what adjustments to be made from spd-sl pedals to Spd pedals

Hi there,
I have a bike fitted with Spd-sl pedals currently, I am happy with all settings so far and quite enjoy while riding it for daily commute. However, since the road construction, I want to try Spd pedals instead cuz it is much easier to unclip and walk. what should I adjust my bike if I change from Spd-sl to spd? like seat tube or other things on my current bike? or is it okay if I just swap the pedals and do nothing on the bike?

fyi, my daily commute is about 30km around trip.

thanks so much!

Comments

• oxoman said:

Just change the pedals and try as best as possible to replicate your shoe position on the pedal with the cleats. Obviously you will need recessed shoes with 2 bolt capability. Loads out there to choose from. Once you've ridden a few times you will know if your cleat position is ok or needs moving. You may want to slacken off the spring setting which is easy enough. Double sided are best for commuting, just remember to adj both sides of each pedal. I personally wont bother with spd,sl,s again, to much wear and tear and uncomfortable to walk on.

thanks Mr O, actually I knew the stack height of different pedals may affect the bike fitting, so that I should make some adjustments to get the best fitted geometry using Spd pedals instead. I might think too much, maybe I just need get new pedals and try. The differences on the bike setting should bother me that much.