Sunday's search for plutonium in the Himalayan glaciers

Can't sleep.
Nothing planned for today other than Pilates mid morning.
Hopefully the weather's drier so can get out for a ride or walk (or both).

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Reasonable run and then picking up wood from parents and keeping busy until cider time
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    'ning

ride coffee cake lazing and bubbly lead to the heat death of the universe, bring it on
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, dog walked,the winds dropped, the roads are dry, early ride , relax this afternoon with some cycling on tv
    Have a good day
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

dry here so family stuff. final touches on bike that i've sold and family stuff, no chance of riding, zwifting or weights today....
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    Tired. Stayed up watching stuff a bit late last night so will, try to wake myself up properly with a bit of fresh air shortly.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Bit more chainsaw action vs The Conifers to come later this morning. Daughter has decided that as she and most of her neighbours are WFH making noise at the weekends is the better option. Strange times. But no tip queuing, lesson learned the hard way.

Right, caffeine #2 and get organised.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Wind has dropped and it is sunny!
    Got carried away on the rollers yesterday and over cooked it so I shall be ambling around doing domestic chores and eating too much.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Bike ride outside done. Very glad I didn’t sell the best bike. Work to do soon. Build some family activity in if only to drag the boys away from the PlayStation
  • pinno
    johngti said:

Bike ride outside done. Very glad I didn’t sell the best bike. Work to do soon. Build some family activity in if only to drag the boys away from the PlayStation

You'll have to explain the correlation between bike and teeth to me ('cos I missed something and i'm thick).
  • Decided that the best way to ruin a Sunday was to spend it ripping up floor tiles with a rotary hammer. Filthy job, and for reasons unknown there were a few patches that were *really* stuck down well...

Power tool died just before we'd finished the last couple for the day, probably motor brushes burned out. Just as well - my hands are wrecked.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    pinno said:

johngti said:

You'll have to explain the correlation between bike and teeth to me ('cos I missed something and i'm thick).
    Sell the bike = money is there to pay for the teeth
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Walk on the Narnia Trail this morning, then some DIY whilst boy was knapping. Just been playing in the garden for an hour! Good lazy day with a tiny bit of graft.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Plans changed. Daughter complaining of raxed back after yesterday's efforts, kidz eh, cannae keep up with the hard graft, so Conifer Wars part deux postponed. Went for a bike ride instead. Needed it; checking back wot wiv past weather 'n' stuff, log shows only 4 rides so far this month. No wonder legs are now moaning a bit.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Evening folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed, pottering the rest of the day.
    Keeping the bike definitely the right decision Mr GTI. A liquidiser should be cheaper than the dentist if that helps
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Evening, nice bumble today on the new tyres, bit damp to start but makes a change not to be freezing cold.

Duck pancakes for dinner and a beer because reasons. Dabbling with some vodka I found hiding in the cupboard, least I think it's vodka an not drain cleaner I can never tell.

Anywho random pedal device photo as I like the look of it on smaller wheels an tan walls, an yes I drove to the supermarket an rode from there, then did the shopping, I say supermarket, it's just the local co op but sod carrying the shopping back to the other end of the village

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    For the car geeks, an e type lightweight engine....... currently being restored

• pinno
    3 Stromberg's - that's gorgeous.
    An old boy my dad new in Oxford (when he was at Jaguar) used to tune those things somewhere in the sticks where it was quiet, by ear.
  • pinno
    step83 said:

Evening, nice bumble today on the new tyres, bit damp to start but makes a change not to be freezing cold.

Duck pancakes for dinner and a beer because reasons. Dabbling with some vodka I found hiding in the cupboard, least I think it's vodka an not drain cleaner I can never tell.

Anywho random pedal device photo as I like the look of it on smaller wheels an tan walls, an yes I drove to the supermarket an rode from there, then did the shopping, I say supermarket, it's just the local co op but sod carrying the shopping back to the other end of the village

Is that a sort of gravel/tarmac job?

(the pi$$rat started then!)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    pinno said:

An old boy my dad new in Oxford (when he was at Jaguar) used to tune those things somewhere in the sticks where it was quiet, by ear.

SUs, Strombergs are dumpier
  • pinno

pinno said:

SUs, Strombergs are dumpier
    Well, you would know being a supplier?

To think I gave away twin SU's for a mini once upon a time.
  • Mate had an E Type, 4.2L ‘68 or 69 model (series 1 and a half?) I handed him spanners while he rebuilt it. Had a block and tackle in the garage to lift the motor out, and couldn’t understand why it wasn’t moving... looked up and roof truss was bending down instead... 😀

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    pinno said:

step83 said:

Is that a sort of gravel/tarmac job?

(the pi$$rat started then!)
    Yeah kind of, panaracer gravelking SKs so they roll well an have enough bite for light trail work plus fat enough not to sink in the sand come summer. Rides nice being about to run mid 30s psi on road is great for taking thexsting out of potholes etc, plus it rolls fast enough to keep up with clubbies.

An yes managed to fire it up, I added a short battery extension with some Anderson connectors, dam thing can't go flat if it's not connected! I should really sit down an work out what's drawing.