saturday dominate the opponent

'ning

nippy, forecast sunny, though no useful uv

ride cafes cakes, later mrs s will present cats with a new brace of catnip mice, while i laze, enjoy the spectacle and sip bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, frosty start, no doubt sunshine , early ride, might watch the racing later, that’s unless a certain lady has something planned
    Have a good weekend
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Walk hounds, longish run, then choose paints 🙄

Assume a few jobs then watch Chris Moyles DJ set with a few ciders
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Garden repair today. Kids destroyed it playing football in the first lockdown, turning it into a muddy eye sore. Carpentry first. Repairing broken shed slats then seeding the lawn.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

Frosty start here, on a work course today and tomorrow but should be enjoyable, bit of zwifting or a weights sesh later.

have a top day people.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Hi-de-hi

Long-ish walk with the dog (legs still a bit sore after thursday’s run so I’ll skip the running today), day of being parked on the sofa, sport on tv, marking marking marking.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    edited February 2021
    'Ning
    Buns in the oven
    Dancing ladies on zoom
    Something outside in the sun when it warms up.

Need to clean the mud/horse sht off my bike at some point.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Pruned and fed my roses yesterday. Will do some more garden tasks today. Feeding and topping up raised beds and pots. Chopping back and removing dead stuff. Chucking bits into neighbour's garden waste bin.

Might even get the bicycle out.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Mmm run abandoned due to sore hip, looks like I’m going to miss the minimum distance on the training plan by 10 miles and the max by 60 😢
  • seanoconn
    hopkinb said:

Pruned and fed my roses yesterday. Will do some more garden tasks today. Feeding and topping up raised beds and pots. Chopping back and removing dead stuff. Chucking bits into neighbour's garden waste bin.

Hard prune? Roses like to be treating mean.
  • hopkinb
    seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

Ruthless...
  • seanoconn
    hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

Ruthless...
    👍 I like a man who can keep his roses in check.

Garden work is on hold. Neighbour has chosen today of all days to hire a couple of traveller gentlemen to fix her fence. I’m not going out there until they’ve gone 😤
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,197
    seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

Ruthless...

Garden work is on hold. Neighbour has chosen today of all days to hire a couple of traveller gentlemen to fix her fence. I’m not going out there until they’ve gone 😤
    What?! But shurely they're related. Did you forget to send them a Christmas card?

Just waiting for Mum to finish off some domestic chores and then i'm going pedalling. Good job too 'cos the sun has burnt off a touch of frost and the temp has lifted to a balmy 8 degrees.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    😳 I'd be out there keeping solid eye on, for to prevent the mysterious disappearance of paving, roses, assorted other garden plants and stuff miscellaneous.

Girding self for round 2 of conifer hedge wars round daughter's place. Objective: total obliteration of the right flank, 5-6 large bleepers to be taken down, cut to pieces, set on fire and chucked over the neighbours' fence... oh got carried away there a bit.

To be followed by a relax while watching OHN, either live or catch up.
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

Ruthless...

What?! But shurely they're related. Did you forget to send them a Christmas card?

Just waiting for Mum to finish off some domestic chores and then i'm going pedalling. Good job too 'cos the sun has burnt off a touch of frost and the temp has lifted to a balmy 8 degrees.
    Stop calling Mrs P mum.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start was slightly curtailed as taking the EPO to get jabbed. She's planning on walking back but I'll have to go and meet her as she needs someone to lean on after a while. But, she's definitely improving as couldn't have walked that a few weeks ago.
    Nice and sunny out so pottering outdoors for the rest of the day.
  • 'ning

Walked dog, made coffee. Cleaned car, and removed all the odds and ends as it looks like I'll get rid of it. Mother has decided to stop driving (she's 87, so no surprise) which means I'll use her car. Bit unexciting, but it's much newer than mine and everything works. A diesel VW.

Cleaned up after the final patch of floor tiles removed, to get rid of the dust. Just some detail bits to finish and it's ready for the new stuff whenever that arrives.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • hopkinb
    edited February 2021
    Lovely early spring day. Not so good early spring legs. Saved myself embarrassment by leaving the wahoo in the drawer.

• hopkinb
    Why the fatk are they sideways? They never used to be. Except Hampton Bridge, which I took in landscape.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Usual hound centric Saturday morning. Sadly this afternoon will involve some work - bloody HR and appraisal deadlines. Grumble grumble. Take away and vino later as a reward.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Yep, I remember that area when I stayed in Hampton Hill.
    Good memories of a café in Richmond high street and visiting Hampton Court with Swedish GF.
    ...and somewhere where there was a central, rectangular shaped green area, surrounded by buildings and some lovely pubs not too far away? Anyone?
    Good curry place in Hampton High street.
    All a bit of a blur as it was between chemo.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121

Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start was slightly curtailed as taking the EPO to get jabbed. She's planning on walking back but I'll have to go and meet her as she needs someone to lean on after a while.

You could follow behind as neutral service, or lead in front as a pace car.

• hopkinb
    pinno said:

...and somewhere where there was a central, rectangular shaped green area, surrounded by buildings and some lovely pubs not too far away? Anyone?

Kew Green? That fits your description, and is about a mile out of Richmond, just before Kew Bridge. Overlooked by Georgian looking townhouses and as you say, a couple of pubs. I think there's a cricket square.

• johngti
    Dog walked. Poor thing is obviously feeling old. Only about 3.5 miles but she was struggling for the last of them. Proper oatcakes to look forward to for lunch! OHN plus rugby to “enjoy” and I’ll do a bit of marking too. Oh, and getting the bike sorted for tomorrow morning
  • seanoconn
    edited February 2021
    hopkinb said:

Lovely early spring day. Not so good early spring legs. Saved myself embarrassment by leaving the wahoo in the drawer.

We did that walk from Kingston to Hampton court last February on that freaky day when it was 19 degrees! Lovely walk when the kids don’t stop to stroke every dog they see. Shame to see that Hampton court has suffered such alarming subsidence in the intervening 12 months.
  • seanoconn
    Garden jobbed. Takeaway earned.
  • hopkinb
    johngti said:

Dog walked. Poor thing is obviously feeling old. Only about 3.5 miles but she was struggling for the last of them. Proper oatcakes to look forward to for lunch! OHN plus rugby to “enjoy” and I’ll do a bit of marking too. Oh, and getting the bike sorted for tomorrow morning

My dog is quite young, I think she's 6 in May, but much over an hour and a half and the tail starts to drop, and she starts to try and turn left at every opportunity. She seems to think left means home.

Dug bone meal and pelleted shyte into my raised beds and pots, bit of fresh compost and topsoil too. Mrs H³ can think about spring planting now. There are few bulbs poking through. Catkins starting to show on the droopy willow thing in the front garden.

• hopkinb
    Fcken sideways droopy willow thing...
  • johngti
    hopkinb said:

johngti said:

My dog is quite young, I think she's 6 in May, but much over an hour and a half and the tail starts to drop, and she starts to try and turn left at every opportunity. She seems to think left means home.

Dug bone meal and pelleted shyte into my raised beds and pots, bit of fresh compost and topsoil too. Mrs H³ can think about spring planting now. There are few bulbs poking through. Catkins starting to show on the droopy willow thing in the front garden.

Ours is an 11 year old lab so definitely not as sprightly as she thinks she is and too heavy to carry home! Still, I think she enjoyed herself
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    edited February 2021
    Our two hounds (5 yo and 1 yo cockerpoos) could go further than we take them but its the old farts walking them that can't keep up. We do a good 75-90 minutes off the lead in the woods where they run much further than we walk and they usually look a bit put out when we stick their leads back on to head home.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    hopkinb said:

pinno said:

Kew Green? That fits your description, and is about a mile out of Richmond, just before Kew Bridge. Overlooked by Georgian looking townhouses and as you say, a couple of pubs. I think there's a cricket square.

This ^.