Tuesday, get the tissues out

Morning, frosty start -4 at the minute , but it will not put me off decorating again, tigger walked , breakfast consumed ,jane at work ,now shall I have another cuppa before I start painting.
Have a good day

Comments

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    Get the tissues out for what? 🤔

Coffee imbibing while consulting changed forecast, currently hard frost but showing belt of rain expected in couple of hours. Buxxer, working this morning. Could I push it back until later? No, the no show yesterday boiler man (emergency call out it seems...) supposedly coming this pm instead. Buxxer.

• ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Cold out obviously. No longer picturesque with the snow all rutted.
    As it's still Australia Day, felicitations to Spinner, if that is not too politically incorrect.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Hounds walked, run in the ice/snow done, now work stuff.

Later is undecided, but I imagine it isn’t the pub
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,431
    'ning

cold, so cold, risk a ride, cafe, wfh, laze etc.

stock up bubbly, someone keeps drinking it, drop mrs s hint about adding additional orangettes
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    ciao

dark and raining, cold. gonna do weights sesh, re-do job form then doing some med stuff for local charity because I'm nice.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Every other day: ditto.

Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,431
    dodged the black ice, pot holes, zombies and huge traffic queues, swigged coffee

many achievements and not even time for elevenses yet
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    All that fuss about a fugly car yesterday...

@darkhairedlord :

Way back in the olden days (2008), I dismantled 2 dodgy Dysons to make 1...
    Wind clock forward to the Etape Caledonia and muggins coughed his way around the 86 miles after being diagnosed with exercise induced asthma and put on steroids...

Wind clock forward again when I gave an eccentric Italian* a lift to the Climate Challenge Fund convention.
    'Toni' was applying for funds for his micro project which was attaching Dyson motors to Turbo trainers (amongst other things) and using them in schools to show kids how to generate electricity.
    I had said how I dismantled a couple of Dysons a little while back and he immediately said "I hope you wore a mask".

I joined the dots.

*Aren't they all?

Anyway, snow has gone, it's pi$$ing down, toots to school and worse, trying to create a 180 degree reciprocal motion from rotary motor without undue resistance is proving tricky.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno said:

@darkhairedlord :

Wind clock forward to the Etape Caledonia and muggins coughed his way around the 86 miles after being diagnosed with exercise induced asthma and put on steroids...

Wind clock forward again when I gave an eccentric Italian* a lift to the Climate Challenge Fund convention.
    'Toni' was applying for funds for his micro project which was attaching Dyson motors to Turbo trainers (amongst other things) and using them in schools to show kids how to generate electricity.
    I had said how I dismantled a couple of Dysons a little while back and he immediately said "I hope you wore a mask".

I joined the dots.

*Aren't they all?

Anyway, snow has gone, it's pi$$ing down, toots to school and worse, trying to create a 180 degree reciprocal motion from rotary motor without undue resistance is proving tricky.

No, no mask :# But It does now work.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195

pinno said:

@darkhairedlord :

I joined the dots.

*Aren't they all?

No, no mask :# But It does now work.
    But you will in future?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • ballysmate
    He certainly will if he goes shopping for a Dyson.
  • mpatts
    mpatts Posts: 1,010
    Dysons suck.

Children clothed and fed, horses fed and ejected, Zwift lead done (3r volt 6am this morning) now doing something genuinely fun at work, day 2 of a 3 day design sprint.

I have also just had a jaffa cake. Could today get any better?
    Insert bike here:
  • ballysmate
    Jusl looked out at the top of the flat roof dining room extension. Still covered in a thick blanket of snow with no gaps.

#satisfying.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    pinno said:

@darkhairedlord :

I joined the dots.

*Aren't they all?

What, you had to cut up some carbon tubes to fix the Dyson?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    pinno said:

Always wondered how people were putting out 20w/kg on Zwift for 200 miles while talking bs on the game chat.

• Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    thistle_ said:

Always wondered how people were putting out 20w/kg on Zwift for 200 miles while talking bs on the game chat.

In all seriousness, how do people type so eloquently on Zwift chat while putting out impressive W/kg? Some pro level lads fallen through the net, from what I regularly witness!

Afternoon. WFH, more of the same today. BIG day tomorrow, slightly overwhelming tbh!
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    pinno said:

A car or a van on stilts?

Afternoon All, busy day so far and will carry on that way. Also got someone coming round later to fix the pond pump so the goldfish can carry on their merry way swimming in circles. Hopefully won't have to pay for a new pump.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Ben6899 said:

thistle_ said:

In all seriousness, how do people type so eloquently on Zwift chat while putting out impressive W/kg? Some pro level lads fallen through the net, from what I regularly witness!

Afternoon. WFH, more of the same today. BIG day tomorrow, slightly overwhelming tbh!
    What's happening tomorrow Ben?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Stevo_666 said:

Ben6899 said:

thistle_ said:

I'll tell you tomorrow. Other people need to know first. :smile:
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Stevo_666
    Ben6899 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Ben6899 said:

thistle_ said:

Youre such a tease...
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Ben6899 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Ben6899 said:

thistle_ said:

New job riding a cargo bike?
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    tlw1 said:

Ben6899 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Ben6899 said:

thistle_ said:

Going to Derbyshire to liberate a Tesla.
  • MattFalle
    Ben6899 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Ben6899 said:

thistle_ said:

tell us tell us tell us tell us tell us

#tellus
  • MattFalle
    thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

Ben6899 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Ben6899 said:

thistle_ said:

i presume its not CBs?
  • MattFalle
    elbowloh said:

Every other day: ditto.

oooh. crema

#crema
  • MattFalle
    mpatts said:

Dysons suck.

Children clothed and fed, horses fed and ejected, Zwift lead done (3r volt 6am this morning) now doing something genuinely fun at work, day 2 of a 3 day design sprint.

I have also just had a jaffa cake. Could today get any better?

what does "3r volt" mean?
  • Stevo_666
    thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

Ben6899 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Ben6899 said:

thistle_ said:

Massage Parlour manager?
  • orraloon
    Stevo_666 said:

thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

Ben6899 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Ben6899 said:

thistle_ said:

Massage Parlour manager?
    Going to appear in court after assaulting several rozzers in a pub?
  • orraloon
    Work 1/2 day done and just about thawed out afterwards. So now it's

Boiler man, boiler man
    Who want to be a boiler man...

Wtf are you?
  • Stevo_666
    The suspense is building...