Ribble cycles...New models?

Hi everyone
I’ve just recieved my 2k c2work voucher and was fully intending to purchase a Ribble sl endurance disc with level 3 carbon aero bars.. Aside from being unsure of the colour I want, I began to wonder how long this particular model has been running on their site without any changes/ upgrades and it looks to me like it’s been a number of years.. That got me wondering if it’s about due for some kind of upgrade like other manufacturers do each year.. (handlebar integration being the new thing) I know Ribble wouldn’t reveal anything if this were the case as they will obviously want to keep the sales of current platforms buoyant.. I did notice that their aero 883 has quietly disappeared from the site and the showroom.. Makes me think that a new model will be shortly released, potentially around Easter time..
Can anyone offer any input on this..? Should I hold off until Easter perhaps before ordering ..? (The long lead times put me off this however) .. it would typical for me that I order an sl only for a new upgraded version to be announced...!

Thanks everyone

Comments

• slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Just ride your bike and don’t concern yourself with a brands timeline for introducing new models as it’s a rabbit hole covered in marketing BS

Either way you’ll have to wait until 2022’s bikes for the new Shimano 12 speed ...

I have a SL5 - the same carbon as the new SL7. Do I really care or believe the claims of less seconds over 45 km?

Given the extended timelines and the possibilities of personalising your bike in terms of paint job with Ribble I would proceed with the purchase and enjoy the summer

Alternatively there’s nothing wrong with waiting for the latest model. Waiting the appropriate word here but one thing current events has reinforced is life is short as we are here for a good time, not a long time

It’s a great position to be in when your purchasing a new bike , savour the moment and ride your new bike in good health
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Thanks for the input..what you’re saying does indeed make sense...👍
  • joe_totale-2
    joe_totale-2 Posts: 1,333
    I think a lot of the Ribble models are quite new so probably won't be replaced for a while.

Anyway, even if a new model comes out the only real change might be a new snazzy paint job despite the usual marketting claims of it being 13% more aero and 21% more stiff.
  • I doubt they would bring out another model any time soon - I don't think Ribble really work like that - bringing out new models every year or every other year.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Quite like the idea of a Ribble 725 disc as a winter bike.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • The Ribble SL is only about two years old. Very nice bike, love mine. They are being used by Ribble weldtite race team and now the drops ladies race team. I've also got a 725 as a winter bike which I also like a lot.
  • tonysj
    tonysj Posts: 391
    I really like the look of this bike.

https://www.orrobikes.com/shop/2021-venturi-ultegra

Only problem its available pre order for August 2021.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078

The Ribble SL is only about two years old. Very nice bike, love mine. They are being used by Ribble weldtite race team and now the drops ladies race team. I've also got a 725 as a winter bike which I also like a lot.

I quite fancy a 725 in 105 spec as a winter bike
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk