Wednesday - reminds me of when I told Litvinenko to have the Earl Grey

Meh. Doesn't feel mild with this chilly wind.

Doesn't look like Shorty or Tricky will be back to school until the 2nd week in March, maybe...

Shorty is not a happy bunny. Any Shorty encouragement welcome.
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, wet and windy again
    Tigger walked , breakfast cereal being consumed as I type
    Busy day
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Walk hounds with a flask of Earl grey, work stuff, run with intervals. Try to avoid ale as tonight’s is the wife’s Friday
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    edited February 2021
    At least shorty's got another 4 weeks to annoy dad :smiley:
    Can't think of anything more encouraging sorry, next door's daughter is the same although their son said he hates school and he doesn't ever want to go back.

Cool and breezy today.
    WFH
    Bike ride at lunchtime if it doesn't rain this time.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    'ning

still threat of soggy

ride and cafes, much webexing, followed by a reviving bubbly or several
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Morning campers.

Dentist in half an hour, need to get a bridge looked at after being head butted a few days ago and ending up with it feeling loose. Could be expensive, hopefully not “need to sell a bike” expensive.

@pinno - we’re living through history. At some point in the future, shorty’s experiences will be discussed in schools so make some positive memories of it. Remember how it feels so that in 30 years time, they can tell kids what it was like during the great lockdowns of 2020 and 2021. Keep a scrapbook, write a diary, record the way that society reacted. It’s a big deal!

Of course, both GTi boys will remember the period as an opportunity to put decent shifts in on the PS4 and switch...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    johngti said:

...record the way that society reacted... (*1)
    Of course, both GTi boys will remember the period as an opportunity to put decent shifts in on the PS4 and switch...(*2)

1.Steady - she's 8.

2. She has killed Sonic Generations to death and murderised it.

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • johngti
    pinno said:

johngti said:

...record the way that society reacted... (*1)
    Of course, both GTi boys will remember the period as an opportunity to put decent shifts in on the PS4 and switch...(*2)

1.Steady - she's 8.

2. She has killed Sonic Generations to death and murderised it.

😉 same as my youngest. Can barely get him to do anything but the scrapbook idea still works. Might take my own advice there, little project for the two of them (although the 13yo has had loads of remote learning to do so...)
  • Memories of the great lockdown of 20/21? I'd rather banish those to the back of my memory forever.

Pre work Zwift, not enough breakfast and a desk full of stuff. It isn't good.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    I reckon Shorty should amuse herself by annoying the living cr@pp out of her Dad.

Currently on a boring call listening in. Coffee has nearly run out and I'm getting hungry....
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • johngti
    Dentist was fun. My hope for no need to sell a bike appear to be dashed. Good day innit.
  • Stevo_666
    johngti said:

Dentist was fun. My hope for no need to sell a bike appear to be dashed. Good day innit.

That sucks John. I know what you mean about dental expenses but its got to be done...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    johngti said:

At least you will have the space to buy a new bike when funds allow.
  • Stevo_666
    thistle_ said:

johngti said:

Good work for putting a positive spin on it.
  • johngti
    thistle_ said:

johngti said:

Thanks for trying! Unlikely to replace this one given how prices have gone lately. Trek domane, di2, hand built wheels. Bells and whistles.

Best get some pictures done and get it advertised I guess.
  • tlw1
    johngti said:

thistle_ said:

johngti said:

Thanks for trying! Unlikely to replace this one given how prices have gone lately. Trek domane, di2, hand built wheels. Bells and whistles.

Best get some pictures done and get it advertised I guess.
    😢
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Busy day again, still at home but decamping to the old dear's soon. Ouch, sorry to hear that Mr GTi. I just had a text from the quacks and am getting stabbed in the arm on Friday. Does it just improve 5G signal or will my wifi improve too?
    I don't believe TLW, he doesn't have a liver so the scan isn't his.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Wife's just been booked in to be induced on the 1st March.

This sh!t's about to get real.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • johngti
    elbowloh said:

Wife's just been booked in to be induced on the 1st March.

This sh!t's about to get real.

Exciting times!!
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Awesome!

Morning all, up in Perth today after spending 5 hours in Quickfit yesterday. Quickfit are not quick. The OH violently crashed my car into a pothole on the weekend and the side wall bubbled up (I didn't mention the ones I hit last week).
  • elbowloh
    haydenm said:

Awesome!

Morning all, up in Perth today after spending 5 hours in Quickfit yesterday. Quickfit are not quick. The OH violently crashed my car into a pothole on the weekend and the side wall bubbled up (I didn't mention the ones I hit last week).

Perth, Australia or Perth, Scotland?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    elbowloh said:

haydenm said:

Awesome!

Perth, Scotland unfortunately. I do roughly 2 days a week here for my new job. Bit less exciting than Australia and there was significantly more snow here last week than Perth, Aus...
  • thistle_
    johngti said:

thistle_ said:

johngti said:

Good time to sell a bike.
    "Grab a bargain ready for lockdown ending and the spring sunshine"

• elbowloh
    haydenm said:

elbowloh said:

haydenm said:

Awesome!

Perth, Scotland unfortunately. I do roughly 2 days a week here for my new job. Bit less exciting than Australia and there was significantly more snow here last week than Perth, Aus...
    Congrats on the new job, shame about not being Perth, Aus.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pinno
    haydenm said:

Awesome!

You need a nice, fast car to go up and down the road...
  • pinno
    sungod said:

She's been going on non stop about a kitten, Problem is... Jack might not be too impressed and kitten might be on the menu.
    (I've seen him with a harmless, friendly dog).
  • pinno

...just had a text from the quacks and am getting stabbed in the arm on Friday.

I'm not happy. No word for me.

• tlw1
    pinno said:

...just had a text from the quacks and am getting stabbed in the arm on Friday.

I'm not happy. No word for me.

Grumpy?
  • pinno
    Very.