'Ning
    WFW
    Avoid plague spreaders in town
    Bike ride in the sunshine later

That's the plan anyway.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Great sleep, even my watch agreed and called it ‘excellent’

Walk hounds, work, then return van to parents and probably visit MIL, might even sneak a run in.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao!

Tired after a long day and a late finish last night, so coffee and do not a lit today.

Oh - got shortlisted for new job. UCAS application form here I come...
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • tlw1
    MattFalle said:

Don’t you mean ‘here we come’

Well done
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Bore da

Feeling better today - thanks to all the support expressed yesterday (and sorry, again, for killing the mood). Mrs GTi WFH today, me WFH with a meeting, delivering some news to ~80 year 12 higher level maths students in a special assembly then one live lesson to deliver. Sprogs will have to get their heads down today and get on with shizzle. Loads of marking planned, a run and then sleep.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,399
    tlw1 said:

Walk hounds, work, then return van to parents and probably visit MIL, might even sneak a run in.

How are your arms?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

How are your arms?
    Still sore, very odd. Thanks for asking hun
  • MattFalle
    tlw1 said:

MattFalle said:

Don’t you mean ‘here we come’

Well done
    we're going to need a new campus all to ourselves.

and grazie!
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, lovely morning,dog walked , bike at the ready I think a 50 miler is on the cards today
    Have a good day
  • seanoconn
    tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

How are your arms?
    😃 Great, you’re very welcome 👍 cool, cool, cool 😗...

So you’ll probably want to keep hold of your running shoes then?
  • MattFalle
    oh. the giro goes past my front door - as in where i park the car.

and i'm stuck here.
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

How are your arms?

Not sure tbh, can show you pictures of the blisters from last time I wore them?
  • seanoconn
    tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

How are your arms?

Not sure tbh, can show you pictures of the blisters from last time I wore them?
    Probably less the trainers fault but more the running for 24 hours!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    Can you two get a room?

MF - hang on my lovely (it's already a bit frikkin camp round here), you are 'shortlisted'.

Sunny here. What a great day to... unblock drains.
    Before or after Shorty schooling. That is the question.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

Can you two get a room?

Not got any spare because the builders have yet to finish any of the 3 ferkin rooms they have started 🤬

Once they have finished I expected the window fitters to say they can come
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    MattFalle said:

and i'm stuck here.

What a shame...

Anywho, morning from Heckshire, different route for dog walk to avoid moron woman who reckons shes reporting me to the police for having a banned dog breed (urgh). Slow day planned though, work confirmed going forward both mine and the OH's roles can be done mainly from home, which is nice only need to wander into work a few times a month which suits me. Likely they need the space now were swallowing up the Honda PU development anyways.
    That in mind were debating converting the spare room/store room/pile crap in room into an office space. OH has already gone rushing off looking for inspiration on pintrest.
    Is this the new thing, working form home as companies realise they don't need to pay out loads on office space? On the plus side works local pub is still pretty much my local pub so wont be missing out on the social side of things, My main question now is, can I blag some fancy kit from work...
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

Can you two get a room?

Not got any spare because the builders have yet to finish any of the 3 ferkin rooms they have started 🤬

Get a tent for that 'extra camp'.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

pinno said:

Can you two get a room?

Get a tent for that 'extra camp'.
    Might be a bit too intents.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    step83 said:

MattFalle said:

and i'm stuck here.

Slow day planned though, work confirmed going forward both mine and the OH's roles can be done mainly from home, which is nice only need to wander into work a few times a month which suits me. Likely they need the space now were swallowing up the Honda PU development anyways.
    That in mind were debating converting the spare room/store room/pile censored in room into an office space. OH has already gone rushing off looking for inspiration on pintrest.
    Is this the new thing, working form home as companies realise they don't need to pay out loads on office space?
    We're supposed to be going through a process to see whether we are going to be working at home or in the office in the future, which might inform some decisions on office space but being in the country bumpkin office (i.e. not London/Manchester/Birmingham) office costs are pennies so we're not expecting any change.

I think I'd prefer an office like MF's gym (even with the conduit) rather than just a room in the house so I can still "go" to work but sadly no space.

• MattFalle
    thistle_ said:

step83 said:

MattFalle said:

and i'm stuck here.

Slow day planned though, work confirmed going forward both mine and the OH's roles can be done mainly from home, which is nice only need to wander into work a few times a month which suits me. Likely they need the space now were swallowing up the Honda PU development anyways.
    That in mind were debating converting the spare room/store room/pile censored in room into an office space. OH has already gone rushing off looking for inspiration on pintrest.
    Is this the new thing, working form home as companies realise they don't need to pay out loads on office space?
    We're supposed to be going through a process to see whether we are going to be working at home or in the office in the future, which might inform some decisions on office space but being in the country bumpkin office (i.e. not London/Manchester/Birmingham) office costs are pennies so we're not expecting any change.

I think I'd prefer an office like MF's gym (even with the conduit) rather than just a room in the house so I can still "go" to work but sadly no space.

the gym has no conduit - the conduit is in the Oubliette, where the bikes and work benches are.

The gym is the lounge is the internal flat in the house.

Ne'er the two will mix.
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

Can you two get a room?

MF - hang on my lovely (it's already a bit frikkin camp round here), you are 'shortlisted'.

Sunny here. What a great day to... unblock drains.
    Before or after Shorty schooling. That is the question.

yeah. means i've almost reached the bottom of the barrel.

#studentpoverty
  • step83
    thistle_ said:

step83 said:

MattFalle said:

and i'm stuck here.

For us its not too much of a bother, ideal world would be a loft conversion, which may eventually happen but for cost wise, emptying a room is much much cheaper obviously.
    For now though were managing in various parts of the house/garden, that said shes in the spare room currently with my tablet and a virtual paint app...
  • tlw1
    step83 said:

thistle_ said:

step83 said:

MattFalle said:

and i'm stuck here.

For us its not too much of a bother, ideal world would be a loft conversion, which may eventually happen but for cost wise, emptying a room is much much cheaper obviously.
    For now though were managing in various parts of the house/garden, that said shes in the spare room currently with my tablet and a virtual paint app...
    F&B app if she is anything like the current wife
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    step83 said:

MattFalle said:

and i'm stuck here.

What a shame...

Anywho, morning from Heckshire, different route for dog walk to avoid moron woman who reckons shes reporting me to the police for having a banned dog breed (urgh).
    What sort of dog is it? My main reason for wanting lockdown over is so I don't have to listen to people making up their own bloody rules and slandering others for not following them but I forgot people do that in normal times too...

Morning all, I'm trying to halfarse some work for a guy who isn't my boss so he doesn't ask me again, but it seems to be much more involving than I had thought. Going to skive at 4 and see how much climbing I can get done before dark
  • step83
    haydenm said:

step83 said:

MattFalle said:

and i'm stuck here.

What a shame...

Anywho, morning from Heckshire, different route for dog walk to avoid moron woman who reckons shes reporting me to the police for having a banned dog breed (urgh).
    What sort of dog is it? My main reason for wanting lockdown over is so I don't have to listen to people making up their own bloody rules and slandering others for not following them but I forgot people do that in normal times too...

Morning all, I'm trying to halfarse some work for a guy who isn't my boss so he doesn't ask me again, but it seems to be much more involving than I had thought. Going to skive at 4 and see how much climbing I can get done before dark
    Dog wise, mini English Bull Terrier, think a normal English Bully but stuck on a hot wash for an hour or so, stands about 18" high but quite stocky as is the breed, think a full size one stuck in a hot wash so all the colour comes out an shrinks.

Top it off shes not been well of late so has been very timid an not liking walks anyway, so having an angry woman an small dog yapping at her doesn't help matters

TLW, noted shall let her loose with that at some point!
  • pinno
    The only danger that dog presents is to trees.
    It's daft as f**k.

Some dogs are like their owners.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    pinno said:

It's daft as f**k.

I have an extremely photogenic fox red labrador with top notch genetics. He gets so much attention from the bitches.

I can only wish...

Also, english bull terriers are cool, a mate had two of them when I was a kid and I was a big fan.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Oooh, had time to do the crossword today - some rustiness, but nice to laterally exercise the brain cells.

More @rse-sitting and rattling away about complicated-ish tax stuff to non-tax people, who have English as a second language. Such is life, it's better than having to do actual work for a living, or interact with J.Public esq.

All those bull terriers *look* dodgy. I know they aren't, and any dog that is badly owned/treated can be dangerous. I used to see a tracksuited scrote being dragged around the place on a chain by one of those hugely muscled dogs - ridgeback maybe? Lovely looking dog, but it was muzzled, so I assume it was given to eating small children and other pets.
  • MattFalle
    oxoman said:

Afternoon All, actually managed a nice ride for a change with no near misses. Thrashed youngest into submission over his how schooling and eldest is pushing me to motivate him fitness wise as he's applied to the royal navy for engineering. Got through the first hurdle a few more to go. They're quite keen on him joining as soon as he's completed his apprenticeship and passed the other hurdles.

sweeeet choice. fingers crossed.

lots of specific fitness stuff on their website or I can pm you links from my lot if you want.
  • step83
    edited February 2021
    pinno said:

It's daft as f**k.

Poorly dozy mare at the moment, waiting on some tests to come back, shes not been right for a bit hoping its not a kidney issue. She still enjoys a good tree to drag home but gets very tired very quickly.

Soppy an daft as anything when shes well though. if shes pulling on the lead its usually for a tree or she wants to say hello to someone.