wednesday as i pour more petrol on, i feel no fear

'ning

ride, cafe, subvert for or with the state, later lazing, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    Today's main task is going to be avoiding the rain.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, fine , windy, mild, busy day again, last one for a couple of weeks though
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Shoot sleep and woke up with random pain in my arms, only thing I can think off is moving really heavy crap at the weekend, but rather delayed!

Long work rather than run and so longer run later
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    tlw1 said:

Shoot sleep and woke up with random pain in my arms, only thing I can think off is moving really heavy censored at the weekend, but rather delayed!

Don’t wish to alarm but quick google search shows you might random pain in the arm death disease and should consult your local MF immediately.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, clear blue skys, was windy but suddenly decided to not be windy, not that I'm complaining.

Hound walked dealt with angry randomer claiming I have a banned vicious breed (this while their Jack Russel was barking an pulling on its lead.

Now onto important things like grinding coffee, making coffee an working, though my laptop is being a little special today an keeps freezing for some reason known only to itself.

TLW, keep an eye on that, an if MF attends make sure they use the premium hello kitty plasters.
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

Shoot sleep and woke up with random pain in my arms, only thing I can think off is moving really heavy censored at the weekend, but rather delayed!

Don’t wish to alarm but quick google search shows you might random pain in the arm death disease and should consult your local MF immediately.
    Feck!

• ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    If Dr Sean is correct, can I have your bike?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149

Don't be greedy, there's enough for everyone.

Off out this afternoon to get my anti-death jab so I don't end up like TLW and bequeathing all my bikes to a bunch of randoms on the Internet. Bit of work to do in between.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    edited February 2021
    tlw1 said:

Isn't pain in the arm a symptom of a heart attack?
    You should ring the nearest MF immediately.

• Ning, kids organised, breakfast had, some work to do, then interviews, then bike ride.
  • tlw1
    thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

Isn't pain in the arm a symptom of a heart attack?
    You should ring the nearest MF immediately.

I’ve asked a couple of them to come round (that way I can get a 2nd opinion at the same time)

More importantly, looks like Friday night TTS start soon! Doubt the wife will watch until pub gardens are open though
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195

Can I have the brake blocks?

Wind has dropped (a little) and it's not raining though the sky is 50 shades of grey.

Have you warmed up yet SG? I find petrol doesn't last long. I prefer logs personally.

Todays keyboard shortcut is: alt 0220
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318

I’ll have his fully stocked bar and running gear. Size ten shoes 🤞
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning. Unfortunately I won't be taking any of the free stuff on account of me being a midget, unless he has a nice car? I have a spare booster seat.

Grey here, more rain forecast. Was considering getting out on the bike but I'll give it a miss today as my knees are sore. I have drastically upped my cycling since Christmas with no run up :smile:
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

I’ll have his fully stocked bar and running gear. Size ten shoes 🤞
    A new pair of hoka speedgoats ok?

Hayden - unicycle or the rear of the random tandom ok?

pinno - thought you would want the masters to take off all of that carbon stuff
  • pinno
    edited February 2021
    tlw1 said:

I have carbon stuff on my carbon C40.
    Even carbon pedals and a carbon seat post. So there.
    haydenm said:

...I won't be taking any of the free stuff on account of me being a midget, unless he has a nice car?

Underpants + clothes pegs to take up the slack. Alternatively, MF has a range of different sizes of Hello kitty plasters.

[The nice car got ditched by wifey. The Turkey was last seen looking happy whilst going through the Panama canal.]

• tlw1
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Even carbon pedals. So there.
    haydenm said:

...I won't be taking any of the free stuff on account of me being a midget, unless he has a nice car?

Underpants + clothes pegs.

[The nice car got ditched by wifey. The Turkey was last seen looking happy whilst going through the Panama canal.]

Nice car is back and having new boots fitted today (Michelin all seasons for those with a rubber fetish)
  • thistle_
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

haydenm said:

Nice car is back and having new boots fitted today (Michelin all seasons for those with a rubber fetish)
    Do they make the car amphibious?

• johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Messed up one remote lesson by giving students the wrong time so now need to plan something to fix that. Managing two kids doing remote learning. Also trying to manage Mrs GTi's response to a properly cr@ppy day at work where I think she has a good case for a workplace bullying complaint and then catch up with my own work. Just another 15 years of work then I can retire. Stress? Nah.

(Sorry)
  • pinno
    johngti said:

Also trying to manage Mrs GTi's response to a properly cr@ppy day at work where I think she has a good case for a workplace bullying complaint...

Give us the name of this bully and detectives Stevo, Bally and I will have some fun.

• pinno
    edited February 2021
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

haydenm said:

I have 4 x Michelin pilot sport waiting for fitment. Left them at the friendly local tyre coy. 5 weeks ago. Sniff.
  • tlw1
    thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

haydenm said:

Do they make the car amphibious?

She won’t drive my car anymore 😂😎
  • tlw1
    johngti said:

Messed up one remote lesson by giving students the wrong time so now need to plan something to fix that. Managing two kids doing remote learning. Also trying to manage Mrs GTi's response to a properly cr@ppy day at work where I think she has a good case for a workplace bullying complaint and then catch up with my own work. Just another 15 years of work then I can retire. Stress? Nah.

(Sorry)

Great place to rant here, go for it
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    pinno said:

johngti said:

Also trying to manage Mrs GTi's response to a properly cr@ppy day at work where I think she has a good case for a workplace bullying complaint...

Give us the name of this bully and detectives Stevo, Bally and I will have some fun.

It's one of the deputy heads at the school she works at (not mine!). She works as a data and admissions assistant and an example of one of the things that she's been asked to take on is to analyse the MIS data that gets put in. So spreadsheet work basically, complicated by the way he changes what he wants in the analysis every time he asks for it. You can imagine that in a big school, where every student is taking 10 or 11 subjects, that's a pretty big spreadsheet.

So she does her best with it, sends it on to him for checking and then hears nothing because he's too lazy to look at it properly.

Then it becomes important so he presents the data at a meeting or uses it in some other way, only then discovers a mistake by which time its all her fault for getting it wrong.

She's paid peanuts, lower than the income tax allowance, so is literally an assistant who isn't paid enough to take responsibility for anything other than turning up in the mornings and working her hours. He's on £65k+ and clearly has no idea on how to manage anyone since his technique seems to be to make her feel as small and stupid as possible. Which she now does and was ready to walk out.
  • Stupid busy days.

Back into town today to have the loop recorder removed - pretty sure it was a waste of time but you never know, find out next week. Stitches out of hole in my back and result was all clear from pathology at least. Ordered new tiles. Dealt with plumber to sort out water tank overflow and associated pipework.

Car is playing up - electronic weirdness. I just ignore the messages now.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Todays highlight will be a trip to the collect+ place to drop off a wiggle return.

Might run later, I feel I need to up my game.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thistle_

Turn it off and on again, just not while you're trying to pull out of a junction onto a main road :blush:

• thistle_ said:

Turn it off and on again, just not while you're trying to pull out of a junction onto a main road :blush:

Done that lots.. no luck. So far...

Bluetooth connection died long ago
    CD stacker no longer works
    Remote Central locking failed, but seems that's linked to an iffy electric release switch on rear glass hatch on tailgate.
    Think the rear air suspension has a tiny leak as the self-levelling kicks in at odd times when parked up. This causes battery drain and it switches off stuff to compensate.
    Active steering is giving a new message, but can be ignored. Just means indicators don't self-cancel and steering wheel is off centre.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • tlw1

thistle_ said:

Done that lots.. no luck. So far...

Bluetooth connection died long ago
    CD stacker no longer works
    Remote Central locking failed, but seems that's linked to an iffy electric release switch on rear glass hatch on tailgate.
    Think the rear air suspension has a tiny leak as the self-levelling kicks in at odd times when parked up. This causes battery drain and it switches off stuff to compensate.
    Active steering is giving a new message, but can be ignored. Just means indicators don't self-cancel and steering wheel is off centre.

Sounds like my wife had the car before you
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

haydenm said:

Nice car is back
    I thought it was a BMW?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]