Thursday - Heineken, schemeineken... champagne

Rain now, great innit?

What glorious things can I do tomorrow today?

Where are they now? @seanoconn, @Flaneur, @BelgianBeerGeek, @arran77, @FranktheTank, @Yossie, @cody*

*:)
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, raining here as well, early start this morning, busy day again
    Have a good day
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    pinno said:
    Probably in bed @12.30
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Sounds loverly out there, think I will walk hounds then go for a run on the roads rather than the mud fest off-road.

Work stuff then drinking as today is my Friday 😎 - first drink of the week too 😳, though it was close yesterday, saved by running for 2.5hrs
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    Day off
    Exam to do first thing
    Will go out later when it dries up a bit, not decided whether on foot or on wheels yet.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    'ning

dry now, more rain on the way

ride and cafes, much webexing, compensate with diversional multi-dimensional thing later, bubbly i think
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    edited February 2021
    pinno said:

Rain now, great innit?

Where are they now? @seanoconn, @Flaneur, @BelgianBeerGeek, @arran77, @FranktheTank, @Yossie, @cody*

Hi. Sorry, I was using my weather app rather than the daily thread.

Flaneur, I’m guessing his OH got her claws in him once she moved in “stop wearing pink over shoes and hanging out with those guys you met on the internet.”

arran, bless his cotton socks. He was spending an unhealthy amount of time on the forum so fair enough.

Frank the tank. Cake stopper, pretty old so possibly dead?

Belgian beer geek, thought he was still about?

Yossie, locked in the stationary cupboard in the mods office, poor b@gger 😔
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

Rain, rain, rain, rain. And cold.

Bit tired, so will quaff coffee. Couple of jobs to do but nothing too exciting tbh.

Yup - Yossie is still getting a lecture from the Mods. Its been a while but its still going on....
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    edited February 2021
    seanoconn said:

Does that lovely Lucy Verasamy with the lovely baps post there?

Well?... [Rolls eyes, puts tongue in cheek, crosses arms and looks around the room, taps foot on floor].

• pinno
    edited February 2021
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    May be waiting some time there...

Morning from Soggy Heckshire, nice calm morning chucked some apple wood in the burner for some nice cracking, coffee is a go with nice calm piano music playing.
    All ready for the mayhem of later of the NASA landing, work meetings and deciding who we can chuck over to another new part of the company they are hinting about.

NASA wise, will its make it?
  • pinno
    I hope it crashes and burns.

Speaking of Applewood, have you tried smoked Applewood cheese? ...or Oak smoked cheddar?

The stuff of gods.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Does that lovely Lucy Verasamy with the lovely baps post there?

Well?... [Rolls eyes, puts tongue in cheek, crosses arms and looks around the room, taps foot on floor].

Lovely baps? she’s a little thin for that. She is lovely though.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

Speaking of Applewood, have you tried smoked Applewood cheese? ...or

Yeah, on the pancakes the other day.
    I think it worked well because it has quite a sweet flavour.
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

Rain now, great innit?

Just looked up some of those missing in action.

Latest posts seemed to be in a thread where someone wanted BB cancelled but Cake Stop was where all the flaming/trolling/going too far was happening. How things change.

Oh, and a thread someone started about steaming your underwear when you iron it.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    pinno said:

Speaking of Applewood, have you tried smoked Applewood cheese? ...or Oak smoked cheddar?

The stuff of gods.

I have had smoked applewood cheese which is indeed amazing. I think theres a place local to me that was pre covid doing local cheeses at the monthly market, may see if they are selling online.
  • pinno
    Where is our resident gastronome @hopkinb, after all, I bet he's bound to have indepth cheese knowledge?

Oh hang on, he's having to work extra 'cos of promotion and house extension.

You see Thistle - there was a time when shirking work to save energy for drink and cycling was Lauded. Now, it's like Handsworth local parish council "...ooh, you can't post the day's thread unless you have slept, don't you know... wfh...wfw... doing shifts, bollox bollox... tax returns... more bollox bollox".
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    pinno said:

...it's like Handsworth local parish council...

Handforth council? Reckon Handsworth could be more inner city riot than a bunch of gammons bickering.

Wait for it to dry up, rain has stopped at last, then off to do some measurements etc to get started on garden renovation project for daughter rather than just talking / prevaricating. Seasons changing, will involve removing overgrown hedge conifers so need to action before nesting season.
  • tlw1
    orraloon said:

pinno said:

...it's like Handsworth local parish council...

Handforth council? Reckon Handsworth could be more inner city riot than a bunch of gammons bickering.

Wait for it to dry up, rain has stopped at last, then off to do some measurements etc to get started on garden renovation project for daughter rather than just talking / prevaricating. Seasons changing, will involve removing overgrown hedge conifers so need to action before nesting season.
    I know the little feathers don’t half block up the hedge trimmers air filter
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Hello. Made the decision to not sell my trek, I’d never replace it. I realise this isn’t all that important to anyone but me but whaddyagonnado? Who needs teeth anyway?

Work and run later. Marking coursework is a massive drag!
  • Work today, zwift later.
    Gearing up for a 97% off road 10 mile run on Saturday, I'll be having a gin and tonic and a soak in the sex bath when I get home to sooth the legs.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

Work today, zwift later.
    Gearing up for a 97% off road 10 mile run on Saturday, I'll be having a gin and tonic and a soak in the sex bath when I get home to sooth the legs.

mf reckons that a large g & t may be useful before that as well .....
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • tlw1
    MattFalle said:

Work today, zwift later.

mf reckons that a large g & t may be useful before that as well .....
    And during
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    pinno said:

Where is our resident gastronome @hopkinb, after all, I bet he's bound to have indepth cheese knowledge?

Oh hang on, he's having to work extra 'cos of promotion and house extension.

You see Thistle - there was a time when shirking work to save energy for drink and cycling was Lauded. Now, it's like Handsworth local parish council "...ooh, you can't post the day's thread unless you have slept, don't you know... wfh...wfw... doing shifts, bollox bollox... tax returns... more bollox bollox".

You're still a bloody cheat ;) Even sungod doesn't get up by the times you post and I suspect he an android with an internal clock set several hours ahead of us.

Just come up for air after far too many back to back 'Teams' meetings. Resisted the temptation to punch anyone, which would have been tricky as I would have bust the screen on my laptop. Exercise and cider this evening, in that order.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    I just did 8.00 to 14:00 back to back. Christ alive. I could eat my own arm.
  • hopkinb
    Not smoked cheese though. Tried it, don't like it. I'll eat the stinkiest, runniest washed rind cheese, all the blues, even goat's cheese. Not smoked though.
  • I used buy applewood smoked 20 years ago alongside some Norwegian jarlesburg. OK in a sausage sarnie I suppose but rather have a gin and tonic. Did someone say gin? Good idea...
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    hopkinb said:

Not smoked cheese though. Tried it, don't like it. I'll eat the stinkiest, runniest washed rind cheese, all the blues, even goat's cheese. Not smoked though.

Not even those little sausage-like Austrian smoked cheeses you use to the get in the Happy Shopper round the back of the halls when you were in the 1st year of uni, living off beans on toast and said cheese? Oh no, that was me.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • thistle_
    Went for a quite nice run this morning once the rain stopped. Got some shopping then walked back the more scenic way. Achilles is screaming so no way was i running back as well.

Stopped to chat to an old couple who were out picking up all the rubbish off the mountain road from all the scum that keep visiting the place.
  • hopkinb
    elbowloh said:

hopkinb said:

Not even those little sausage-like Austrian smoked cheeses you use to the get in the Happy Shopper round the back of the halls when you were in the 1st year of uni, living off beans on toast and said cheese? Oh no, that was me.
    I was in a catered hall. Best decision I ever made, as there were a guaranteed 3 nutritious meals per day. Very useful, as I played rugby quite seriously then.

Nowt for Sunday dinnertime though.

I used to just get a happy shopper block of "cheddar style" cheese and grate the whole block into one of those pasta with mushroom sauce packets that you added boiling water to. That, or a large bag of chips for 70p.

After 2 further years of subsisting on bulk-bought oatmeal, white bread, packet soup and what I could pilfer from the fridge belonging to my wealthier housemates, I must have been malnourished.
  • hopkinb
    thistle_ said:

Stopped to chat to an old couple who were out picking up all the rubbish off the mountain road from all the scum that keep visiting the place.

There're a load of lovely community minded people like this. Me and mini just went for a walk on the common, and there was an old woman with a bin liner picking up all the shyte that people dropped in a twenty foot radius round the bin. We helped her finish off the job. She said most people just ignore her.