Saturday - Don't cross the river if you can't swim the tide

Oh Jings, deary me - It's going to be Baltic. Stay upright, drink strong alcoholic liquids, eat saturated fats and don't join local community associations.

Yay, no schooling for toots.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, absolutely pisthrowing it down , wind dead east not looking too good.
    Indoor cycling it will be then ,
    New vacuum turning up today I could not repair the old one, so venturing into the world of shark, great reviews and warranty.
    Have a good weekend
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    'ning

probably soggy but probably the last chance for a ride before the oncoming ice and blizzard

ride, cafe, much lazing, bubbly
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    pinno said:

Oh Jings, deary me - It's going to be Baltic. Stay upright, drink strong alcoholic liquids, eat saturated fats and don't join local community associations.

You have no authority here Jackie Weaver!

So we’re in full on survival mode!? I must stock up on toilet roll.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Morning

I want to ride my bicycle
    I want to ride my bike
    I want to ride it where I like

Dodgy weather? Ok I’ll stay in the conservatory then.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    edited February 2021
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

If you carry on like that, I'll remove you from the thread.

At least it's not gopping out there, right?

Forecast here is snow tomorrow and for a lot of next week.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

The Vice Chair is here!

I think it's just Pinno. It's just standard cool and cloudy here and that's what it's forecasting for ever more.

Everything's hurting and don't know why. Tea and crumpets hasn't helped. Might try a bike ride later.
  • seanoconn
    We’re not in full on survival mode 😔 I’ve been watching YouTube and everything. I’ve set my tent up next to a garden fish pond in Bromley and I’ve fashioned a rod and crab pot from some sticks I found in the garden. Bear spray is at the ready in case of grizzly stevo attack.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Or you could just stay indoors and get a Waitrose delivery.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • lincolndave
    johngti said:

Morning

I want to ride my bike

Definitely the best bet, still pis raining heavily, the road out side is beginning to resemble a stream
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    seanoconn said:

We’re not in full on survival mode 😔 I’ve been watching YouTube and everything. I’ve set my tent up next to a garden fish pond in Bromley and I’ve fashioned a rod and crab pot from some sticks I found in the garden. Bear spray is at the ready in case of grizzly stevo attack.

When the pond freezes over, cut a hole in the ice so you can keep fishing. Carp, with Dill sauce (i'll send Hoppy round).
    You never know, you might get a visitor in the night given the Grizzly's abhorrent, wretched treatment of her.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    five minutes into ride it poured down, mostly on me, very soggy couple of hours, brrrrr

when in poland, the crispy carp is yummy
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508

johngti said:

Morning

I want to ride my bike

Definitely the best bet, still pis raining heavily, the road out side is beginning to resemble a stream
    It’s ok here (for now) but I have a dislike of the cold and a week of my sufferfest training plan left so excuses aplenty. Which is how I like it.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Forecast for next week is brrr, currently showing max temp of 1C. I may have to dig out the turbo. Thinking to do a quick ride this pm, if the cold claggy mist does indeed lift, take the last chance etc.

In other news, given that I would appear to be in the small minority of non-slapheads round here, my shaggy dog look has gotten too much. No way barbers will be open for months, so today's task is to track down some clippers. Guess cold weather = beanie hat will cover up the worst?
  • Lovely day in sunny Bournemouth. Probably amble up to the bank and pay a cheque in (birthday yesterday). Afternoon walk around kingston lacy assuming it is local. If the NT let me book the tickets then thats good enough for me.
  • The Curse continues.

Builder bloke turns up and starts work on fixing drainage issues... cue first serious rainfall in months, couple inches overnight/morning and more through today. Also had fireplace flue removed yesterday (along with woodburner) and that leaks a bit too in the rain.

Droughtbusters 'R Us

Today was cleaning up that mess, but on the plus side, offloaded a pile of stuff that we'd been "minding" for a friend who's moved interstate and is apparently not coming back any time soon. Very pleased to see that collection of stuff leave the gates...

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Long run got colder as it went on 🙄

Came home and had to unblock the sink in the kitchen, great timing as we have just removed the two other sinks that we could have washed up in

Some jobs, fill the skip and then pick up some bar stools I’ve bought then cider and rugby followed by just cider
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start is being enjoyed, looks like full on hibernation weather tomorrow.
    Keep the mop 'loon, my head still gets cold having clippers a few weeks ago.
    Good to see Mr GTI has decided to up his post count of pointless bollox in the BB. Shame Piña can't manage to start a daily thread after he's had his sleep, we'll have to get Seano Weaver to sort him out. If he survives the hounds of Bromley that is. Good luck with water and builders Spinner and TLW.
    I might have another cup of tea before my coffee.
    Oh happy birthday for yesterday DHL. Are you as old as Stevo is going to be?
  • lincolndave
    edited February 2021
    Well the shark vacuum turned up on time, obviously the designers at shark think of everything a

Crevice tool, I will have to try it out later
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao!

Rid ridded, coffee coffee'd, showered.

Some dude coming to look at buying a bike so just sorted that put for viewing, so now so Sisters of Mercy listening while waiting for him to turn up.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    Oh - as an aside. New Foo Fighters album: don't bother. Massive disappointment.

#gutted
    #sadface
  • pinno
    I hear the roar of the big machine...
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

Forecast for next week is brrr, currently showing max temp of 1C. I may have to dig out the turbo. Thinking to do a quick ride this pm, if the cold claggy mist does indeed lift, take the last chance etc.

In other news, given that I would appear to be in the small minority of non-slapheads round here, my shaggy dog look has gotten too much. No way barbers will be open for months, so today's task is to track down some clippers. Guess cold weather = beanie hat will cover up the worst?

I have the solution:

...and no need to wear a helmet.
  • pinno

Lovely day in sunny Bournemouth. Probably amble up to the bank and pay a cheque in (birthday yesterday). Afternoon walk around kingston lacy assuming it is local. If the NT let me book the tickets then thats good enough for me.

How old are you?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    edited February 2021
    This mornings run

Today’s job removing the tiles

• seanoconn

Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start is being enjoyed, looks like full on hibernation weather tomorrow.
    Good to see Mr GTI has decided to up his post count of pointless bollox in the BB. Shame Piña can't manage to start a daily thread after he's had his sleep, we'll have to get Seano Weaver to sort him out. If he survives the hounds of Bromley that is. Good luck with water and builders Spinner and TLW.

Excellent community meeting summary V👍
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    seanoconn said:

Morning folks,

Excellent community meeting summary V👍
    Clerk of the parish council 😂
  • pinno
    Just munching on some home made bread and (real, genuine) butter.
    Hmm... luverly.

Caught anything yet Seano?
  • MattFalle
    tlw1 said:

This mornings run

Today’s job removing the tiles

pick axe and sledge hammer on the tiles

#smash'emtofuck
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

I hear the roar of the big machine...

oh yes. we're going v goth today.
  • Morning folks,

54, so still young, all own hair and not grey yet...