Campag veloce rear derailleur problems

Hi
I have a 10 speed campagnolo veloce grouper and am having shifting problems .it only seems to occur downshifting from 3rd largest cog to 4th largest cog when I am on the large chainwheel. My cassette is 13-26 and chainwheel 50-34.
I also have a medium cage deraileur fitted. I have change all the cables recently as well

Comments

• Bent hanger?
  • chris74
    chris74 Posts: 15
    Possible. But changing works fine in the small chainwheel
  • You dont guess with shifting problems. Check everything.

It could be chain length, chain wear or cassette wear.........
    www.thecycleclinic.co.uk
  • chris74
    Hi I replaced the cassette last week and installed a new campag chain at the same time. The gap between the upper roller and chain is 20mm with 54 outer links. When I tried it with 55 links the chain touched top roller
  • chris74
    Following on is there a way to check if rear der pivots are sticking?
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,926
    Am I missing something here? What exactly doesn't work? Does it not change sprockets at all, skip, not index properly or what?
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • chris74
    It doesn't index properly when downshifting from largest cogs in large chainwheel as though the rd is sticking.
    It works fine on the small chainwheel.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,738
    B-Screw?
    Not sure if that is the right description.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    New chain has less sideways play than the old one, using big/big is trying to pull the chain out of line so it's not happy with an imperfect set up. Little ring gives a better chain line so it's not as fussy. The worn chain was more tolerant of bad chain line and would put less sideways pressure on the back end.
    Something is just a little bit out, check everything as said above. Could still be hanger alignment, adjustment or anything.