Sunday, Roll on springtime

lincolndave
lincolndave Posts: 9,441
edited January 2021 in The bottom bracket
Morning, frosty start at least that easterly wind as dropped, hopefully will be out on the road riding today, Roast beef for lunch, might catch up with a few tv series later.
Have a good day

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Walk hounds then a long run with a pal, if I time if right the current wife will meet us with some food and hot drinks 😎

Few jobs ready for workmen next week and then cider
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,436
    'ning

not raining, or is it a dream? if it is, it's a nippy one

ride up and down many times, quaff coffee and chomp cake, catch up on lazing

it's almost february, worst of all the months
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Why's February so bad SG?

Not raining today which is a bonus, but chilly.
    Pilates class then a run when it warms up a bit I think.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    ciao

sitting in a car park waiting for bambino to do his tennis lesson so taking the opportunity to fit some levers to some 'bars and change some tyres on some wheels.

lets see what the rest of the day will bring....
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    edited January 2021
    MattFalle said:

ciao

sitting in a car park waiting for bambino to do his tennis lesson so taking the opportunity to fit some levers to some 'bars and change some tyres on some wheels.

lets see what the rest of the day will bring....

Do you ever think to yourself, when did life get so middle class? I know I do.

Footy in the park, jumpers for goal posts when I was a kid.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • MattFalle
    that's a good point well presented..... tbh, i moan and groan about all the hanging around but hey, its all about the bambini, innit.
  • sungod
    thistle_ said:

Why's February so bad SG?

Not raining today which is a bonus, but chilly.
    Pilates class then a run when it warms up a bit I think.

february: january has worn off, weather still horrible, days too short and i've strained a muscle in my neck which is making me exceedingly grumpy

bit of brightness this morning though clouding over now, gritters have been out leaving heaps of salty nastiness on the road

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    MattFalle said:

that's a good point well presented..... tbh, i moan and groan about all the hanging around but hey, its all about the bambini, innit.

I thought you enjoyed car park life?
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Ticked off January with a long ride yesterday to just nudge me over the target km for the month.No bike legs today, just a long walk late arvo instead.

Rest of the day was redistributing kitchen cupboards contents for upcoming minor renovation works.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Spring seems a long way off. Watery sunshine and skim ice on the massive puddles in Richmond park. Nice enough, a bit raw when facing the easterly.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    edited January 2021
    February beats January and November for me. Getting lighter, would be prime skiing time normally and it's my birthday month. So that proves it.

Been out with hounds and Strifey, as is usual on a weekend. Now sat here with a large steaming mug of tea contemplating sausages for lunch, followed by washing The Panzer and doing some pension planning. Variety is the spice of life etc.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    thistle_ said:

MattFalle said:

I thought you enjoyed car park life?
    it has a certain je ne sais quoi if you ask me....
  • MattFalle
    hopkinb said:

Spring seems a long way off. Watery sunshine and skim ice on the massive puddles in Richmond park. Nice enough, a bit raw when facing the easterly.

that looks pretty. cold but v pretty.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Running for 3.5 hrs today means - I’m still ferkin cold

Nice out though, pic from first walk of the day

Pic from run

• sungod
    mrs s binging on musicals while i re-read old robert benchley vanity fair stuff...

"there may be said to be two classes of people in the world; those who constantly divide the people of the world into two classes, and those who do not. both classes are extremely unpleasant to meet socially, leaving practically no one in the world whom one cares very much to know"
  • Good afternoon boys and girls. New suit from Moss bros delivered yesterday, bstards left the security tag on it. Ffs. Just dropped it off at collect+ and took my lad for walk around Poole Park in the rain. Now home for.....

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Got that a bit wrong. Glimmers of sunshine this morning. Left the bike ride until afternoon. 2C. Started sleeting, then got the easterly headwind on the return plus the sleet in the face. Cold hands even with the ski gloves, per that other thread. And cold to the core by time got back. #1 Daughter even colder, guess that's me in the bad books.

Just had a big bowl of warming deep soup, off for a hot soak. Then a glass or 2 plus catch up on the CX worlds. No spoilers purleaze.

Roll on springtime indeed.
  • MattFalle
    its honking here. gopping. lashing it down and cold.

just part built one bike, not happy with rear wheel (stripped, cleaned, new gease, bearings reseated but feel grumbly if you know what I mean, so walked away), did a once over on a colleagues bike trying to find some clicking he was going on about but no luck, so took a vid and sent it to him.

Scones and tea consumed, chillin' for 10 before changing a toilet seat and maybe, just maybe, doing a weights sesh.
  • Nice day here, stripped out a bit more of the bathroom ready for boarding out and then got 50km in on the bike. Very cold though however the DHB merino base layer (Thankyou @Pinno) and deep winter Aeron jacket combo was excellent. I've never worn so little and been so warm!

And I've only been riding bikes properly for 28 years!

Anyway, roast rib of beef tonight and some nice red wine.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Evening folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed then walked over to the old dear's via park and common. Lots of huge Volvo 4x4s Wombledon way, any one of them could have been famiglia H³ so I kept my wits about me. Now chilling with a beer awaiting risotto.
    Looking at those photos there's lots of wet stuff where there shouldn't be.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    edited January 2021

(Thankyou @Pinno) and deep winter Aeron jacket combo was excellent. I've never worn so little and been so warm!

You're welcome @homers_double . I like the Aeron jacket too - -superb vfm. You can compare it with the very pricey Castelli Espresso. Not quite as warm, well tailored or with the convenient front, zipped pockets but it's bloody versatile.

Today has been doing very little apart from baking bread and cooking plus finished an unusual ball contraption.

I'm 1 away from a very sophisticated, re-hashed loop.

Now sipping Guinness and nibbling plain cheese biscuits, dry, nothing on them.
    Quite good actually.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!