Paint Issue

kevinecampbell
kevinecampbell Posts: 5
edited January 2021 in Workshop
Hi, I recently took delivery of a brand new trek domane. Love the bike however I’ve noticed a few blemish like defects in paint. Load of swirl marks on the paint also (gloss paint, I know). For what you pay, you’d expect the paint to be more or less spot on I thought.

Can anyone tell me if they have had same issues, and what they might be?

Comments

• why two posts?
    I'd be more concerned with the state of the lino.
  • Wasn’t sure which category to post it in
  • david37
    david37 Posts: 1,313

why two posts?

and cut your toe nails
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300

why two posts?

Spend more on kitchen floor or bike? Admirable set of priorities there I reckon.
    Can't help on the paint as picture quality is so bad on here, last picture looks like dried on polish that hasn't been polished off properly, but as I say really can't see clearly enough.
    Shiny, new bike you paid good money for means take it back and see what they say if you're not happy.
  • why two posts?

Spend more on kitchen floor or bike? Admirable set of priorities there I reckon.
    Can't help on the paint as picture quality is so bad on here, last picture looks like dried on polish that hasn't been polished off properly, but as I say really can't see clearly enough.
    Shiny, new bike you paid good money for means take it back and see what they say if you're not happy.
    Cheers Veronese. Went back to LBS and they sent it off to Trek. Trek quickly turned around and authorised replacement frame and I get to use bike in meantime. I was imagining the worse but their customer service seems spot on.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078

why two posts?

My wife had our kitchen floor (laminate) ripped up and replaced with proper wood floors.

I was crying over the costs and what I could have spent the money on?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk