Friday - Watching the wheels go round and round

Eye has gone all Jesse for some unknown reason - probably the Taramasalata I have been mowstly eating.

Eye also believes it's Fryday... which means i'll be mostly wearing Dolche eee gabaana.
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, cold n frosty, Tigger walked, porridge for breakfast, this cuppa is going down nicely, busy morning might get out on the bike later
    Have a good day
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,431
    'ning

cold but no new snow

try a ride in the cold, cafe, webex, laze
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Cold but enjoyable walk with hounds.

Work stuff then collect meal that apparently I have to cook/put together. It will be done with cider/bubbles/wine then rum
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Meeting meeting lesson lesson lesson all via Google classroom. Not the most pleasant way to spend a Friday. Much better to see the little darlings in person rather than talking at a screen full of initials and hoping they write something into the chat so you know you’re experiencing a bit of human contact.

Oh and a saggy chain to de-sag later.

Morning!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    Fuzzy head, and stomach today. Nothing to do with cider or bubbly.
    WFH then might try a run or ride later on.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    edited February 2021
    Took bird seed to scatter and fill the dispenser, empty the frozen water bowl, re-fill... Birds go totally quiet. As soon as I scatter the seeds, there's a loud cacophony.

Does anyone speak common Hedge Sparrow?

@johngti : smash the chain up and chuck it in the neighbours garden. Unless you have one of those flammable one's.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • johngti
    pinno said:

Does anyone speak common Hedge Sparrow?

They were probably telling you to bring chips next time
  • sungod
    brrrrrrr, quite windy, only a smidge of ice left, but umpteen extra temporary traffic lights

two cafe stops to celebrate first ride since saturday
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Got up,
    Shower,
    Let the bloke in to fix the back patio door that wouldn't lock,
    Breakfast,
    Released a starling from the living room...

Heard strange noises coming from the living room, found a female starling flying round the living room and flying into the window. Opened the window and let her out. It had come down the chimney so spend the next 10 minutes cleaning up all the debris she had knocked down the flume.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Chilly here today, doing some stuff and contemplating an early finish so I can get a wall ready for the plasterer.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    More chilliness outside today so I'm staying put in the home office. Feeling fine after last nights wine, cider and slap up Indian take away.

May do some internet shopping later.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • johngti
    Stevo_666 said:

More chilliness outside today so I'm staying put in the home office. Feeling fine after last nights wine, cider and slap up Indian take away.

Nice! What did you go for? I treated myself to an onion bhaji last night too. And a couple of non-alcoholic beers.
  • It’s still sub-zero outdoors so riding for pleasure is a no-no. Looks like warmer weather is approaching, but we’ll be the last to get it here :/
    I’ll grab another cuppa and have a look around the local job market for now

Later I’ll be moving loft insulation around again itch itch itch…
    It’s Friday so after I’ve de-itched I’ll have a beer [note: check beer levels]

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    Is non alcoholic beer a treat then? I must be of a different generation.

Still 'kin freezing here even with the sun out. Bleepin' garage door, the access one at the back not the vehicle one, had frozen shut. Required a serious level of boot pressure to free it. Essential: that's where live the big freezer 😉, the beer fridge, the tumbledryer etc etc

Got some seed compost now, so time to think positive, look forward to warmer times, sort out the propagators, sow those chilli seeds. These times too will end.

What a life.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    utter freezing baltic cold.

cold session in the gym
    cold shower

cold water from the taps

cold discussion with caretaker to get temp turn up in water

now trying to de-frost in the office.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • orraloon said:

Still 'kin freezing here even with the sun out. Bleepin' garage door, the access one at the back not the vehicle one, had frozen shut. Required a serious level of boot pressure to free it. Essential: that's where live the big freezer 😉, the beer fridge, the tumbledryer etc etc

Got some seed compost now, so time to think positive, look forward to warmer times, sort out the propagators, sow those chilli seeds. These times too will end.

What a life.

If you take the beer out of the fridge, it'll cool down! :o
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

today's cup a soup mug
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • johngti
    orraloon said:

What a life.

No but its all I'm allowed. Had to give up drinking any alcohol last summer, doctor's orders :'(
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Afternoon folks,
    Busy day of wfh again, very glad it's Friday. Had a long Teams session just now, most of it seemed to consist of me saying all the things that are wrong with the new system and what needs to be done to fix it. Said the software company are taking the mick, whatever BS they spout for the reason there is no justification for the system saying something is due in before the order has even been generated. I told them we didn't get any of our stuff from Emmet Brown which confused people, I then had to explain the Back to the Future reference.
    Got to take the EPO to physio later so the beer will have to wait. I must confess some of the alcohol free beers are ok now. Wouldn't drink it at home, but if I have to drive its preferable to a soft drink in the pub.
    Anyway, onward and upward...
  • Stevo_666
    johngti said:

Stevo_666 said:

Nice! What did you go for? I treated myself to an onion bhaji last night too. And a couple of non-alcoholic beers.
    Poppadoms, onion bhajis, some scallops and king prawn dish with a slight afterburn, rice and naan. Washed down with a spot of white plonk and some tramp fuel :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Baltic here but nice out, took the dog around the woods and now I'm working extremely slowly (as normal).

I had an induction meeting thing yesterday for my new job which spurred me on to do some pension admin. The new company won't let me do a SIPP so I've transfered my old one in instead. Currently trying to round up old pensions to gamble away...

I find it a sad state of affairs that I can't invest in a 911 with a SIPP...
  • thistle_
    edited February 2021
    haydenm said:

Currently trying to round up old pensions to gamble away...

Bitcoin's currently at a high thanks to Elon, wait a bit for it to crash then buy buy buy.

• thistle_
    The joys of WFH...
    A pheasant has appeared outside and is stalking the blackbirds.
    The blackbirds have realised they can get through the gaps in the fence but the pheasant can't which it doesn't seem happy about.

#bored
  • sungod
    pheasant curry and blackbird pie
  • haydenm
    thistle_ said:

haydenm said:

Currently trying to round up old pensions to gamble away...

Bitcoin's currently at a high thanks to Elon, wait a bit for it to crash then buy buy buy.

i have a small amount of bitcoin exposure at the moment but it's scary and I'm fickle. A mate of mine is £100k in profit which makes me jealous and reckless. Will definately be buying more after this cycle ends...
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    So you're a gambler.
  • haydenm
    orraloon said:

So you're a gambler.

As previously stated.

I don't have a lot of bitcoin (via a 'mining' company) because, while I understand what they do it is heavily linked to the price of bitcoin, although not 1:1.

I prefer to stick to traditional gambling stocks like gold exploration... ;)
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Great - that’s now three rooms looking worse than when we started

• Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

What exactly is/was that?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

What exactly is/was that?
    Expensive