'ning

ride, coffee, cake, all is entropy
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    Sub zero again here.
    Want to go for a ride but dark and ice aren't usually a good combo.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    edited February 2021
    Morning, freezing but dry, more sunshine later though, early ride, roast at lunch , cycling on tv this afternoon
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    edited February 2021
    Today is undecided but will absolutely involve walking hounds, some exercise and cider
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Up early, fed the cats, injected cat with insulin, emptied the bin, emptied litter tray and ready to receive Tesco delivery...all before wife, boy and baby are up. Rest of day will be a lazy one as I was up all through the night helping to feed, wind and change nappies on baby.

As we've not had a coffee pic for a while, cappuccino:

Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • thistle_
    Went for a ride which sucked. Almost literally. Felt like I was riding through glue.
    Jiggly time on zoom later if the others aren't hungover.
    What did I miss in the deleted thread?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    tlw1 said:

Today is undecided but will absolutely involve walking hounds, some exercise and cider

You saved me the effort, ta :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,321
    thistle_ said:

Went for a ride which sucked. Almost literally. Felt like I was riding through glue.

Deleted thread chap pops up with the odd crazy thread when he’s off his meds, “I want to fight Mike Tyson” etc. Must have been more crack pot than normal to warrant deletion.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,615
    seanoconn said:

thistle_ said:

Deleted thread chap pops up with the odd crazy thread when he’s off his meds, “I want to fight Mike Tyson” etc. Must have been more crack pot than normal to warrant deletion.
    Meejah self-censorship!?

Caffeine intake #1 before pronto trip to the tip with first of the loads resultant from yesterday's round of the Conifer Wars. In theory 🤔 miss the 1h wait in da queue. Load up the 2nd but prob wait until tomorrow to drop, weekdays should be quieter. Could be a plan?

Then I'm free, to do what I want, any old time. Ride? Watch KBK? Potter about doing things greenfingered which encourage growth rather than destruction?
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    You have to book a timed slot at our recycling place now?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    Bit dull here but dry.
    Crashed well before midnight and woke up after 9. Do some stretching, couple of household chores, then it will be eating and doing little all day.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Beautiful day, was up much earlier than usual. Should have done some photos, full moon setting just before sunrise here. But... didn't.

Took load of old broken tiles to the tip, picked up a bunch of new drainage pipes to be installed as water tank overflow. So exciting. Would have done more to install them but have been walking around a bit sore the last few days from muscle problem in the ribs. Back to the physio tomorrow for more treatment.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Checking boy's maths GCSE practice papers.

Drinking coffee.

Then a family bike ride. I really need a bike to do family bike rides on. Like always it'll be 10 km of watching Mrs H³ turning her tallest gear at a cadence of approximately 7. While the nippers moan and kvetch.

Same problem as all the other bikes I need though. Nowhere to store them, so I'm stuck with one.

Screwing some stuff to walls as well. Lights, shelving unit.

Sunday, bloody Sunday.
  • pinno
    I had a Raleigh Pioneer hybrid for communting way back in 'Naam.
    I actually really liked it.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,615
    orraloon said:

...Could be a plan?

Bad plan. Bad! Bad plan! Arrived at 10, queued out, 45m wait. And getting worse; on way out see Karens and / or Nigels trying to queue jump by barging in. Gonna be words plus tears no doubt. Looks like Oxfordshire CC need to get a grip and introduce a booking system as elsewhere.

Great start to the day. And chill.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start has been enjoyed. Going to wonder over to the old dear's shortly. I'll look out for a really bored bloke on a ti bike traveling at walking pace 😂
    I put a front rack on the old man's bike yesterday for shopping. Now should be more balanced when carrying heavy loads. Just call me CB. It's an old Dawes Ambassador gents town bike, good enough to pass the odd roadie but looks shite so it shouldn't get nicked.
    Might make some coffee first.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    edited February 2021
    hopkinb said:

Same problem as all the other bikes I need though. Nowhere to store them, so I'm stuck with one.

Haven't you got a shed down the bottom of your garden H3? :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Prynhawn da. Nice ride this morning, felt good, didn’t get properly dropped on the hills for the first time in years. Lunches on leftover stew which was lovely. Time for a cuppa I think.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    This made me smile because there sure as hell isn't.

A lot more pleasant without golfists and their silly trousers

• hopkinb
    More pics from mine and V's ends. I managed to persuade them that a brisk walk was better than a walking pace bike ride.

• Afternoon boys and girls. Bike fetled but a nasty gash in my rubber...

Mowed the lawn, raked the moss then remowed. Tidied the shed and conservatory, tea and biscuits in shirt sleeves in the garden. Quick bash of swingball, jobs jobbed.
  • My day in picture (singular)

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • My apologies for being in the far west
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    Sun popped out so decided to clean all up the hedge cuttings, pruning debris etc etc and burn it.
    Only 7 hours work and the fire is still going, so I am properly goosed.
    I walked the perimeter of the garden - 87 steps by 94 by 111. It's a funny triangle, with a lot of bloody hedge.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Lovely sunny day, nice for a bike ride.
    Wife mentioned that somebody* had mown their lawn, the obvious inference being...

*tw@t.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170

Evening, nice out after the fog defogged. Much sun etc. Couple of photos after. Little loop which was nice round the golf course
  • hopkinb

My day in picture (singular)

Worshipping logs? Is this a thing in the west? :)
  • thistle_
    edited February 2021
    Bike fettled.
    Went for some off piste hiking which was hard going.
    Came back with some new blisters and a shed load of bottles, wrappers, energy gels, Starbucks cups etc. that people had dropped all over the pristine countryside
    #chavlife
  • pinno
    Good of you to do your bit though Thistle.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686

Went for a bike ride.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • pinno
    With your OH Ben?