sunday i can stare for a thousand years

'ning

cold with added gloomy

ride, coffee and cake, laze, something involving the creation of crispy prosciutto, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, cold, dry, cycling early, the car wants washing but that can wait, Paris-Nice later
    Have a good day
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,143
    'Ning
    Breakfast
    Zwift
    Pilates
    Radio experiments
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Hounds / decorating / summer bike riding / decorating / cider
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    👩🏻‍🦰
    🤗
    🍆
    🍳
    🚴🏻‍♂️
    📺
    🛒
    🍲
    ⚽️
    🔨
    🫖
    📺
    😴
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

bright but fresh. heading into work for phys test prior to shenanigans with shenanigani. should be all ok but, tbh, not feeling the love.

then hopefully selling a frame to someone and considering a replacement.....
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,320
    seanoconn said:

👩🏻‍🦰
    🤗
    🍆
    🍳
    🚴🏻‍♂️
    📺
    🛒
    🍲
    ⚽️
    🔨
    🫖
    📺
    😴

Get kids up
    Love them?
    (Dunno what you're doing with the Aubergine)
    Look for your keys again
    Go for a ride
    Watch TV
    Go shopping
    Cook? Make a bomb?
    Play footie or watch footie
    Wreck the shed, set alight to it and chuck it in the neighbours garden
    Write a report on the above
    More TV
    Sleep
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    There's this bright thing in the sky...

I'm going to look at it for a while.
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

👩🏻‍🦰
    🤗
    🍆
    🍳
    🚴🏻‍♂️
    📺
    🛒
    🍲
    ⚽️
    🔨
    🫖
    📺
    😴

Get kids up
    Love them?
    Look for your keys again
    Go for a ride
    Watch TV
    Go shopping
    Cook? Make a bomb?
    More TV
    Sleep
    Bloody good effort Pinno

Although you may need glasses, assuming you though the egg in a frying pan was a Magnifying glass.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,560
    Bit of a slack day, mainly because it was a rather fine one and was a shame to spoil it with too much effort.

Even the bike ride was lazy, just bumbled along for a couple of hours this afternoon.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,457
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

👩🏻‍🦰
    🤗
    🍆
    🍳
    🚴🏻‍♂️
    📺
    🛒
    🍲
    ⚽️
    🔨
    🫖
    📺
    😴

Get kids up
    Love them?
    Look for your keys again
    Go for a ride
    Watch TV
    Go shopping
    Cook? Make a bomb?
    More TV
    Sleep
    Bloody good effort Pinno

Although you may need glasses, assuming you though the egg in a frying pan was a Magnifying glass.
    I thought the first three were before you got out of bed?

Anyhow usual weekend routine, hounds are stuffing their faces after a good run around in the woods. My turn to feed next...but first a big hot mug of tea.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    all done.

i now hurt but you know, its a good kinda hurt.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

👩🏻‍🦰
    🤗
    🍆
    🍳
    🚴🏻‍♂️
    📺
    🛒
    🍲
    ⚽️
    🔨
    🫖
    📺
    😴

Get kids up
    Love them?
    Look for your keys again
    Go for a ride
    Watch TV
    Go shopping
    Cook? Make a bomb?
    More TV
    Sleep
    Bloody good effort Pinno

I thought the first three were before you got out of bed?

Anyhow usual weekend routine, hounds are stuffing their faces after a good run around in the woods. My turn to feed next...but first a big hot mug of tea.
    👍😃🍆
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed. Walked to the old dear's but couldn't go in as she's isolating. Had a coffee sitting in the garden. Not such a quagmire down by Beverly Brook, very nice in the sunshine too

The bit I crossed on the way home isn't quite as picturesque

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    The Conifer War is over. I won. Brought back in and down to manageable levels. Very ugly haircut though. But plan is to grow some more pretty climbers up and through, hide the bare wood. Only multiple tip runs to complete.

K'nackered now. Fettled my new replacement wheel, all set up and good to go. But no way was I riding today.

Shot of caffeine then a catch up on the Paris Nice feels like a good plan.
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

But plan is to grow some more pretty climbers up and through, hide the bare wood.

Nah, set them all alight replace with Beech. Beautiful beech with some Purple Beech chucked in here and there.

https://www.hedgesdirect.co.uk/acatalog/beech-hedging-fagus-sylvatica.html
  • thistle_
    Went for a walk after lunch. Was rubbish as you can see from the photo:

• tlw1
    Turns out when the wife said the paint for the snug is in there, she meant the larder rather than the utility room, apparently the paint in there is for the utility room........ I prefer the blue/grey to the french grey she wanted in there anyway 😂

Bike ride was an Italian job 😎

• orraloon
    Oh aye. I like the beeches and the Hornbeam. Not my hedge though. Daughter's place. On a 90s build estate. Some previous owners had gone full leylandii across bottom and 1/2 way up both sides, and let them go.... Got her to agree to drop both sides, the south side one immediately upping the sunlight quota. But she wanted to keep some screening across bottom for privacy. Me? I'd have felled the lot and replaced with some small interesting trees suitable for suburban domestic gardens rather than forest monsters. Which would have been a damn sight easier dropping them than up the ladders taking out the top 2 metres of tangled bastardism and the 6-8 ft of leader overhanging the neighbours.
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Managed a bike ride. Cleared up some broken glass in road. Fitted some open paves on the treader. Gnocchi for lunch. Marmite on wholemeal muffins for tea. Kids off to bed early 😴
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

Oh aye. I like the beeches and the Hornbeam. Not my hedge though. Daughter's place. On a 90s build estate. Some previous owners had gone full leylandii across bottom and 1/2 way up both sides, and let them go.... Got her to agree to drop both sides, the south side one immediately upping the sunlight quota. But she wanted to keep some screening across bottom for privacy. Me? I'd have felled the lot and replaced with some small interesting trees suitable for suburban domestic gardens rather than forest monsters. Which would have been a damn sight easier dropping them than up the ladders taking out the top 2 metres of tangled bastardism and the 6-8 ft of leader overhanging the neighbours.

But the mess of the Leylandii when you hack a good bit off them. Takes a while before the tops green up. In fact, I saw one hedge locally that never really recovered but they did take too much off and then eventually, they pulled it up and planted Privet.
    The only good thing about Leylandii is it's good for nesting birds.
  • orraloon
    Yeah, bomb site. Still green on the front and a smidge on the back but hey 'tis the other side and if neighbours don't like then grow your own 😊

Well aware of how leylandii and the like don't regen the green, unlike yews etc. Seen some horrorshows where clearly people didn't realise.

Upside is there's a totally rampant Passionflower all over and through, cracking climber lovely flowers and bonus fruits, total barsteward to disentangle, so that will now take over. Plus prob put in a Vitus coignetiae or similar to up the colour wall.
  • orraloon
    Ps surprisingly found only 2 very old nests throughout, pigeons by the messy look, did expect to see more. And why the heat was on to do the destruction ahead of nesting season.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    orraloon said:

Ps surprisingly found only 2 very old nests throughout, pigeons by the messy look, did expect to see more. And why the heat was on to do the destruction ahead of nesting season.

It's nesting season now...
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • tlw1
    elbowloh said:

orraloon said:

I know, the buggers wings block up the hedge trimmers air filter
  • orraloon
    elbowloh said:

orraloon said:

Offusshully "nesting season" starts 1st March but... caveat caveat caveat. The onus is on the operative to assess the situation and take appropriate measures to avoid disturbance of nesting birds. Given we've had approx 2 days of sunshine and overnight temps continue to be sub zero there ain't much mating action let alone nesting going on. Es permitado to e.g. fell a tree at any time of the year subject to assessing risk of disturbance: no nesting birds, no worries; nesting birds, stop do not proceed, go immediately to Home. (Got some tickets 'n' quals see)
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    pinno said:

orraloon said:

But the mess of the Leylandii when you hack a good bit off them. Takes a while before the tops green up. In fact, I saw one hedge locally that never really recovered but they did take too much off and then eventually, they pulled it up and planted Privet.
    The only good thing about Leylandii is it's good for nesting birds.
    we "had" row of leylandii at the back of our house when we moved in. They got out of hand so a day of chainsaw and large axe soon put paid to that problem. We now have pear trees that earn their keep.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    orraloon said:

elbowloh said:

orraloon said:

Offusshully "nesting season" starts 1st March but... caveat caveat caveat. The onus is on the operative to assess the situation and take appropriate measures to avoid disturbance of nesting birds. Given we've had approx 2 days of sunshine and overnight temps continue to be sub zero there ain't much mating action let alone nesting going on. Es permitado to e.g. fell a tree at any time of the year subject to assessing risk of disturbance: no nesting birds, no worries; nesting birds, stop do not proceed, go immediately to Home. (Got some tickets 'n' quals see)
    Yeah me too. Part of my role was compliance and assurance on civils sites.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Evening. Hard day in the saddle decided to try some climbs. Turns out Shapenhoe Clappers are horrible, very steep and long. Probably didn't help I was on fat tyres but meh. 50 miles done.
    Manky weather forecast next week which looks great. Can we have spring please? I'd like some nice weather.

• thistle_
    orraloon said:

elbowloh said:

orraloon said:

Can't cut bushes in nesting season, can't do any more work.
    You can if someone qualified supervises.
    Not paying for that, tree huggers putting us in delay.
    🙄

The council/farmers ripping the hedges to bits around here and leaving the debris all over the road don't seem too bothered about it though.
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

Yeah, bomb site. Still green on the front and a smidge on the back but hey 'tis the other side and if neighbours don't like then grow your own 😊

Well aware of how leylandii and the like don't regen the green, unlike yews etc. Seen some horrorshows where clearly people didn't realise.

Upside is there's a totally rampant Passionflower all over and through, cracking climber lovely flowers and bonus fruits, total barsteward to disentangle, so that will now take over. Plus prob put in a Vitus coignetiae or similar to up the colour wall.

Plant a couple of Clematis montana rubens in amongst it.