Tuesday, in the roar of dust and diesel, I stood and watched her walk away

More brrr...
More toots schooling...
We need spring and sun and hope on the horizon (plus a vaccine chucked in).
That's nigh on 11 months shielding for muggins. Enough.
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, white over again, freezing ,slippery , it looks like this weather is with us all week
    Tigger walked ,at least he enjoys the snow, indoor cycling later .
    Have a good day
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    Been awake for a couple if hours but can't be bothered getting up. Don't really fancy a bike ride in these temps on snowy potholed roads in the dark.
    Back's hurting again and need to go to the covid shop too.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    'ning

icy

decided to have a brisk stroll to gmc for exercise/variety, coffee, webex, couple of hours, brisk stroll back, wave to the ducks on the way
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Did the ducks wave back?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    WFH whilst the wife WFW which means I have to feed kids, sort out school issues (constant) and deal with the builders.

Later is a short run
  • I’ll contemplate some diy later, then maybe zwift.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thistle_
    tlw1 said:

WFH whilst the wife WFW which means I have to feed kids, sort out school issues (constant) and deal with the builders.

Can you leave the builders to look after the schooling? Call it an apprenticeship or work experience?

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

Can you leave the builders to look after the schooling? Call it an apprenticeship or work experience?

Sounds like a plan
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao. Blimmin' freezing.

WFH today so going to set up new turbo and may fix spare tv to wall but much lower down so can use for turbo purposes - thinking that it will just be ugly if on a table.

Apart from that, not a lot tbh.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Rear garden fence rebuild today. Not my problem. But I have offered to lend a hand.

-3 and brrr. Ice everywhere.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Bore da. Migraine. Tutor time virtually delivered (joys of degree apprenticeships). No coffee yet. It'll go well with the migraine tablet and porridge breakfast I have planned. More marking and checking reports. Only one more online meeting today.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Woke up 5mins before the alarm, cuddled wifey for a bit longer before extracting myself from her warm naked loveliness. Went to the toilet for a number 2 but just a little gas escaped so slightly disappointed. Washed my face, brushed my teeth, moisturised. Got dressed and went off to wake number 1 son up. He was pretending to still be asleep so I tickled him to prove otherwise. Asked him to get washed while I sorted his clothes for the day. While he was getting dressed I asked what he would like for breakfast and set about making a toasted bagel, a thin type, possibly warburtons. As he was eating his breakfast I made sure his iPad and ear pods were fully charged and that he had all the necessary stationary equipment for his lessons today. Ascending the stairs once more I kissed the wife goodbye and made sure I had everything I needed for the day ahead. Gingerly descending the stairs for the last time ( we have beef) I kissed no1 son goodbye wishing him a good day and reminded him to put the toothbrush on charge once he’s brushed his teeth. Putting on my coat I proceeded to leave the house, pulling the recycling bin into place ready for collection. On inspection the car didn’t need defrosting so once the heater had warmed the windscreen sufficiently I was able to pootle into work without incident.

Questions?

There will be an exam on my morning exploits at 3pm sharp. The pass grade for this exam is C

Except for hop, who will require an A+++

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • thistle_
    seanoconn said:

Woke up 5mins before the alarm, cuddled wifey for a bit longer before extracting myself from her warm naked loveliness. Went to the toilet for a number 2 but just a little gas escaped so slightly disappointed. Washed my face, brushed my teeth, moisturised. Got dressed and went off to wake number 1 son up. He was pretending to still be asleep so I tickled him to prove otherwise. Asked him to get washed while I sorted his clothes for the day. While he was getting dressed I asked what he would like for breakfast and set about making a toasted bagel, a thin type, possibly warburtons. As he was eating his breakfast I made sure his iPad and ear pods were fully charged and that he had all the necessary stationary equipment for his lessons today. Ascending the stairs once more I kissed the wife goodbye and made sure I had everything I needed for the day ahead. Gingerly descending the stairs for the last time ( we have beef) I kissed no1 son goodbye wishing him a good day and reminded him to put the toothbrush on charge once he’s brushed his teeth. Putting on my coat I proceeded to leave the house, pulling the recycling bin into place ready for collection. On inspection the car didn’t need defrosting so once the heater had warmed the windscreen sufficiently I was able to pootle into work without incident.

Questions?

There will be an exam on my morning exploits at 3pm sharp. The pass grade for this exam is C

Sounds too good to be true.

You've reminded me that I need to put my toothbrush on charge. It was flat this morning so was being used in manual mode and I stabbed myself (almost) in the eye with it.

Next door's cat has been bribed. Found out yesterday they're leaving in August though so I'm not sure what's happening with mog.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    Bloody weather forecast was lying, it was due to stop snowing by now and they've just extended it till this afternoon. Not that it matters that much as its warm in my den and I have coffee. May drive down to get some food supplies later if I can be bothered to scrape the snow off the car.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

Woke up with a screaming hangover, wifey kicked me out of bed 'cos my breath was honking. Went to the toilet for a number 2 and groaned and moaned and went red in the face, no joy. Mopped my face, brushed my tooth, used anti-wrinkle cream. Got dressed and went off to kick number 1 out of his bed. He was hiding in the cupboard with Shirley, the trollop. Asked him to wash it whilst I sorted his rags out for the day. While he was sorting his dodgy wotsit I dished the slop up and I toasted some left over crusts, a thin type, possibly mouldy. As he was eating his slop I made sure his bongo drums were taught and that he had his shovel and wheelbarrow at the ready. Ascending the stairs again wifey said not to come near her with that 'thing'. 'Fell' down the stairs for the last time (we have beef). I told son I expected the drive at number 63 to be tarmacked before the end of the day. Putting on the coat I nicked at Primark, I left the caravan omnibus (with the matching Periwinkle upholstery), pulling the bin out of reach of the old boy who puts his doggy bag into it every time he passes it. On inspection, Sally the Clydesdale wasn't so lame - 3 legs are better than 2. Strapped a carrot on a stick on her forehead. Off we trotted.

[Pikey edit]

• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    I concur with Stevo. Snedging quite heavily, will go and bung snowballs with mini later.
  • seanoconn
    edited February 2021
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Woke up with a screaming hangover, wifey kicked me out of bed 'cos my breath was honking. Went to the toilet for a number 2 and groaned and moaned and went red in the face, no joy. Mopped my face, brushed my tooth, used anti-wrinkle cream. Got dressed and went off to kick number 1 out of his bed. He was hiding in the cupboard with Shirley, the trollop. Asked him to wash it whilst I sorted his rags out for the day. While he was sorting his dodgy wotsit I dished the slop up and I toasted some left over crusts, a thin type, possibly mouldy. As he was eating his slop I made sure his bongo drums were taught and that he had his shovel and wheelbarrow at the ready. Ascending the stairs again wifey said not to come near her with that 'thing'. 'Fell' down the stairs for the last time (we have beef). I told son I expected the drive at number 63 to be tarmacked before the end of the day. Putting on the coat I nicked at Primark, I left the caravan omnibus (with the matching Periwinkle upholstery), pulling the bin out of reach of the old boy who puts his doggy bag into it every time he passes it. On inspection, Sally the Clydesdale wasn't so lame - 3 legs are better than 2. Strapped a carrot on a stick on her forehead. Off we trotted.

[Pikey edit]

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

[Pikey edit]

Excellent Pinno A+

“And now ladies and gentlemen, entering the arena, the seven time Bottom Bracket champion, the emperor of pot, the pocket rocket, the prince of plod, the pot noodle himself, it’s the pin up boy, pistol pinno!!”

I do the walk on announcing for my kids. They have little waistcoats and wait for their shot in chairs with a glass of water beside. Very professional like.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Took boy to nursery this morning. To get out of our road, you have to go up a short, steep hill and car almost didn't make it. Left car at top of the hill so i'm able to go and pick boy up later.
    Still snowing now and no sign of stopping.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Fighting off the fog that migraine tabs bring on so I can actually achieve something today. Gah. Too much to do to put up with this today. Bloody hungry too. Doesn’t help. #moanydaytoday
  • MattFalle
    thistle_ said:

seanoconn said:

Questions?

Sounds too good to be true.

You've reminded me that I need to put my toothbrush on charge. It was flat this morning so was being used in manual mode and I stabbed myself (almost) in the eye with it.

Next door's cat has been bribed. Found out yesterday they're leaving in August though so I'm not sure what's happening with mog.
    Jyst steal it before then and if they come round asking where it is just start shouting "you wanna go? you wanna go? Cats and tings, blood" at them.

I find that always solves any problems.

#negotiation
  • MattFalle
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

[Pikey edit]

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

[Pikey edit]

Excellent Pinno A+

“And now ladies and gentlemen, entering the arena, the seven time Bottom Bracket champion, the emperor of pot, the pocket rocket, the prince of plod, the pot noodle himself, it’s the pin up boy, pistol pinno!!”

I do the walk on announcing for my kids. They have little waistcoats and wait for their shot in chairs with a glass of water beside. Very professional like.
    mine would just up smacking each other with the snooker sticks.
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

[Pikey edit]

that made me chuckle. big het.
  • Morning all. Awoke to find a thin veneer of fluffy snow on surfaces , did my ldcture on zoom and now the snow has gone. Not likely to get any more so the kids are somewhat disappointed. Still cold though.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    pinno said:

Did the ducks wave back?

they were all hiding

overheated walking to gmc first thing, thought it was supposed to be cold, tried a layer less on the return, overheated

ice/snow has mostly melted, though more is falling

time for coffee and biccie
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

Woke up when Nelson the Butler rudely interrupted my beauty sleep 5mins before the alarm, glared at Lady Chatterly wifey for a bit longer before extracting myself from her claws. Went to the gentleman's ablutionary retreat for a private bodily function but the Chateaux Briand steak has got stuck some where by golly. Nelson washed my face, brushed my teeth and moisturised certain bits. Got dressed in my morning attire and sent Marion off to wake male heir number 1 up (the spoilt brat). Ordered him to get washed while I sorted his itinerary for the day. While he was getting dressed I demanded smoked Haddock and eggs for breakfast and set about reading the freshly ironed FT.
    As we were eating breakfast I made sure he was going to Saville Row to get booted and suited for Ascot.
    Ascending the stairs once more I told the wife goodbye and made sure I had everything I needed for the jaunt in the Roller. Sent the boy off with the chauffer wishing him a good day and reminded him to pick something suitable; befitting high expectancy. Helped on with my coat, I proceeded to leave the Mansion, pulling the gardeners up for leaving grass cuttings in places one ought not to expect them. On inspection previously, they did half a job and if this was to continue, they would be seeking alternative employment. Nelson had pre-heated the Roller for me.

[Posh edit]

• elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Posh edit? You've clearly never watched Downton Abbey.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

Woke up 5mins afore th' alarm, cuddled wifey fur a bawherr langer afore extracting masell fae her taps aff naked loveliness. Gaed tae th' cludgie fur a batch 2 bit juist a bawherr gas escaped sae a wee bit disappointed. Washed mah coupon, brushed mah wallies, moisturised. Git dressed 'n' gaed aff tae wake batch wan son up. He wis pretending tae aye be asleep sae ah tickled him tae prove otherwise. Asked him tae git washed while ah sorted his claes fur th' day. While he wis getting dressed ah asked whit he wid lik' fur breakfast 'n' set aboot making a toasted bagel, a malinky type, mibeez aye, mibeez naw warburtons. As he wis eating his breakfast ah made sure his ipad 'n' lug pods wur fully charged 'n' that he hud a' th' necessary stationary equipment fur his lessons th'day. Ascending th' stairs wance mair ah winched th' guidwife cheerio the nou 'n' made sure ah hud everything ah wantit fur th' day ahead. Gingerly descending th' stairs fur th' lest time ( we hae nae beef) ah winched no1 son cheerio the nou wishing him a guid day 'n' reminded him tae pat th' toothbrush oan charge wance he’s brushed his wallies. Putting oan mah jaiket ah proceeded tae lea th' hoose, pul'in th' recycling buckit intae steid duin fur collection. Oan inspection th' motor didn’t need defrosting sae wance th' heater hud warmed th' windscreen sufficiently ah wis able tae pootle intae wirk wi'oot incident.

[Jock edit]

• MattFalle
    The knee thread is getting good by the way.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Does no one have a shower first thing in a morning, what a stinky bunch you are.
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Woke up 5mins afore th' alarm, cuddled wifey fur a bawherr langer afore extracting masell fae her taps aff naked loveliness. Gaed tae th' cludgie fur a batch 2 bit juist a bawherr gas escaped sae a wee bit disappointed. Washed mah coupon, brushed mah wallies, moisturised. Git dressed 'n' gaed aff tae wake batch wan son up. He wis pretending tae aye be asleep sae ah tickled him tae prove otherwise. Asked him tae git washed while ah sorted his claes fur th' day. While he wis getting dressed ah asked whit he wid lik' fur breakfast 'n' set aboot making a toasted bagel, a malinky type, mibeez aye, mibeez naw warburtons. As he wis eating his breakfast ah made sure his ipad 'n' lug pods wur fully charged 'n' that he hud a' th' necessary stationary equipment fur his lessons th'day. Ascending th' stairs wance mair ah winched th' guidwife cheerio the nou 'n' made sure ah hud everything ah wantit fur th' day ahead. Gingerly descending th' stairs fur th' lest time ( we hae nae beef) ah winched no1 son cheerio the nou wishing him a guid day 'n' reminded him tae pat th' toothbrush oan charge wance he’s brushed his wallies. Putting oan mah jaiket ah proceeded tae lea th' hoose, pul'in th' recycling buckit intae steid duin fur collection. Oan inspection th' motor didn’t need defrosting sae wance th' heater hud warmed th' windscreen sufficiently ah wis able tae pootle intae wirk wi'oot incident.

[Jock edit]

Did you copy and paste that into a jock generator? 😂

Anyway, top bottom bracketing! This is the level of silliness we should all aspire to. You’ve raised the bar once again. Chapeau sir