latest episode, who does own that black p1800s in fiztrovia? seen it a few times, it's rather nice, should one get a white one? possibly have become distracted, later bubbly

Knew a bloke 30 years ago had a white P1800, red leather interior IIRC. Visibility out of it was near zero in traffic I think 😀

Nice day again, this is more like autumn should be, still and mild. Dog walked, coffee followed by short bask before lunch.

Spent a bit of time patching up some roof flashings that leak a bit in heavy rain.

Couple of hours pootling about local gravel roads on bike.

Later will be drinks and a BBQ dinner.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Long hound walk made better by bumping into a pal.

Work stuff then decorating, should be finished later and then hopefully we can get a date of the decorator to do the rest
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Got the bike out this morning and the chain was off, weird but no biggie. Go to put my helmet on and notice the tightening mechanism has been snapped off 😕 Seems someone in the family has had a run in with the bike but no one is owning up.

Any lightweight helmet recommendations? The broken helmet is a specialized prevail but not sure I fancy forking out £200 on top of holiday booking and car insurance this month.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,431
    seanoconn said:

Got the bike out this morning and the chain was off, weird but no biggie. Go to put my helmet on and notice the tightening mechanism has been snapped off 😕 Seems someone in the family has had a run in with the bike but no one is owning up.

Any lightweight helmet recommendations? The broken helmet is a specialized prevail but not sure I fancy forking out £200 on top of holiday booking and car insurance this month.

kask protone, light, non-bulbous, aero

coffee stroll time
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Met Trenta? I have the 3K one which is super light, seems comfy an lets enough air in.

Saw some strange sights today, hoards of children being taken to a building an left there, some parents crying others seemed happy. Interment camp for child labour for a coal mine or brick works I didn't know we had? Or maybe national service? Who knows.

Anywho, people seem excited at the fact they can meet a friend, weather seems to have other ideas, from Wednesday. I'm sure they will enjoy sitting in a park in March in 50mph winds and heavy rain...
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Got up nice and early for a 6.30 ride, fannied about a bit because it was dark, lights needed a kick up the back side then set off. Turned around as it was so cold but braved it and carried on.
    Damp wet drizzle and 1-2 degrees isn't ideal.

I'm just about starting to warm up.

Turbo trainer later I think.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Fancy one SG? They are rather elegant. Black looks good.

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/list/102/p1800s/

@seanoconn :

(though I would thoroughly recommend a few rubber bands).

Wet here with patches of sunshine so far. That's sort of spring like isn't it?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    step83 said:

Saw some strange sights today, hoards of children being taken to a building an left there, some parents crying others seemed happy.

Were they Uighurs?

• pinno
    What was wrong with MIL-DTL-38219 SG?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    Cracked the how-to-avoid-the-hour-long-queue-at-the-tip conundrum. Opens at 8, got there 0820, straight in, no waiting. Result. Rinse and repeat tomorrow. Sitting 'wasting' an hour in such a queue feels so frustrating whereas 'wasting' an hour diddling about on t'internet...?

Got more bike fettling to do. Can't see a ride today, rotten night's sleep so feeling doggy. Prob go sow some seed (of the horticultural type that is).
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Thanks for the sensible replies guys. As for the above ^^ words fail me. You join a bike forum, post a sensible question and are met with kind of antagonistic nonsense. There’s a ‘Pinno’ on every forum that likes to poke fun and try to make you feel small. Well I know the type, oh yes! I can picture him in his sweaty bedroom jabbing away at his keyboard furiously, his mum shouting up the stairs “Pinno get off the laptop, your breakfast is ready!”

Spotty faced little bugger
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    seanoconn said:

PlanetX had the OnOne MTB helmets on sale the other day, not sure if the TT/road ones are on offer too?
    Certainly cheap, not sure how light they are.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    pinno said:

step83 said:

Saw some strange sights today, hoards of children being taken to a building an left there, some parents crying others seemed happy.

Were they Uighurs?

I didn't ask, they all had masks on, can't trust them
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

Thanks for the sensible replies guys. As for the above ^^ words fail me. You join a bike forum, post a sensible question and are met with kind of antagonistic nonsense. There’s a ‘Pinno’ on every forum that likes to poke fun and try to make you feel small. Well I know the type, oh yes! I can picture him in his sweaty bedroom jabbing away at his keyboard furiously, his mum shouting up the stairs “Pinno get off the laptop, your breakfast is ready!”

Spotty faced little censored

You try to help and this is what you get... 🙄
  • pinno
    thistle_ said:

seanoconn said:

PlanetX had the OnOne MTB helmets on sale the other day, not sure if the TT/road ones are on offer too?
    Certainly cheap, not sure how light they are.
    ...and what's wrong with Aluminium?
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    seanoconn said:

I find it funny that you think Pinno's bedroom would be upstairs rather than down in the basement.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    thistle_ said:

'Ning
    WFW
    Probably no yoga today
    Bike ride later

Next door's kitten has just set off the security camera, even though it's set to only detect people. The cats are rising against us.

some might say its a purrrfect result
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    seanoconn said:

yeah. what Seano said. yeah.

As for here, went to the gym now sitting around eating lasagna. Will Zwift later.
  • MattFalle
    elbowloh said:

seanoconn said:

I find it funny that you think Pinno's bedroom would be upstairs rather than down in the basement.
    i find it funny that you think he has a bed and not just just a rocking chair with an old picnic blanket.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    elbowloh said:

seanoconn said:

He's Kenyan, not Austrian.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Afternoon peeps, spent most of the morning on 'Teams' calls, I've decided I need to get out more and just so happens got the dentist on Thursday so bike ride into town it is Lunch soon followed by another couple of calls.

Need to retrieve Stropteen from uni end of next week and she's got too much stuff to carry back to looks like my first long drive in a year or so is on the cards.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    MattFalle said:

elbowloh said:

seanoconn said:

i find it funny that you think he has a bed and not just just a rocking chair with an old picnic blanket.
    A malodorous nest under the floorboards, made from chewed up copies of Knave from the 70's salvaged from under hedges.

Yesterday I rode 80km along, 1.2 km up. Fitness is low, though I managed on just a single hobnob bar and 620 ml of water - I thought if I stopped, I wouldn't be able to get back on again.

Something must be done. Either I stop riding, or I get fit. Given the fact that it was lovely to be out, I think the latter.
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

elbowloh said:

seanoconn said:

And a banjo and a shotgun.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

elbowloh said:

seanoconn said:

A malodorous nest under the floorboards, made from chewed up copies of Knave from the 70's salvaged from under hedges.

Yesterday I rode 80km along, 1.2 km up. Fitness is low, though I managed on just a single hobnob bar and 620 ml of water - I thought if I stopped, I wouldn't be able to get back on again.

Something must be done. Either I stop riding, or I get fit. Given the fact that it was lovely to be out, I think the latter.
    Good decision. :)
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129

hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

elbowloh said:

seanoconn said:

The regular 150-160 km per week of the commute has disappeared for the foreseeable, which maintained decent level of fitness over winter.

Up to about mid Oct, I was still doing 100-150 per week, but if I don't *have* to go out, and it's dark/cold/wet, laziness kicks in hard, so riding since then has been sporadic at best.

Roll on spring and summer. Though it looks windy and wet after tomorrow.

What's that rule? Is it 5 or 9? Or both?

• MattFalle

hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

elbowloh said:

seanoconn said:

the best decison. You will be back to full power shortly.
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

elbowloh said:

seanoconn said:

And a banjo and a shotgun.
    i'm think an old microwave and a box of Iceland ready meals.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    150km a week is a good commute H321, I can appreciate how much of an negative effect not doing it must have.
    Advocate of disc brakes.