Advice on a replacement BB

I have a Colnago with the threadfit system. The BB is ready for replacement, I’m a bit torn on which way to go. I could get the CeramicSpeed T45 which is designed for the shell (questionable benefits on drag I know, but should fit well). Or a Hope technology screw together job that fits into the Colnago adapter cups.
Anyone got any experience or advice on either of these options?
Thanks.

Comments

• david37
    david37 Posts: 1,313
    pimping with ceramic speed is cool.

but a waste of money.
  • i.bhamra
    i.bhamra Posts: 304
    Have only ever used the Hope version for PF-30 BB with hollowtech cranks, was beautifully machined, fit well and has lasted many years without issue. It wasn't cheap as far as BB's go but still cheap enough for me to agree with david37 that ceramic one is very cool but also a waste of money
  • Thanks all. I’m sure you’re all right. It wasn’t really the ceramic part that I was attracted to (I do think this is mostly marketing gumpf)- it’s more about the way it integrates with the frame. What I’d really like is a stainless version of the T45 bottom bracket- but you can’t have everything I suppose. Still not sure what to do...
  • david37
    siddy1972 said:

Thanks all. I’m sure you’re all right. It wasn’t really the ceramic part that I was attracted to (I do think this is mostly marketing gumpf)- it’s more about the way it integrates with the frame. What I’d really like is a stainless version of the T45 bottom bracket- but you can’t have everything I suppose. Still not sure what to do...

My experience with WheelsMFG has been excellent. I probably fitted a dozen or more last year and not one has come back. my personal experience of using them has been great too. Dead easy to fit, creak free and when the time comes to replace the bearings it's dead easy.

• mazwmb
    mazwmb Posts: 22
    david37 said:

My experience with WheelsMFG has been excellent. I probably fitted a dozen or more last year and not one has come back. my personal experience of using them has been great too. Dead easy to fit, creak free and when the time comes to replace the bearings it's dead easy.

Are you supposed to fit the small washer that fits in the recess on the non drive crank (Shimano)?
  • david37
    mazwmb said:

david37 said:

Are you supposed to fit the small washer that fits in the recess on the non drive crank (Shimano)?
    ? there's a dust seal and there are some small spacers incase you need them.

• mazwmb
    mazwmb Posts: 22
    edited March 2021
    david37 said:

mazwmb said:

david37 said:

? there's a dust seal and there are some small spacers incase you need them.

The one that came with the original Shimano cranks.
    https://bicycles.stackexchange.com/questions/58822/which-way-does-this-ring-go-on-the-left-crank-of-this-shimano-deore-hollow-tech
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Get the one that will fit your bike and not the one of your dreams.