Marc Hirschi

josame
josame Posts: 1,141
'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,149
    Not really.

DSM are known to be ultra strict to the point intrusion into riders private life. Some riders like this. Many don't particularly those that can get treated like adults elsewhere. They have a history of quickly losing their star riders before their contract is up as they find it suffocating (as people close to Hirschi have described it) and underpaid.

I believe DSM stands for Die Stasi Mannschaft
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Cycling podcast were talking about this in the latest episode
  • josame said:
    A footnote to that rather skimpy, re-hash piece is as it states in it's final line: Hirschi was on the startlist of both the Faun-Ardèche Classic and the Royal Bernard Drome Classic.
    Yesterday, his name disappeared.

As it stands, this isn't that suspicious as a number of big names have scratched this week, including both Mollema and Pinot.
    Strade Bianche, next Saturday, is his new season opener, so watch that space....
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • josame
    josame Posts: 1,141
    The need for an NDA 🤔
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,103
    josame said:

The need for an NDA 🤔

That's absolutely standard when employment is terminated early.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,584
    RichN95. said:

Not really.

DSM are known to be ultra strict to the point intrusion into riders private life. Some riders like this. Many don't particularly those that can get treated like adults elsewhere. They have a history of quickly losing their star riders before their contract is up as they find it suffocating (as people close to Hirschi have described it) and underpaid.

I believe DSM stands for Die Stasi Mannschaft

Wrong language....
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,149

Wrong language....

The team is technically German

Twitter: @RichN95
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    edited February 2021
    Okay, so now he's been scratched from both Strade Bianche and Paris-Nice, next weekend plus Milan San Remo.
    Debut pushed back to Catalunya on March 22nd..........
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,478
    Really hope there's nothing to it. The team change was a bit odd but I don't like jumping to conclusions.
  • rick_chasey

Okay, so now he's been scratched from both Strade Bianche and Paris-Nice, next weekend plus Milan San Remo.

Hmmmm
  • Very strange that his season has been delayed given all the stories going around
  • rick_chasey

Very strange that his season has been delayed given all the stories going around

Especially as MSR *really suits him*
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,564

“Curiouser and curiouser”, said Alice.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • david37
    david37 Posts: 1,313

Very strange that his season has been delayed given all the stories going around

It really really does! hmmm there may be more to this than meets the eye. Perhaps he's just out of shape
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,385
    d...does it tho?

I'd have said Strade Bianchi (and the Ardennes Classics) are more his scene
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,103

Does it? He's more of an Ardennes type rider, who usually forsake MSR as the Poggio isn't hard enough to get rid of better sprinters.
  • rick_chasey
    andyp said:

Does it? He's more of an Ardennes type rider, who usually forsake MSR as the Poggio isn't hard enough to get rid of better sprinters.
    Yeah you're right.

Confusing myself.

I just thought of that first week tour stage where Alaphilippe beat him in the sprint and figured "yeah, they're the same".
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,385
    I'm not saying I wouldn't jump out of my chair to shout at the telly if he attacked over the Poggio mind...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver