Avoiding spoilers a quick Strade Bianchi question...

JimD666
JimD666 Posts: 1,900
Going to be settling in to watch the races later this evening. Hoping to watch the Mens race tonight and the Womens tomorrow morning. Anyone know if the commentary of the mens race gives away the result of the womens? Will have to swap race order if it does and that may put a dampener on going for a ride tomorrow morning.

At least the England cricket team did me a favour in losing quickly.....

Cheers :)

Comments

• TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,513
    At one point, they intentionally didn't name the winner so as not to spoil it. I couldn't promise they didn't let it slip over the whole race though.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    I can't remember it being mentioned, but I can't promise that. I would find it odd if they didn't mention Lizzie Deignan's victory at all (unless under instructions not to) .

(Joke, Deignan's ill and didn't race)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • JimD666
    Thanks both.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196

At one point, they intentionally didn't name the winner so as not to spoil it. I couldn't promise they didn't let it slip over the whole race though.

I'm reasonably confident they didn't name the winner - but make sure you don't stay on till the analysis (live it just rolled straight in) and they talked about them both there.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,218
    I watched the last 90km + and as mentioned above Lloyd went out of his way to avoid any spoilers on a couple of occasions when he wanted to use something from that race as an example of what can happen. I still don't know who won so you should be safe.
  • If they've got coverage of mens and womens races GCN intentionally avoid spoilers. They did it quite a lot with the cyclo-cross over the winter.
  • JimD666
    edited March 2021
    Having finally caught up, ES/GCN really did a decent job in avoiding spoilers.

The closest they got was a comment from Rob Hatch about the Dutch women dominating the race in recent times. It just wasn't the Dutch lass I'd expected to win :)

Still couple of good races :)