Will you have the Covid-19 vaccine?

joe2019
joe2019 Posts: 1,338
edited March 2021 in The cake stop
I've just read Dr. Vanessa Schmidt-Kruger views at Hearing No. 37 of the German Corona Extra-Parliamentary Inquiry Committee:

shorturl.at/ckB79

Yikes!

Comments

• kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,132
    The German Corona Extra-Parliamentary Inquiry Committee sounds grander than it is - it's a bunch of people who think that the pandemic is a fraud, and that all the tests are fake to make the appearance of a pandemic, made up by the tech and pharma industries.
  • joe2019

The German Corona Extra-Parliamentary Inquiry Committee sounds grander than it is - it's a bunch of people who think that the pandemic is a fraud, and that all the tests are fake to make the appearance of a pandemic, made up by the tech and pharma industries.

Good to know, cheers. Dr. Vanessa Schmidt-Kruger sounds legit though.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Does Dr Gillian McKeith sound legit to you?
  • joe2019
    orraloon said:

Does Dr Gillian McKeith sound legit to you?

Well, I know she's not been a cell biologist for 20 years :)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Had it and will of course have it again. I've not heard any good arguments against it. To anyone that doesn't want it could they please tell me what they see as being the route out of this is other than through a vaccination programme. Maybe people should view it as their moral duty to have the vaccine when offered.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    I have it and have date for second one. I was speaking to my auntie on Sunday, she’s in her 80’s with underlying health problems. She had the first jab then got C19, just getting over it. She was very clear that if wasn’t for the vaccine she’d be dead.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    I've had COVID. Over Xmas. Was really quite ill, still not fully recovered.
    Of course I'll have the fucking vaccine, I'm not a moron.

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,689
    Stevo_666 said:

Been there, done it, got the t-shirt.

Do you fancy swapping places with me and teaching trumpet in school next week, as I've got to mix with lots of children, and haven't been vaccinated yet?

On the basis that I know squit all about tax, and I suspect you've no idea how to play the trumpet, it seems like a fairly balanced proposal. What could possibly go wrong?
  • veronese68
    Stevo_666 said:

Another good T shirt on the subject

• joe2019
    I'm not anti-vax, I just question the speed of the roll-out, and the fact it's all been done under enormous political pressure.

They must have cut corners in the production of the vaccines. Are there any vaccines that have been created in less than a year, they normally take 10?
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,866
    joe2019 said:

I'm not anti-vax, I just question the speed of the roll-out, and the fact it's all been done under enormous political pressure.

They must have cut corners in the production of the vaccines. Are there any vaccines that have been created in less than a year, they normally take 10?

mankind is at his most innovative when necessity calls and unlimited resources obviously helps.

and we have a sample size of 20 million in the UK alone.
  • singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,489
    Yes I will have it, even if only to help us all get through this.
    There's a good chance I had COVID early on but I know that I cannot be sure about that.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    joe2019 said:

Good idea. Let's wait a few years before we use it then

For the hard of thinking - a speedy roll-out would have been about Feb 2020. They had actually been working on the vaccine for years before COVID appeared

Not only that, but the vaccines have been tested on far more people than usual.

Ignorance kills, people.
  • veronese68
    joe2019 said:

Necessity is the mother of invention, huge resources have been thrown at this. Look at the reources thrown at other vaccines over such a short time frame, I doubt you'll find anything quite comparable. Also, they weren't starting from nothing. They know about coronaviruses and vaccines so are starting with more than just a firm grounding. Question by all means but think about the implications and who the naysayers are and what their qualifications are.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,172
    joe2019 said:

for ten thousand years, there was no such thing as a computer... then they invented the transistor and some early efforts slowly rolled up... then in the space of 40 years we went from kilobytes to megabytes, gigabytes and terabytes...

Acceleration is never linear and in the presence of willingness, cooperation and almost unlimited resources, things can be achieved pretty rapidly.
    The actual vaccine in a vial can be produced in a couple of weeks. Testing takes a bit longer... it could have been speeded up even further, in the presence of a large number of volunteers happy to be infected. Could have been available in September

left the forum March 2023
  • joe2019

Not only that, but the vaccines have been tested on far more people than usual.

Agreed, 20 million in the UK alone.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    And from later this year...

https://www.vmicuk.com/
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Yes I'll definitely have it
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167

Stevo_666 said:

Do you fancy swapping places with me and teaching trumpet in school next week, as I've got to mix with lots of children, and haven't been vaccinated yet?

On the basis that I know squit all about tax, and I suspect you've no idea how to play the trumpet, it seems like a fairly balanced proposal. What could possibly go wrong?
    I like Devon - we used to go on hols there when I was a kid, so if you can just wait till it gets a bit warmer, you're on.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ibr17xvii
    ibr17xvii Posts: 1,065
    I will have it as I believe it's the right thing to do for all of us & TBH I'm desperate to get on holiday.
  • focuszing723
    focuszing723 Posts: 7,193
    It's good to see No at interest rate levels!
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,597
    Of course I'll have it. A.S.A.P.
    Anyone rejecting it can also reject all foreign travel. Sod 'em.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Stevo_666
    ibr17xvii said:

I will have it as I believe it's the right thing to do for all of us & TBH I'm desperate to get down the pub.

FTFY.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • briantrumpet
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

I like Devon - we used to go on hols there when I was a kid, so if you can just wait till it gets a bit warmer, you're on.

So the race is on... will it get warm enough for you before I'm vaccinated?
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

I'm Northern, so later this month should be OK weather-wise.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,878
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

It's a wet county though Stevo - lots more rain than Dorset or Somerset.

• briantrumpet

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

It's a wet county though Stevo - lots more rain than Dorset or Somerset.

Actually not true for large chunks of Devon, though it varies massively - you'll notice that the southern Exe & Culm Valleys are actually drier than most of Dorset, but if you head west towards Dartmoor, it does get significantly damper.

• Stevo_666
    I'm not going to get all county-ist but tbh I was more concerned about the people than the weather :smile:

https://youtu.be/MevsXakiIK4
  • bm5
    bm5 Posts: 530
    Just wish I could get an earlier appointment on the very basic booking system. Nearly 3 weeks before I could get one. You can’t go back and check for anything earlier at any centre without cancellation of the ones you have and so risk losing what you have. Tried ringing but they have no access either without cancellation. I realise they did not have long to set up the system but it’s a shame you can’t check regularly for cancellation etc.