Friday, We ride at Dawn, or Sue, or Ann etc

Morning, feeling cold , clear skies hopefully we should see some sunshine, walking the dog soon after I’ve finished this cuppa
Have a good day

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    'ning

nippy ride, cafe, webex, laze, bubbly

arranged more hols, now let's see if the lying blatherskite messes this one up
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Walk the hounds, steady 5 miles of time then work. Later another run then cider
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    edited February 2021
    sungod said:

'ning

Which month have you books Sungod? , we are thinking about booking Sept but not 100% sure what the travel situation/rules will be by then

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Booked two weeks away in August. Can cancel up to a month before and get money back. Is a bit of a gamble but took a chance before prices shoot up.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433

sungod said:

'ning

Which month have you books Sungod? , we are thinking about booking Sept but not 100% sure what the travel situation/rules will be by then

booked to fly out to lanzarote last week of may, seems a reasonable bet

should be clear by mid-april what is happening with exit/entry rules, test requirements etc.

worst case i move the flights, have had plenty of practice!

still have flights due in april but i'm assuming these turn into pumpkins, just waiting for ba to cancel, also have july/august flights which i'm assuming will be ok

i always arrange flights/accom separately as it's more flexible/easier to shuffle, but not everyone's option i know
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    We have a week self catering by the beach in Cornwall in July.
    Looking seriously at a week in Crete last week of August.
    Dunno about prices shooting up, they are already astronomical.

Wfh, stare out of window, walk dog, wfh. I think I have a pension advisor calling me at some point. Fold my dry washing, do the kid's washing. Will the excitement never cease?
  • hopkinb
    sungod said:

lying blatherskite

👍

• tlw1
    Booked Cornwall for 12 April 😂, price inflation too hopkinb 🙄
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn said:

Booked two weeks away in August. Can cancel up to a month before and get money back. Is a bit of a gamble but took a chance before prices shoot up.

Should have added ‘abroad’ like flying to another country.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    seanoconn said:

Poland?
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Not booked anything yet. Will wait and see what happens, not just in the UK but more importantly in the destination countries.
    No point going if you can't get out and about to enjoy your holiday.
  • tlw1
    edited February 2021
    It is nice in the uk today.........

Why the feck does it rotate my pics that look right on my phone
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195

seanoconn said:

Poland?
    Canvey Island.

Nice day today.
    Make bread, do schooling, drop water pump off at Jewson's first...

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    tlw1 said:

It is nice in the uk today.........

Why the censored does it rotate my pics that look right on my phone

Happened to me yesterday too. Couldn't work it out. Sure there are clever computer people who know how.

• seanoconn

seanoconn said:

Poland?
    How did you guess? 😃 The price you pay for a sexy foreign wifey. No sea or sand but plenty of sun, warmer summers than here but cooler in the evenings. Beautiful house and gardens slap bang in the most amazing countryside. Great food (no it’s not all carp and pickled stuff, that’s Christmas) cheap booze. Kids get spoilt rotten. Giant paddling pool, waist deep so not really paddling, all the outdoor sports you could think of. MIL can be a pain when she drunk but you don’t see her for two days after. Dr father in law is a legend and I’ve no idea how he puts up with his wife, she’s still a looker even well into her 60’s my god, talk about neurotic. All in all a good holiday, creating lots of happy memories for the kids. 👍

• hopkinb
    Elbow posted super news in yesterday's thread. He might be a bit tired and emotional. :)

Congrats are in order for the newly enlarged family Elbow!
  • seanoconn
    He was already tired and emotional! Congrats Elbow!
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Cheers guys.

I was made to go home at 7 last night when wife went to the ward, coz of COVID, so i had a decent night's kip and fish and chips!

Wife had a mare and was up all night.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Congratulations E++

Ride not quite at Dawn, more like Lunch. On the summer bike! I'll try to remember how to ride it.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, wfh as usual. Looking at new bikes because I'm bored. Nice dog walk in the sun but it's clouded over now. I 'caught a ball' last night in clear view of my bosses so I think I can get away with very little work today.

We have booked a place for my Mum's birthday in North Yorkshire for June, we had a place in France booked (and a week long ride for me and my brother to get there) but it's not worth listening to my mum worry about it for the whole of Spring. Still, my ride there is going to be 265km + 3200m so I'm looking forward to it!
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

Firstly - most importantly - echo MF's comments from yesterday's post - brilliant news - many many congrats.

Went to work, went to the gym, chattedshit for a bit, OC called it a day as its sunny nowabout to have coffee on the terrace with TDV then some zwifting and starting my UCAS application.

Will do another weights sesh later in attempt to get back 5kg of lost shoulders/arms/chest.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • tlw1
    elbowloh said:

Cheers guys.

I was made to go home at 7 last night when wife went to the ward, coz of COVID, so i had a decent night's kip and fish and chips!

Typical wife, always make a fuss about something that is nowhere near as bad as man flu

Congratulations!
  • haydenm
    elbowloh said:

Cheers guys.

For some reason these posts hadn't updated before I posted mine, I didn't just ignore your news. Congrats! Exciting times
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    tlw1 said:

elbowloh said:

Cheers guys.

Typical wife, always make a fuss about something that is nowhere near as bad as man flu

Congratulations!
    Yeah, she was fussing about having an epidural or something, but in the end everything went so quickly, that there was no time for it and she had to make do wiht gas and air...Whereas, i missed breakfast and my morning coffe and subsequently had a headache.

I mean who had the bigger issue?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • haydenm
    I would 100% want an epidural, possibly loads of morphine too.

One of my wife's bridesmaids announced she was pregnant last week and the whole thing makes me feel ill. If/when it's my turn I'm going to be 100% useless. Is it possible to have morphine prescribed as the father...?
  • MattFalle
    elbowloh said:

tlw1 said:

elbowloh said:

Cheers guys.

Congratulations!
    Yeah, she was fussing about having an epidural or something, but in the end everything went so quickly, that there was no time for it and she had to make do wiht gas and air...Whereas, i missed breakfast and my morning coffe and subsequently had a headache.

I mean who had the bigger issue?
    epidural? what's her problem?

Two paracetamol and a Hello Kitty over the parts where its torn then come on sweet pea, up you get, walk it off - it'll be fine.
  • MattFalle
    haydenm said:

Is it possible to have morphine prescribed as the father...?

prescription? whats that then?

• MattFalle
    haydenm said:

One of my wife's bridesmaids announced she was pregnant last week and the whole thing makes me feel ill. If/when it's my turn I'm going to be 100% useless. Is it possible to have morphine prescribed as the father...?

i delivered both of ours.

you know this stuff about it being life affirming and the best thing ever and joyous, yada yada yada?

Blloix. Its gopping. Never again. Put me off Pot Noodles for days.
  • haydenm
    MattFalle said:

haydenm said:

Is it possible to have morphine prescribed as the father...?

prescription? whats that then?

It makes the drugs free.

Or £5 a go or whatever it is elsewhere in the UK...

• haydenm
    MattFalle said:

haydenm said:

i delivered both of ours.

you know this stuff about it being life affirming and the best thing ever and joyous, yada yada yada?

Blloix. Its gopping. Never again. Put me off Pot Noodles for days.
    Grim, grim and grim. But good work.

In the last few years I have got really squeemish and also dreadful with heights. I nearly passed out up a mountain near Ullapool, and watching a TV programme about reproduction/cancer. I used to be fine, I don't know what has happened to me but I'm a total whimp now