Wheel upgrade

Hi
I have a Giant tcr which came with mavic Pro wheelset. What would be a good upgrade for these wheels. Are mavic kysrium an upgrade. I am only looking to spend about £500. Please advise

Thanks

Comments

• rafletcher
    rafletcher Posts: 1,235
    Have a look at what thecycleclinic offer in your price range.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    As above or Prime at Wiggle or Merlin at Merlin or Selcof at PX but not hunt because they are not an upgrade.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    At the end of the day tbey have to be deep rim - minimum of 60mm - or they are just trash not worth having.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Do you really need an upgrade yet? How long have you had the bike?

Any riding you're doing now in this weather, I'd use the wheels you've got and, if you buy better wheels, keep those for nicer weather.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • MattFalle
    Yes he does. Life is too short not to have deep rims.

You wouldn't pass up a date with TDNFNATN because you're married to Edwina Curry would you?

This is exactly the same.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    MattFalle said:

At the end of the day tbey have to be deep rim - minimum of 60mm - or they are just trash not worth having.

Absolutely. I swapped my 38mm carbon wheels for some hand built alloy ones last summer - I'm now thinking 60mm would look awesome on my best bike for the warmer, drier months.
  • MattFalle
    this completely but there is absolutely no reason at all why you can't use them all year round.
  • Have a look at Cero wheels. I’ve had a set for 3 years covered about 12000 miles. They have quite a few offers so keep an eye out.

https://www.cycledivision.co.uk/wheels
  • johngti
    MattFalle said:

this completely but there is absolutely no reason at all why you can't use them all year round.

No need to. I’m lucky because I have a non-winter winter bike. In other words, my aluminium winter bike (with disc brakes) is perfectly good enough to use all of the time but I’m a tart so I also have a really nice summer one (currently on the turbo).
  • MattFalle
    Always a need to use deep rims. Always.

If you were hooked up with TDNFNATN its not like you'd leave her at home to take the hideous creature that is Cheri Blair out is it?

Use the deep rims dude, use the deep rims.
  • johngti
    Maybe. I had a long break-ish and got a bit scared by the wind grabbing at the front wheel when I started up again. Plus I was very overweight and very slow so it was a case of all the gear and absolutely no idea. At least now I’m built more like a cyclist so I’ll look decent on the bike in spite of being slow!

I’ll get some wheels in the spring. Probably Chinese ones as I can’t go all out due to a lack of funds.
  • david37
    david37 Posts: 1,313
    MattFalle said:

If you were hooked up with TDNFNATN its not like you'd leave her at home to take the hideous creature that is Cheri Blair out is it?

who is tdnfnatn? and shed have to be going some to turn down a date with mistress Pritti. Cheri is alright as a house gimp though
  • johngti
    Pritti drops the g’s at the end of words like robbing and discriminating. That’s annoying.
  • elbowloh
    johngti said:

Pritti drops the g’s at the end of words like robbing and discriminating. That’s annoyin'.

FIFY
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • david37
    johngti said:

Pritti drops the g’s at the end of words like robbing and discriminating. That’s annoying.

ive got no idea whats shes saying the whole thing is a silky sound and sensory experience. But now youve told me, I wont be able to ignore it :(.

• MattFalle
    david37 said:

johngti said:

ive got no idea whats shes saying the whole thing is a silky sound and sensory experience. But now youve told me, I wont be able to ignore it :(.

no. The Prittster shall remain luscious. Her droppin' of the "g" is a hood thang. or should that be than'.

The Prittster in her glasses, heels and a lab coat. blimey. blimeyblimeyblimey. Now that would forgive her for being evil Tory scum.
  • MattFalle
    elbowloh said:

johngti said:

Pritti drops the g’s at the end of words like robbing and discriminating. That’s annoyin'.

FIFY
    :):):)
  • MattFalle
    david37 said:

MattFalle said:

who is tdnfnatn? and shed have to be going some to turn down a date with mistress Pritti. Cheri is alright as a house gimp though
    The purveyor of The Lab Coat. Neuroligist. Scientust. PhD holder. The Knower. Panto star.

just wonderful.
  • elbowloh
    MattFalle said:

david37 said:

MattFalle said:

The purveyor of The Lab Coat. Neuroligist. Scientust. PhD holder. The Knower. Panto star.

just wonderful.
    She is in a show called Mack and Mo now i think.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • elbowloh
    I don't get the deep rims thing from a looks point of view. Yes, they may be faster aerodynamically, but i don't think they look better at all.

#fugly
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • reaperactual
    reaperactual Posts: 1,185
    david37 said:

johngti said:

Pritti........ nah! Lola K. any day.🥴
  • johngti
    elbowloh said:

johngti said:

FIFY
    TY
  • johngti
    elbowloh said:

I don't get the deep rims thing from a looks point of view. Yes, they may be faster aerodynamically, but i don't think they look better at all.

#fugly

On the right bike they look lovely though. You were right over my Pritti comment, it'd be a shame to be so wrong here...
  • MattFalle
    elbowloh said:

MattFalle said:

david37 said:

MattFalle said:

just wonderful.
    looking it up now ....
  • MattFalle
    blimey. thank you for that. i'll be back in a bit.
  • david37

david37 said:

johngti said:

Pritti........ nah! Lola K. any day.🥴
    the plus sized black rap star??? no competition for Pritti. butto save arguments, you have the music I'll have the whips :)
  • david37
    elbowloh said:

MattFalle said:

david37 said:

MattFalle said:

just wonderful.
    Still no further ahead. :(

• MattFalle
    david37 said:

elbowloh said:

MattFalle said:

david37 said:

MattFalle said:

just wonderful.
    Still no further ahead. :(

Imagine TDNFNATN and TDER in lab coats bickering about stuff. Anything. Just stuff.

MF says that he thinks he would explode with joy.
  • david37
    who is tder? does she have long luxurious dark brown hair, glasses thick full lips and heaving breasts under her labcoat? does she insist on wearing only fine lingerie preferably black over her tanned and toned body and under said labcoat?

high heels and sheer hold ups of course.

errrr were we talking about wheels?
  • MattFalle
    Nah, its the blonde bird from the Mallorca Files, the lamest detective programme since Midsomer Murders but addictively brilliant watching.

She's sooooo lovely. MF has a blonde bobbed hair thang, you see..