saturday is topologically anomalous, flee before it's last monday again

'ning

coldest so far here i think

ride up to warm up, freeze, repeat, cafe coffee and cake, veg out, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, brrrrrrrr that wind chill, dry roads for a change, dog walked , Coffee to warm myself up, going to the supermarket shortly, indoor cycling to cold for me in that south easterly.
    Have a good weekend
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Long run with a pal then collect a load of wood from my parents, then might as well have a drink
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    blimmin' freezing.

sacked off outdoor ride with friends as its blimmin' freezing and icy cold so 30 mins on turbo and weights sesh planned.

just about to take hound for a stroll then hang my new print in the bike shedchalet thing.

The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Is he ^ going the wrong way?

Bloody windy here with snow forecasted and on Monday 10 deg+ balmy tropical.

It's a crazy, crazy. crazy life.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Ey up. First lie in for months. Easyish spin on the turbo planned for after breakfast. Day of reading and doing bugger all. Except maybe getting some crap (not literally) ready for the tip on Monday morning.
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

Bloody windy here with snow forecasted and on Monday 10 deg+ balmy tropical.

It's a crazy, crazy. crazy life.

depends where he's going i suppose
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    ye gods and little fishes that was cold, windy too

water bottle froze after about an hour, brrrrr, brrrrrr and thrice brrrrrr
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • MattFalle
    60g saving and a million clubbies annoyed.

gtafi.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    No dog walk thankfully and we're taking them to get them shaved in a bit - just as well its warming up to a tropical 5C tomorrow. Adminny stuff later - yawn.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Had a little lay-in this morning but then it was shopping. Had to be done no choice.

Relaxing now with a cuppa, no riding today (inside or out), it’s hovering around zero outside and lots of ice on the paths, windy too. Looking at the weeks temperatures Brrrrrrrr it got down to minus 10.7C Wednesday night, crikey!

I’ll open a beer when England kick off, I do hope they’ve learnt how to play
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    pinno said:

Looks like his @rse is hanging out.
    Haven't checked the temp forecast but it's saying heavy rain here tomorrow so I'm assuming that's because it's warning up. The dry ( but salty) roads have been a rare treat to ride on over the last couple of days.

Did an online session this morning with lots of lovely ladies and a couple of other hairy blokes, then went for a run for an essential life or death purchase for tomorrow.
  • MattFalle
    juust been outside.

forget that, i'm not going out there again

#brrrrr
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    edited February 2021
    The Mont Ventoux stage of Tour de Provence on the now, 40 km to go. Stage finish is Chateau Chalet Reynard. Looks bleepin' cold there 'n' all.

Edit, doh.
  • MattFalle
    orraloon said:

The Mont Ventoux stage of Tour de Provence on the now, 40 km to go. Stage finish is Chateau Chalet Reynard. Looks bleepin' cold there 'n' all.

Edit, doh.

what channel dude?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Eurosport Player app I'm on. Dunno about other options.
  • MattFalle
    grazie!
  • johngti
    And now, clash of heads, loosened Maryland bridge, chances of finding a dental appointment any time soon?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed even more slowly than usual. Walked to the old dear's via park and common. Passed several watering holes I used to frequent, this was the only one that was open. Not the type I wanted to go in unfortunately

• Stevo_666
    johngti said:

And now, clash of heads, loosened Maryland bridge, chances of finding a dental appointment any time soon?

Dentists are open - at least mine is as I'm getting an implant done the week after next. Depends how many people are staying away in lockdown?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • johngti
    Fingers crossed. It’s definitely loose and moving around so I don’t think it’ll be long before it comes out. Front tooth too.
  • Stevo_666
    johngti said:

Fingers crossed. It’s definitely loose and moving around so I don’t think it’ll be long before it comes out. Front tooth too.

I lost a front tooth (old crown sheared off) in lockdown #1 when the dentists were closed apart from emergencies - they wouldn't see me as it wasn't an emergency. That was 2 days after I got the clippers out and gave myself a skinhead cut. Did wonders for social distancing...