'ning

first of a few dry days according to the met office

ride much, cafes, cakes, lazing, quaffing bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    edited February 2021
    Rest week long run means only 3 hrs today 🙄 then unload the book cases and books into the garage whilst we wait for the builders to just finish and feck off

Need to spend a couple of hrs cutting and stacking wood because as I’ve got the van I might as well pick some more logs up from my parents

Then well deserved cider
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, wet, windy , typical weekend weather, hopefully I will get out for a ride later.
    A couple of additional sockets to install in the garage first thing,
    Have a good weekend
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    Nothing planned for today.
    Zoom weights class doesn't seem to be happening this morning.
    Forecast is for rain all day too. Might resort to zwift/rgt.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Another day of rain before it brightens up (so they say).
    Another indoor ride. Yipee.

Wots 'rgt'?

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

Wots 'rgt'?

https://www.rgtcycling.com/
    Like Zwift but meant to be more realistic, but I'm not convinced. It's half the price though.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Morning. Going for a walk in a bit. Was still painting the bathroom at 11 pm last night.

Assembling a cot, child's chest of drawers and child wardrobe later, then start on the tiling.

What a weekend!
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • elbowloh
    thistle_ said:

'Ning

Is that like Track and Field or Daley Thomson's Decathlon on the Amstrad CPC464 with just lots of button mashing?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • thistle_
    elbowloh said:

thistle_ said:

'Ning

Is that like Track and Field or Daley Thomson's Decathlon on the Amstrad CPC464 with just lots of button mashing?
    Dancing around kitchen while on a video call.

Class was on in the end. Some people need to be more aware of where there camera is pointing while they're doing squats and lunges.
  • tlw1
    Think one of my Strava buddy’s is taking the hiss out of me with a comment of ‘gnarly dude’ 😂
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

lovely 60k this morning - v windy but at least it was dry, some nice coffee, lovely company and a catch up with someone I haven't seen in ages.

now sitting in a car park.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    elbowloh said:

thistle_ said:

'Ning

Spectrum + here.

mash mash mash mash mash mash space bar!
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • thistle_
    tlw1 said:

Think one of my Strava buddy’s is taking the hiss out of me with a comment of ‘gnarly dude’ 😂

What a cock
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    For Bally and Seano's benefit it's a sunny 15C down here in the 'burbs. So been out for some fresh air with hounds in tow: will be acquiring supplies later and going the long way round.

Got some pics from the people who bought my folks house up in the NE this morning. They've really gone to town and completely refurbished most of it. Was needed tbh.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

What a censored
    😂
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Late afternoon the house is hot
    I started I jumped up
    Everyone hates a sad professor
    I hate where I wound up

J/k
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed. Walked to the old dear's to help out with a couple of things, very warm for the time of year. Was a little sweaty even in t shirt and jeans. Lots of people but no wombles

Much misbehaviour on this particular patch of common in years gone by

thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

What a censored
    I wonder who it could have been
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Crackered. Round #1 of the Purge of the Barsteward Overgrown Conifers hedge as starter in daughter's garden redesign project. Conifers 0 - 4 Me. Bleepin' hard work as so big and so intertwined. Climax of day was the near 1 hour wait to drop off first load of debris at the recycling centre aka tip. Bad plan to go there at the weekend.

So couple or more of beers await, first poured, then easy life, have a pizza 'n' slaw.

Round #2 tomorrow.
  • thistle_
    orraloon said:

Climax of day was the near 1 hour wait to drop off first load of debris at the recycling centre aka tip. Bad plan to go there at the weekend.

One of ours has an online booking system, because there were so many cars queuing up on the road to get in and apparently it works pretty well.
    The others are a bit of a free for all so we go at lunchtime, get a sandwich from the nearby garage and eat it while it in queue :wink:
  • thistle_
    Top tip for @pinno if he's still waiting for an appointment:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-56138699
  • pinno
    Top tip that one Thistle.
    Now where did I put my wig...

Stevo - can you lend me one of your wigs?
    Ta.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    thistle_ said:

orraloon said:

Climax of day was the near 1 hour wait to drop off first load of debris at the recycling centre aka tip. Bad plan to go there at the weekend.

One of ours has an online booking system, because there were so many cars queuing up on the road to get in and apparently it works pretty well.
    The others are a bit of a free for all so we go at lunchtime, get a sandwich from the nearby garage and eat it while it in queue :wink:
    Yeah. Good when you know the score ahead of rolling up and going oh xxxx. Got there about 10 to 4, closes at 5. Spoke with one of the guys when finally got to offload bay, he said normally by 4.30 it's all gone quiet but today had been bedlam all day. Maybe the warmer temps drew people outside; what shall we do? Let's go to the tip.

Ain't taking a load tomorrow, screw that. Will leave it until Monday, weekdays hopefully more normal.
  • elbowloh
    7 hours of fecking DIY today, then discovered cat piss all over the conservatory floor. I've had enough of these sodding cats.

No beer in the house and I can't be arsed to cook.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Ta.

You don't need to impersonate a geriatric...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Stevo_666 said:

For Bally and Seano's benefit it's a sunny 15C down here in the 'burbs. So been out for some fresh air with hounds in tow: will be acquiring supplies later and going the long way round.

Got some pics from the people who bought my folks house up in the NE this morning. They've really gone to town and completely refurbished most of it. Was needed tbh.

Sorry Stevo, I prefer to get my weather forecast from the Mexican weather girls.
    It's not very accurate for the West Mids but who gives a fuckk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqM6dZa6gbo&ab_channel=NickiSwift
  • pinno
    Scorchio!
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Ta.

Did you find it unnecessary?
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Sorry Stevo, I prefer to get my weather forecast from the Mexican weather girls.
    It's not very accurate for the West Mids but who gives a fuckk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqM6dZa6gbo&ab_channel=NickiSwift
    The Mexican forecast will do for me too.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Ta.

Did you find it unnecessary?
    Just moved up a category last week so shouldn't be too long.