New tyres on allez elite

I’m after some new tyres on my new bike it came with espoir elite 25mm. There ok but heavy and don’t roll very well. I’m in the process of buying gp5000 or the specialized s works turbo both tyres are about 300gram weight saving on the original ones that came with bike but I’m not to sure which one to get gp5000 or specialized turbo any thoughts ?

Comments

• I ran GP5000s last summer on my Cube, 23mm up front and 25mm on rear, they felt quick in the patches where I felt relatively good during a rollercoaster year of health.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • I ran GP5000s last summer on my Cube, 23mm up front and 25mm on rear, they felt quick in the patches where I felt relatively good during a rollercoaster year of health.

Why the different widths?
  • joe_totale-2
    joe_totale-2 Posts: 1,333

I ran GP5000s last summer on my Cube, 23mm up front and 25mm on rear, they felt quick in the patches where I felt relatively good during a rollercoaster year of health.

Why the different widths?
    Probably for aerodynamics, the frontal area is the most important part when considering aero gains and one of the worst things you can do is have a tyre wider than the rim.

To the OP, GP5000's are great, there's a reason they've become as ubiquitous as the previous GP4000's. However, I'd probably hang on a month or two until the roads are less full of crud then they are right now.
  • arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    I have no personal experience of these tyres but they came out as the "Best on Test" in the current Cycling Plus group test of 28mm tyres involving 12 different brands including GP5000, Schwalbe, Vittoria etc . Available in tubeless and clincher format

https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Goodyear/Eagle-F1-Clincher-Road-Tyre/QWZ3
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    Personally I think gp5000 are great. They are fast, offer good puncture resistance, are grippy and comfortable. Although independent tests show others possibly perform better.

I've had the sworks turbo tyres but won't buy them again as they cut up so quickly and just didn't last.

If you're really interested with rolling resistance take a look at this website:
    https://www.bicyclerollingresistance.com/
  • Well I’ve gone and bought the s works turbo sigma sports have got an offer on two 26mm tyres and inner tubes for £60 plus the s works logo on tyre wall looks mint 😃
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    coolio - if these are the ones i'm thinking if they are as light as and get brilliant reviews.

did you go tan wall as your bike is all black for maximum aliness?

#ali
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • No tan wall in stock matt but they’ve got to be lots better than the stock espoir sport the bike came with
  • joe_totale-2
    joe_totale-2 Posts: 1,333
    MattFalle said:

coolio - if these are the ones i'm thinking if they are as light as and get brilliant reviews.

#ali

I think the MF's have got confused with the Turbo Cottons. I've always wanted a pair of them as they're supposed to be super fast and supple but they're super expensive and apparently don't last too long.
  • Yeh I think your right but the s works turbo clincher are actually a little bit lighter than the turbo cottons (tan wall)
  • MattFalle

MattFalle said:

#ali

I think the MF's have got confused with the Turbo Cottons. I've always wanted a pair of them as they're supposed to be super fast and supple but they're super expensive and apparently don't last too long.
    I think Joe is 100% right.

#joeiscorrectMFisabuffoon
  • MattFalle

Yeh I think your right but the s works turbo clincher are actually a little bit lighter than the turbo cottons (tan wall)

oooh. linkie please?