Friday - reconciling Euler's totient constant

[sungod breathes a sigh of relief and seano: you can stuff your roolz]

Gopping here. Gopping tomorrow, according to the forecast. My garden has a new lake and the road is getting a good wash. Maybe the ducks will move in.
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, damp but mild, it looks like it’s going to be the best day for the for a while, snow ad easterly winds forecast from tomorrow, out with the dog shortly , covid injection booked for next Wednesday morning.
    Have a good day
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,522
    'ning

not quite as nippy, roads probably damp from last night

ride, cafe, webex, laze, then laze a bit more
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Great news LD

Sure it’s loverly outside, hidden behind the darkness and general gloom.

Long walk for hounds and then work stuff, sparky here later to sort lights and most importantly a plug so the new tv in the snug is wall mounted.

Later might get a run in as I don’t think I will get a long one in tomorrow

Then obviously cider
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    Caffeine #1 imbibition, get woken up, get off t'interweb, get kit loaded, get to clients the long way round because of flood levels in the Valley. Then a hard day's physical labour. The Friday evening units will be discounted.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Morning. Surprised that forcing myself out of bed for an early run is so much less likely to happen than getting up for a ride (not surprised). Oh well, later on it is. Staff briefing in half an hour, mundanities of remote teaching all day.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,143
    'ning
    Been for a walk to the Covid shop, sorry I mean Tesco.
    Bright here at the moment but don't think it will last.
    WFH blah blah blah.
    Head still hurts from whacking it on the boot the other day.
  • Morning, dry again in the south.
    Another cheat treat...

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    johngti said:

Morning. Surprised that forcing myself out of bed for an early run is so much less likely to happen than getting up for a ride (not surprised). Oh well, later on it is. Staff briefing in half an hour, mundanities of remote teaching all day.

Morning John! Welcome to the dark side of the forum. Let’s see if we can get your bottom bracket post count up.

Teacher you say? We might have to start a BB teacher ranking thread. You’re are currently top as you’re the only one who hadn’t refused to home school my kids yet.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,319
    Nice one LD.

Johngti has increased his BB post count by 20%.

Gopping, bloody gopping. Have to take Porker for a drive to bleed the system after new front hoses.
    Must split some wood. Running out of small stuff.
    Toots to edewkate.
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

Nice one LD.

Gopping, bloody gopping. Have to take Porker for a drive to bleed the system after new front hoses.
    Toots to edewkate.

Gopping? Can you stop copying Stevo, you are an individual. Use something more eloquent please.
  • johngti
    seanoconn said:

johngti said:

Morning John! Welcome to the dark side of the forum. Let’s see if we can get your bottom bracket post count up.

Teacher you say? We might have to start a BB teacher ranking thread. You’re are currently top as you’re the only one who hadn’t refused to home school my kids yet.
    Everyone needs a target. Fortunately you’ve just given me two! As a maths teacher with previous in physics, I’m surprised I’ve not got involved in these threads before. Titles are intriguing.

(And thanks for the welcome to the bottom bracket)
  • seanoconn
    Titles can be very misleading! 😂
  • johngti
    I’ve marked enough sixth form essays recently to be painfully aware of that!
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Nice one LD.

Toots to edewkate.

Gopping? Can you stop copying Stevo, you are an individual. Use something more eloquent please.
    It's the only way to describe it. Besides, perhaps Stevo is copying me. So there.
  • Zwift zwifted, tea tea'd, eggs scrambled.

Studding out the bathroom wall later to make some fancy niches for candles and rose petals.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Zwift zwifted, tea tea'd, eggs scrambled.

Studding out the bathroom wall later to make some fancy niches for candles and rose petals.

It'll give the mould some to collect i suppose. Mmm mildew.
  • pinno
    I bet that water resistant plasterboard is even pricier than it was 3 years ago.

I'll find out when the bath gets chucked for a walk in shower. But everything seems so far away at the moment.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,143

Zwift zwifted, tea tea'd, eggs scrambled.

It'll give the mould some to collect i suppose. Mmm mildew.
    If there's only a bath and no shower it might be ok. Especially if you put in some half decent ventilation:
    https://youtu.be/9hDUixwMqFo
  • Builder bloke turned up yesterday, random steel structure inside the shed now removed finally. Yay! Today he was digging channels to install some decent drainage down there too.

Old wood burner in lounge room also removed this morning, and sold off. Humongous brick hearth removed which was several hours on cold chisel and mallet, meaning I am now *very* f^cking sore in the arms and hands.

Good to finally get some of these things ticked off "The List"... Still plenty on it though. Next up will be flooring removal, and maybe some tiles to go as well.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Greetings, rather dull day work wise but clear sunny sky outside (clearly something wrong there).
    Plan work wise is to do very little I'm waiting on a parcel which should keep me busy but its just dawned on me I could crack out a model kit an do some bits. I have the delightfully named versuchsflakwagen 8.8 cm flak 41 auf sonderfahrgestell pz.sfl.ivc (rolls off the tongue that one) Flak 41 cannon being mainly completed in the form of breech recoil system and platform all work sadly no scale firing pin though. Or I have a swathe of fully unstarted kits to dabble with. Probably do nothing though.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,455
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Nice one LD.

Toots to edewkate.

Where I lead, others follow :)

Busy day but the sun's out which makes things a bit nicer. Especially peaceful as Strifey is out walking the hounds.

LD - good news about the jab. I move into another age bracket soon. Might have to organise and 'age exclusive' pub trip for all vaccinated BB'ers and the rest can watch on livestream to remind them what it's like.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Started out honking here, now fry and bright but cold.

Forecast is hacking and gibbers so will get turbo set up.

This was this morning's coffee that seems an age ago now.

The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    MattFalle said:

Huge contrifibularities on your post.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • MattFalle
    Well, its no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then....
  • seanoconn
    Can someone please find and return MF’s deleted bits. How’s he supposed to get his leg over this evening!
  • MattFalle
    At my age with my knees? Walking up stairs hurts let alone getting my leg over anything....
  • seanoconn

• pinno
    elbowloh said:

MattFalle said:

Huge contrifibularities on your post.
    Huge something.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,522
    are you now reconciled with oily totty constance?

just changed batteries in etap shifters, after six years one was giving an occasional red flicker when tested, the test leds are much brighter now

took longer than expected - cr2032 batteries now come in 'baby-secure' packaging that can only be opened with scissors etc., even then there're two sticky bits to remove from the thing, apparently there's also a 'bitter taste', but i didn't test that
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    sungod said:

apparently there's also a 'bitter taste', but i didn't test that

I would say "who the hell eats batteries", but as a kid, I used to lick the terminals of 9v batteries for the tingles.