Saturday, into the wilderness

Morning, although dry that easterly wind as knocked the temperature down, not sure whats happening today, obviously it will involve a bike ride
Have a good weekend

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    The predicted snow sounds like rain to me

Long ish run, get another quote on redoing the patio, hopefully less than five figures this time. Few jobs, then ale
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning.

Windy and drizzly at the moment here. Forecast is for heavy rain then heavy snow this morning. Run postponed until this afternoon for now, and nothing else planned for today.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,431
    'ning

even more rain, a lot more

forgo ride unless deluge eases, coffee, snacking and lazing will feature
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    It's chilly but not snow threateningly chilly.

Meh, what to do today.

Must be a special patio?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

Soggy but bright. Doing job app then will do some weights and start building up a bike I've sold and look at another for a colleague that is, allegedly, making a clicking noise.

two turns of the barrel adjuster I reckon.

after that, bambino and father chill out time.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Morning all. Vaccine this morning, but first.....

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Feck, talking to the wife whilst I got ready for the run and forgot my gloves, hands still have zero feeling
  • tlw1 said:

censored , talking to the wife whilst I got ready for the run and forgot my gloves, hands still have zero feeling

If have a sherman, it'll feel like someone else is doing it...
  • MattFalle

Morning all. Vaccine this morning, but first.....

Ah, hell ma boy, that looks mega.
  • MattFalle

tlw1 said:

censored , talking to the wife whilst I got ready for the run and forgot my gloves, hands still have zero feeling

If have a sherman, it'll feel like someone else is doing it...
    #poshone
  • Update...

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    We're going to get a bit soggy taking the dogs out shortly, definitely welly conditions. Hey ho. I'm getting the clippers out this weekend and going skinhead As I'm tired of being a hippy and it's not as cold as last week.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666

Good news DHL. Key worker or mates with the local doctor?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    edited January 2021

Glad you didn't fill that mug.

I very much enjoyed my trip to Hong Kong, its weird, but cool. Put my hands in Bruce Lee's and Jackie Chan's hand prints and also saw the pink dolphins.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    I'm not diabetic but that picture makes me feel a little queasy...

The downpour seems to be easing but standing water visible all round. Screw it, taken a 2nd pure Colombian back to bed. This is going to be a pretty much do nothing sort of day. Ho hum.
  • Stevo_666 said:

Flu jab..... finally!
  • MattFalle
    and the fuckingstupidfuckingsystem crashed again losing another 2 hours work

ffs.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,550
    Nice day, still and warm for a change to start. Did stuff about the place for a while, then a few hours out riding after lunch.

Krispy Kreme are just plain revolting.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod

Nice day, still and warm for a change to start. Did stuff about the place for a while, then a few hours out riding after lunch.

i never could see the attraction of the big-brand/factory doughnuts, especially with the new-fangled coatings

the baker's shop i remember as a kid used to make doughnuts in the morning, light and fluffy with raspberry jam in the middle, delicious
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    sungod said:

i never could see the attraction of the big-brand/factory doughnuts, especially with the new-fangled coatings

the baker's shop i remember as a kid used to make doughnuts in the morning, light and fluffy with raspberry jam in the middle, delicious
    There's the nostalgia thread for this kind of stuff...
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    orraloon said:

The downpour seems to be easing but standing water visible all round. Screw it, taken a 2nd pure Colombian back to bed.

How many Colombians live with you?

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start is being enjoyed, gopping out so hibernation is in order.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    edited January 2021
    sungod said:

The best doughnuts Sungod without doubt

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    elbowloh said:

sungod said:

Home made ones are even better, but a bit of a faff to cook right.
    Home made jam or nutella in the middle.
  • sungod
    elbowloh said:

sungod said:

yep, though it's indicative of our decline that having good doughnuts is now but a fond memory, much like walters' brand barbeque puffs (and most of the others they made too)
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607

orraloon said:

The downpour seems to be easing but standing water visible all round. Screw it, taken a 2nd pure Colombian back to bed.

I wish. I spent a week in Colombia a couple of years ago, when such things were a norm, the scenery was lovely.

Anyway, SG kept quiet about his cycling team, no?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canyon-dhb-SunGod
  • sungod
    orraloon said:

orraloon said:

I wish. I spent a week in Colombia a couple of years ago, when such things were a norm, the scenery was lovely.

Anyway, SG kept quiet about his cycling team, no?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canyon-dhb-SunGod
    pale imitators :smiley:

i'm off, lunch time, cheese-based i think
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,550
    elbowloh said:

sungod said:

Not required. It's perfectly possible to still get really good, fresh donuts. But KK just aren't that.

I like them fairly plain, not even the jam filling for me, but rarely eat them now as cinnamon and me no longer agree.

The local market in winter often has a stand which makes ollie bollie ones, just about perfect on a crisp morning walking around there.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

Stevo beat you to it already clipped mine to a 2 and young Oxo,s to a 4. Mine looks ok but youngest wont go out without a hat on at the minute, something about the fringe apparently. I did offer to go shorter but he ran away. :D

I'm going for a 1 to help others socially distance from me. Also want it to last until I can get a proper bloody cut.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Flu jab..... finally!
    Ah, OK - thought you meant Covid jab. I had my flu jab 8 weeks ago. Age has its privileges I guess.