Seemingly trivial things that cheer you up

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,209
    Maybe it is, he needed a new job.
  • Harry182
    Harry182 Posts: 1,169
    Good thing he's not sounding like WvA -- You wouldn't get any work done. ;)
  • Blackbirds singing marking their territory. A nice day and a real sense of spring. The Robins have been singing through out winter.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,685
    A nice pile of local split hardwood delivered for the Jotul. This lot will get another two years of drying before it's burned. It didn't give me as much pleasure stacking it in August when it was 30C.

• briantrumpet
    I'm not sure what's going on, but I just had excellent service from Yodel, delivering a router sent out from Talktalk last night, excellent parcel tracking so I knew where it was street by street, and a pleasant driver.

There's a first time for everything, I suppose.
  • Pross
    Billy Monger. Suffering those horrendous injuries at such a young age, coming back to do the sport he loves and now completing the sort of challenge for Comic Relief that luvvies with two legs usually make a big deal about taking part in. Inspirational.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,218
    Cycling season starts tomorrow
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,586
    Step 1 was an annoyance. Having to dismantle my hifi to fit a wfh computer setup.
    Step 2 was reinstalling my amp & speakers with the speakers either side of the desk, then connecting the phone dock.
    I definitely do not want to return to the office now! 😎
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    pblakeney said:

then connecting the phone dock.

Visions of...

• pblakeney

pblakeney said:

then connecting the phone dock.

Visions of...

Not quite, but if I hooked up my turntable again then I'd have an older component. 😉
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,125
    Calendar of photos by Simon Gill

• Pross
    First ride on the road on my carbon road bike today for a couple of years and first time riding it with the new groupset and wheels. The gear change and braking on the new Shimano 105 5700 compared to the previous (10 year old) Tiagra is incredible. Just a small, light movement followed by a crisp gear change. The bike itself felt so good after a few rides on my CAADX recently too. Downside is it made me realise how unfit I am for cycling, even allowing for my route taking in some every steep climbs with narrow, single lane descents the speed was embarassing and I was certainly grateful for the new compact chainset and larger cassette (now very close to a 1:1 gear ratio whereas in a former life my minimum was 2:1).
  • briantrumpet
    Pross said:

First ride on the road on my carbon road bike today for a couple of years and first time riding it with the new groupset and wheels. The gear change and braking on the new Shimano 105 5700 compared to the previous (10 year old) Tiagra is incredible. Just a small, light movement followed by a crisp gear change. The bike itself felt so good after a few rides on my CAADX recently too. Downside is it made me realise how unfit I am for cycling, even allowing for my route taking in some every steep climbs with narrow, single lane descents the speed was embarassing and I was certainly grateful for the new compact chainset and larger cassette (now very close to a 1:1 gear ratio whereas in a former life my minimum was 2:1).

Reminds me of my first ride on my (then) new SuperSix with Ultegra in 2010. Total joy after everything I'd ridden before.

I hope your pleasure will only increase now, as you regain fitness.
  • focuszing723
    focuszing723 Posts: 7,193
    Getting back from a good ride today with the Sun low in the calm, clear, blue sky.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,125
    The whole 42 minutes of the Beatles/Billy Preston rooftop concert will be in the film out this year. First time.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    I'd forgotten how squeaky newborns can be.

Everytime i pick her up or put her down, she squeaks. Number 1 son was exactly the same.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    elbowloh said:

Everytime i pick her up or put her down, she squeaks. Number 1 son was exactly the same.

3 in 1 oil?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • elbowloh
    pinno said:

elbowloh said:

3 in 1 oil?
    On a baby?

No, i only use the good stuff, MucOff ceramic dry chain lube (its what i've got lying about).
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,277
    elbowloh said:

pinno said:

elbowloh said:

3 in 1 oil?
    On a baby?

No, i only use the good stuff, MucOff ceramic dry chain lube (its what i've got lying about).
    You want to be really careful of buildup. Give her a good hose down each evening.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • pinno
    elbowloh said:

pinno said:

elbowloh said:

3 in 1 oil?
    On a baby?

Okay, Cod liver oil.

Anyhoo, what should cheer you up is this little bundle. Totally reliant on you. Totally selfish. Time consuming.
    But beautiful.
  • briantrumpet
    elbowloh said:

pinno said:

elbowloh said:

3 in 1 oil?
    On a baby?

Only on triplets.
  • pinno

elbowloh said:

pinno said:

elbowloh said:

3 in 1 oil?
    On a baby?

Only on triplets.
    There's a melodic joke somewhere in there too.
  • elbowloh
    pinno said:

elbowloh said:

pinno said:

elbowloh said:

3 in 1 oil?
    On a baby?

Okay, Cod liver oil.

Anyhoo, what should cheer you up is this little bundle. Totally reliant on you. Totally selfish. Time consuming.
    But beautiful.
    She's not done a poo for 3 days now. Midwives aren't worried apparently...
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    edited March 2021
    elbowloh said:

pinno said:

elbowloh said:

pinno said:

elbowloh said:

3 in 1 oil?
    On a baby?

Okay, Cod liver oil.

But beautiful.
    Unusual.

Mind you, once that master locking turd is released, you may look back wistfully at these 3 days in the future.

Seriously though. Hope all is well.

Edit. T urd is censored?

2nd edit. T urd is now OK?
  • pblakeney

elbowloh said:

pinno said:

elbowloh said:

pinno said:

elbowloh said:

3 in 1 oil?
    On a baby?

Okay, Cod liver oil.

But beautiful.
    Unusual.

Mind you, once that master locking censored is released, you may look back wistfully at these 3 days in the future.

Seriously though. Hope all is well.

Edit. T urd is censored?

2nd edit. T urd is now OK?
    You are forgetting the rule of plurals. 😉
    Turds.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,864
    elbowloh said:

pinno said:

elbowloh said:

pinno said:

elbowloh said:

3 in 1 oil?
    On a baby?

Okay, Cod liver oil.

But beautiful.
    we had that (too long ago to remember how many days) and I still remember the merriment on the docs face as he left the cubicle after inserting the suppository
  • Markall84
    Markall84 Posts: 13
    Walking outside in nice weather after 2 weeks of constant rain
  • elbowloh

elbowloh said:

pinno said:

elbowloh said:

pinno said:

elbowloh said:

3 in 1 oil?
    On a baby?

Okay, Cod liver oil.

But beautiful.
    we had that (too long ago to remember how many days) and I still remember the merriment on the docs face as he left the cubicle after inserting the suppository
    Merriment a euphemism for shoite?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    elbowloh said:

elbowloh said:

pinno said:

elbowloh said:

pinno said:

elbowloh said:

3 in 1 oil?
    On a baby?

Okay, Cod liver oil.

But beautiful.
    I don't think I ever had that but I can remember at least two occasions when it was either the carpet or catch it in my hand...
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,864
    elbowloh said:

elbowloh said:

pinno said:

elbowloh said:

pinno said:

elbowloh said:

3 in 1 oil?
    On a baby?

Okay, Cod liver oil.

But beautiful.
    lol - he was well clear by the time the explosion came