Monday, : Beware the ides of March

Morning, frosty start with some mist, Tigger walked , tea and porridge to start the day, conservatory roof needs washing , cycling later
Have a good day

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    'ning

nippy gloomy

ride, cafes, wfh, heady swirl of lockdown, bubbly
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    WFH
    Yoga
    Maybe more depending on motivation.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Walk hounds, work stuff, maybe some yoga then probably road bikes with a pal, third day in a row I’ve cycled 😳 but after two times on the summer bike in shorts I think I will be on singlespeed winter hack
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    edited March 2021
    What's with all the frikkin Yoga?!

Very frosty white out there but the sun is shining and there's not a cloud in the sky. Conservatory is already almost nearly just about near enough habitable.

Hedge cuttings fire is still smokin'.
    sungod said:

...heady swirl...bubbly

I'm not Sherlock but...

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    First day of unnofficial paternity leave
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

What's with all the frikkin Yoga?!

Fcukd backs and hips from WFH and running.
    And bendy women.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    May claim I need today off due to trauma caused by last March, then rinse repeat till end of March.
    Reminded me to check to. Some guys been off for the last year with "stress". Obviously I don't know the reasons etc, but please or wise one, tell me your secrets! A year off for stress sounds good to me.

Anyway rather foggy in Heckshire cant really comment much more than that as I can't see due to aforementioned fog. Dog walked, nice coffee an morning pasty from a cafe who are operating as a food van. Cunning an I'm not complaining.

Anyway work stuff an meetings galore woooo
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Morning.

Slept terribly again, but determined to approach today positively.

Popping out on the bike at lunch - Gios, will try to get a photo. Sorry @pinno , but I'll probably do some yoga tonight.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Ben6899
    This happy lad has the actual Ides of March, in his slimy palms.

Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Taken the day off after another weekend of terrible sleep or rather lack of. Trying to find the motivation to go for a ride rather than back to bed
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Ben6899 said:

This happy lad has the actual Ides of March, in his slimy palms.

Nope. Maybe the caffeine has yet to kick start the brain, but no unnerstan...

Got another full load of conifer debris to take to the tip. Will it be busy? Probably? Can I time it right? Probably not. Perhaps take a flask of coffee and a biscuit or some such with me to while away the eons of waiting.

Then it will be pottering various, which may include a ride but is more likely to feature a forage into the zombie zone for essentials. Life eh.
  • pinno
    itboffin said:

Taken the day off after another weekend of terrible sleep or rather lack of. Trying to find the motivation to go for a ride rather than back to bed

You?!
  • pinno
    thistle_ said:

And bendy women.

Now this is making sense.

• Ben6899
    orraloon said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ide_(fish)
    Ben

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Ben6899 said:

orraloon said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ide_(fish)
    Ah merci buckets. Shows the difference in results in googling plural vs singular. Plus having a half asleep brain (not) working.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning,

Taking this as Spring now because it's been sunny recently. Nice to see the daylight on my drive up North this morning. Probably should have a rest week this week but I'm enjoying riding too much at the moment. Hopefully the new silly aero brakes will arrive for the silly aero bike so I can test out the new silly aero wheels soon. Would be nice to ride the fast bike again
  • thistle_
    step83 said:

May claim I need today off due to trauma caused by last March, then rinse repeat till end of March.
    Reminded me to check to. Some guys been off for the last year with "stress". Obviously I don't know the reasons etc, but please or wise one, tell me your secrets! A year off for stress sounds good to me.

We had a guy who was off for a couple of years due to anxiety, he worked when he could which would sometimes be for a couple of weeks at a time before he was ill again.
    It wasn't quite the holiday it sounds as when he wasn't in he could barely get out of bed and was only sleeping 1 or 2 hours a day :disappointed:

• Ben6899
    haydenm said:

Morning,

Taking this as Spring now because it's been sunny recently. Nice to see the daylight on my drive up North this morning. Probably should have a rest week this week but I'm enjoying riding too much at the moment. Hopefully the new silly aero brakes will arrive for the silly aero bike so I can test out the new silly aero wheels soon. Would be nice to ride the fast bike again

You're fitting Campag Deltas?
    Ben

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    itboffin said:

Why the lack of sleep? Resident sleep experts might be able to help
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    Morning Wannabe Sicky-takers,

Dropped the Panzer off at the garage for its annual servicing etc. Walked back as CBA with a poxy courtesy car when I'm not really going anywhere for now. Now finishing off minion appraisals then on to some regular work.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    edited March 2021
    haydenm said:

Morning,

Hopefully the new silly aero brakes will arrive for the silly aero bike so I can test out the new silly aero wheels soon. Would be nice to ride the fast bike again

You're not going to adopt a silly aero position too? 4 foot saddle to handlebar drop a la MF.

Delta's - had them. Sold them. Sniff.

• pinno
    seanoconn said:

itboffin said:

Why the lack of sleep? Resident alcofrolics might be able to help and therein lies the solution.
    FTFY.

On a serious note, it's your neck ITB?

• pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

Now finishing off minion appraisals then on to some regular work.

"You make a great cup of tea"
    "You polished my shoes super lovely shiny"
    "You shouldn't make ouch noises when retrieving the pen I dropped under my desk"

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

"You shouldn't make ouch noises when retrieving the pen I dropped under my desk"

:smile:

I'll have to wait until we're all back to working in the office before they can do a proper job of being small yellow creatures with goggles and blue dungarees.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Bit of misty showery stuff to start the day. Into town for another attempt with osteopath to fix the sore ribs/back. Better, but not finished.

Trip around a few electrical wholesalers looking for lighting bits. Home just in time for some serious rain to hit, but all over in 15 minutes at least.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

itboffin said:

Why the lack of sleep? Resident alcofrolics might be able to help and therein lies the solution.
    FTFY.

I think he’s fallen asleep.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

itboffin said:

FTFY.

Alcohol makes you sleep shyte. It knocks you out ok, but you don't get the proper sleep cycles, and all the natural stimulants the brain releases to counteract the effects alcohol leave you wide awake and anxious about 4 or 5 hours after you stop drinking. Any sleep after that is fitful and useless.

What with the liver damage, the weight gain, the dulling of the mind, it's a wonder anyone bl00dy drinks.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    edited March 2021
    Ride ridden. Espresso espressed. Sideways it seems. Back at my desk for more wfh tedium.

• Ben6899
    hopkinb said:

the dulling of the mind

There's you answer!
    Ben

• seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

:smile:

I'll have to wait until we're all back to working in the office before they can do a proper job of being small yellow creatures with goggles and blue dungarees.

Kevin, Dave and Bob. They are not just small yellow creatures. They have names 🙄