Sunday, When the nights in the morning sky

Morning, bitter cold with that wind chill, don’t think i will be going out on the bike today , tigger walked, a couple of little jobs to do, giving the bike a good clean as well.
Have a good day

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    'ning

smidge less cold

ride, loiter at cafe for coffee and a cake, a most sticky cake, another cafe, laze, doubly bubbly
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Couple of hours run followed by a few jobs then moving MIL stuff to her new house.

Later more bubble and cider
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    edited February 2021
    It is soooo cold and soooo windy.

For once, if bambino says its too cold to go to tennis, inwardly I will agree with him.

Outwardly, I shall show no weakness though.....
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    Warm this morning (2 degrees is warmer than -5) but overcast and damp.
    Pilates done. Might do some zwift later if I get bored.

Does anyone know about upvc door seals?
    Do you just need one the right thickness and that fits in the hole?
    Can't find one online that's even close to the current ones which are letting a draught in.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    thistle_ said:

There's a lot going on in a UPVC door. There are catches that pull the door in as you close the handle.
    All the apparatus to pull the door against the seal can get worn. But it is not expensive to replace/adjust.
    Chucking in a different seal may cure the problem but it may make it worse.

I would leave this to those who do this for a living.
    Unless your door is very old or warped, it won't need replacing.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Hola.

4dp test before lunch. Bit more r+r before it, then getting some rubbish sorted for a trip to the dump on Monday. Adulthood sucks.
  • pinno
    Yesterday:

Today:

It was very windy and brutally cold so the girls weren't really up for it but had fun with Jack - he liked trying to swipe snowballs out of the air and he spent 10 mins digging many holes in the snow. I thought he was doing ablutions at first but I think he was trying to find the ground. "It was here yesterday..."

Now miserable, wet, dark and grey. I feel robbed - 1 day of bright, white. 1 day. 1 frikkin day. B@stards, b@stards, b@stards.
  • MattFalle
    johngti said:

Hola.

4dp test before lunch. Bit more r+r before it, then getting some rubbish sorted for a trip to the dump on Monday. Adulthood sucks.

whats 4dp dude?
  • pinno
    I only bother with adult hood when I have to.
  • sungod
    windy, pond at the top of mount hampstead still frozen, squirrels were out skating

haiku...

no ducks on the pond
    cake was indeed most sticky
    chicken baguette soon
  • MattFalle
    sitting in a car park

sooo bored.

adulthood is a lie. fight it.
  • pinno
    sungod said:

windy, pond at the top of mount hampstead still frozen, squirrels were out skating

haiku...

no ducks on the pond
    chicken baguette soon

5-5-3 ?
  • pinno
    Sunday
    wet
    miserable
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Squirrels on the ice
    Cake was most sticky
    Baguette soon

Sven Goran Eriksson

4-4-2
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    pinno said:

thistle_ said:

There's a lot going on in a UPVC door. There are catches that pull the door in as you close the handle.
    All the apparatus to pull the door against the seal can get worn. But it is not expensive to replace/adjust.

They're at least 15 years old, possibly older.
    I'll have a go at adjusting the front one, seeing as the mechanism that pulls it tight hasn't worked for quite a while now...
    The back one is perfectly adjusted (did it a few months ago) but there still seems to be a bit of a draught around it.
    Luckily there's a porch on both sides which keeps most of the wind out.
  • sungod
    pinno said:

sungod said:

haiku...

no ducks on the pond
    chicken baguette soon

5-5-3 ?
    5 7 5
    sy lla bles
  • johngti
    MattFalle said:

johngti said:

Hola.

whats 4dp dude?
    Sufferfest ftp+ thing. End of my first ever 6-week training block to see if I can get any faster than my frankly embarrassing previous performances. No good reason for it other than personal pride
  • More demolition work for the day, removing an internal wall. Should have been a simple job except the miserable muppet that built the place decided for no obvious reason whatsoever to route some wiring in the dumbest place possible.

Means I'll have to get a sparky in to figure out what's what, as the schematic on the power board does not match what actually exists.

Sod it.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • johngti
    johngti said:

MattFalle said:

johngti said:

Hola.

whats 4dp dude?
    Sufferfest ftp+ thing. End of my first ever 6-week training block to see if I can get any faster than my frankly embarrassing previous performances. No good reason for it other than personal pride
    Couldn’t finish. Don’t know if I’m knackered (possible) or if the cheap ass trainer I have is messing me about (again, possible - lowest power I registered was 120-ishW at 75-80rpm in 28/50 once it started playing about, and that can’t be right). Just impossible to settle into a rhythm. I’ll repeat last week’s plan and try again next Sunday. I managed to get my 7-second max power up to nearly 600W though. Maybe that upset the trainer.
  • johngti
    Meant 28/34 above not 28/50. Easiest gear in other words
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    pinno said:

Yesterday:

Today:

It was very windy and brutally cold so the girls weren't really up for it but had fun with Jack - he liked trying to swipe snowballs out of the air and he spent 10 mins digging many holes in the snow. I thought he was doing ablutions at first but I think he was trying to find the ground. "It was here yesterday..."

Now miserable, wet, dark and grey. I feel robbed - 1 day of bright, white. 1 day. 1 frikkin day. B@stards, b@stards, b@stards.

That's Scotland for you...

Chilly walk with hounds after trying to find where Amazon had left our delivery. Bloody driver claimed they handed the package to one of us but delivered it to the neighbours instead. Then both hounds rolled in fox shyte on the walk so we had to give them a full shower and shampoo job. Wunderbar.

Now supping tea and about to knock up something to eat.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed. Just been for a walk with the EPO, she managed a little over 5k which is great given what she's been through over the last couple of years. Now relaxing with a cup of tea. A bit flooded at one point in the park

Much like Piña's second picture.

• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    I walked past that bit last week V. Mini had tall wellies on, so just waded, but I had to go round. Up by Ham Cross on the trail? Well done to Mrs V. Recovery must be well under way.

Got a meal kit to do for Mrs H³ and me later.

• MattFalle
    oooh - that looks nice.

tdv did foccacia again but this time with more sea salt on top - uttey lush.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    pinno said:

thistle_ said:

UPVC doors are a pain in the 'arris. We had a bloke come and fit a new pane with a hole for the car door. It was all great, buy that evening it wouldn't lock. He can back a day or two later to fix it. Which he did and tested it 40 times to show it was fine. 2 days later it wouldn't lock again, so he came again to fix it, tested it 50 times to show it worked. He's been here 4 times now and yesterday again it stopped locking.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    MattFalle said:

oooh - that looks nice.

tdv did foccacia again but this time with more sea salt on top - uttey lush.

Obvs home made focaccia wins.

Pretty good so far. Could have done with maybe 3 or 4 slices of salami. Just about to have the pudding.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    hopkinb said:

I walked past that bit last week V. Mini had tall wellies on, so just waded, but I had to go round. Up by Ham Cross on the trail? Well done to Mrs V. Recovery must be well under way.

Exactly there, walked from ours to Ham Gate and back. Mrs has improved a lot since the physioterrorist has started battering her. Lots of people out and about again. The park has really taken a battering this year with the additional people in there. That trail now looks about 4 times the width it used to be in places.
    Another funny thing is the increase in people riding it on bikes with curly bars now that gravel bikes are a thing. I used to get funny looks riding that on a cross bike, now you get mamils wearing Wapha showing off their new 'steed'. One such passed us today and tried to jump off a little ramp, we both laughed as he did so, Stevo's infamous pic had significantly more air.
    Hope the food went down well, sounds good.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    hopkinb said:

That looks great
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    hopkinb said:

Do you deliver?