Tuesday - time to pay up gladly for all those hamburgers

Rubbish weather day, cool showery and blustery. Plumber in early to fix water supply pipes and other stuff, then off to dish out loads of cash to the government for the dubious pleasure of driving on the roads again.

Shifted boxes of stuff out of the way, in anticipation of visitors arriving tomorrow.

WTAF do 4 year old kids eat?
Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, cold easterly wind by the look of it another overcast day, cycling later, a couple of gardening jobs to do first
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831

Either everything or nothing...... Nutella is normally the safest bet
  • tlw1
    Long walk with hounds, work stuff and then bike stuff
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    edited March 2021

Mud, snot, ants, crayons, pasta, pizza, reformed and breadcrumbed nuggets of mechanically recovered chicken or fish sludge, sausages, burgers, scrambled eggs, chips. Sweets. Mini has always loved rare steak since she was weaned, but otherwise only eats beige food. One of my pal's daughters eats olives, salami, tuna, all the veg. She was a definite rarity though.

Wfw for the morning, so on a train with plague zombies.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Home visit from the health visitor today, so tidying up and making double sure there are no death traps lying around anymore
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'ning
    Been to Tesco for the shopping where staff are taking their facemasks off to chat to each other. Wish there was a different supermarket nearby that opened before work.
    WFH then not much else later.
  • tlw1
    elbowloh said:

Home visit from the health visitor today, so tidying up and making double sure there are no death traps lying around anymore

Mate put a fake cat in with their kid for the Heath visitor, he thought she was going to have a heart attack
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    elbowloh said:

Openly swig from a bottle of "vodka" and sway a bit.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Waiting for the courier delivery timeslot notification before scheduling the day. Work work to be done, but only a 1/2 day sesh so would be better in the afternoon when the sunshine will be back. Spin that bottle / clock / sundial.

Strange times when a work day can be considered a highlight of the week.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318

Rubbish weather day, cool showery and blustery. Plumber in early to fix water supply pipes and other stuff, then off to dish out loads of cash to the government for the dubious pleasure of driving on the roads again.

Shifted boxes of stuff out of the way, in anticipation of visitors arriving tomorrow.

Anything from this menu...

https://youtu.be/jGwOGh7Ao6s
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    elbowloh said:

Deep breaths, act normal. Hide the meth. You’ll be fine 👍
  • seanoconn
    tlw1 said:

elbowloh said:

Mate put a fake cat in with their kid for the Heath visitor, he thought she was going to have a heart attack
    Prancking the health visitor!? Takes balls/ indifference to having children taken away 😂
  • seanoconn
    thistle_ said:

'ning
    Been to Tesco for the shopping where staff are taking their facemasks off to chat to each other. Wish there was a different supermarket nearby that opened before work.

What did you buy?
  • seanoconn
    hopkinb said:

Mud, snot, ants, crayons, pasta, pizza, reformed and breadcrumbed nuggets of mechanically recovered chicken or fish sludge, sausages, burgers, scrambled eggs, chips. Sweets. Mini has always loved rare steak since she was weaned, but otherwise only eats beige food. One of my pal's daughters eats olives, salami, tuna, all the veg. She was a definite rarity though.

My nephew only ate a specific type of ham and bread from the same shop, nothing else till the age of 8!
  • seanoconn
    oxoman said:

Morning all. Definitely not working, may ride later of I cba. WS they eat whatever you give them. Although chicken nuggets / fish fingers etc used to be popular with my young grandkids.

My childhood crappy favourites when my parents F@cked off to their holiday home for the weekend and I had to fend for myself were, turkey drummers, findus crispy pancakes, mr brains pork faggots, potato waffles, chicken Kiev. Smiley faces were on the menu if my girlfriend was staying over.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    My two's staple intake was puree'd anything (as long as it was an orangey red colour), pasta, yoghurt, grapes and bananas.
    Their cousin was eating Lasagne at 3yo (with garlic bread).

Foggy today which means no frost.
    Schooling in the morning and bike cleaning/fettling in the afternoon (x2).
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Oh look - the council have finally arrived to look at the drains exiting my property...
    Which I managed to unblock. I registered the fault 7 weeks ago. They came and had a look at it twice. Best go see if they are going to leave it in a more serviceable condition...
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    'ning

another nippygloomy start, but at least it's dry out

webex, fiddly gmc thing, relax, quaff

time for cafe stroll
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • thistle_
    seanoconn said:

thistle_ said:

'ning

What did you buy?
    Important things, like Fox's Crunch Creams.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    I think I've just about warmed up after yesterdays dusk ride, might split a few logs later then home for some DIY plumbing.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • elbowloh
    hopkinb said:

elbowloh said:

Openly swig from a bottle of "vodka" and sway a bit.
    So you're saying I should just be myself?

Feckers won't even say what time they're coming.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • elbowloh
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

elbowloh said:

Prancking the health visitor!? Takes balls/ indifference to having children taken away 😂
    They can be real scary. Boy had a bruise on his arm and we didn't know where it came from. And in spite of us highlighting it and taking him to get it checked out, it prompted multiple visits from health visitors, an order to take him to hospital to be stripped naked and checked all over for other wounds and the the implied threat of having him taken away. It was only later when we saw him sucking on his own arm in the exact same place did we realise he'd given himself a love bite.

It makes you not want to tell them anything.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    hopkinb said:

Thank you - I think we can rustle up most of those ingredients. What about roadkill? Loads of that round here...
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    seanoconn said:

Anything from this menu...

https://youtu.be/jGwOGh7Ao6s
    That looks disturbingly like the dietary requirements list we got from some lesbian friends who came to visit a while ago. 😄
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Another dull grey day here, WS, be glad you had guests with a manageable dietary requirement, a gluten free vegan who only eats locally sourced food coming over for a meal in winter is limiting

Do you like Turnips?

Urgh faff anyway more dullness today doing network tracing for a bug so that'll be my day organised going through long trace files, I'm sure I employed someone to do this surely.
    Anyway post work going for a wander get some fresh air an try (slowly) to regain some of the fitness I seem to have lost of late.
    Anyone got any cake?
  • thistle_
    step83 said:

Anyone got any cake?

Sorry, eaten all of it this morning.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    That reminds me, I'm hungry.

Busy morning dealing with idiots in HR who want advice from lawyers to tell us what we already know. Ho hum. Also dealing with the local stealership who are trying to find ways of wheeling out of doing stuff under warranty/outside of service plan. Sneaky gits.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

Also dealing with the local stealership who are trying to find ways of wheeling out of doing stuff under warranty/outside of service plan. Sneaky gits.

There were reasons why the Ruskie set his AMG alight.
  • pinno
    step83 said:

...I'm sure I employed someone to do this surely.

Now you are manglement, delegate?

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Busy day of wfh, think I might go out for some fresh air to get away from poxy f'ing computers. Need to finish this piece of toast first.
    Good luck with visiting 4yo WS, if they are anything like my son they'll eat anything and everything. My daughter, not so much.
    Health vistiors are awful Elbow, with the boy they put the fear of god int the Mrs a couple of times. With the girl we'd learnt enough to know when to ignore them, which was most of the time.
    Right, I'm going outside for a bit