FAO V68 - gig alert

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    edited January 2021
    Cargobike said:

I've obviously been spoilt.
    Having seen Minor Threat for the princely sum of $5, paying £140 for the Damned seems a tad expensive.

There's no way I'm paying that to see them...will be trying to see a few others as soon as gigs are back. Hope the Macc Lads tour again sometime soon :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Cargobike
    Cargobike Posts: 748
    The Macc Lads?!!

I used to spend most weekends in Macc, shacked up with a married, older woman, at the height of the Macc Lads, err.... success?!

I wonder what happened to her?

She was a bit of a Charlotte!!

Spent loads of time down at Hectic House records with Muttley. Happy days.
  • Stevo_666
    Not Betty then? :D

Macc Lads are bloody brilliant, saw them a couple of times in the late 80's in a couple of dive pubs then they toured in late 18 so went along for a laugh. Still the same line up and still hilarious.

If you've got any pics of Tristan (as he didn't like to be called) and the lads from those days, please post 'em!
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    In the meantime I'm trying to work out how to stick the footage from that 2018 gig on here. Might have to bung it on YouTube first?
  • Cargobike
    Stevo_666 said:

Macc Lads are bloody brilliant, saw them a couple of times in the late 80's in a couple of dive pubs then they toured in late 18 so went along for a laugh. Still the same line up and still hilarious.

If you've got any pics of Tristan (as he didn't like to be called) and the lads from those days, please post 'em!

:lol:

I own one of those fancy smartphones, camera, video, you name it.

Have I got ant photos on it?

Nothing to speak of, the odd random snap, but nothing of note.

There's not a chance I'd have anything from 30 years ago. Why would you?
  • Stevo_666
    Cargobike said:

Stevo_666 said:

:lol:

I own one of those fancy smartphones, camera, video, you name it.

Have I got ant photos on it?

Nothing to speak of, the odd random snap, but nothing of note.

There's not a chance I'd have anything from 30 years ago. Why would you?
    T'was worth a try - you never know, some people might have got a pic of them with their rock idols :smile: (even in the days when cameras were cameras) and had the pics digitised.

How was Muttley in real life; anything like the public persona or completely different?
  • Cargobike
    Stevo_666 said:

How was Muttley in real life; anything like the public persona or completely different?

Very different tbh.
    Quite unassuming really, bit of a posh boy if anything.

Funny, quick witted, sure.
    Macclesfields answer to Oliver Reed?
    No chance.

• Stevo_666
    Planning ahead a bit...

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Is that in March '22? We should be allowed out by then. I'm game, might take the lad along as my minder :D
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    What happened to the Macc Lads personal friend stuff in the end? Is it in the Tesla?
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Stevo_666

Is that in March '22? We should be allowed out by then. I'm game, might take the lad along as my minder :D

Yep, March '22. We'll have had our senior citizens priority jab by then.
  • veronese68
    Stevo_666 said:

Have you ordered tickets? Think I'll order a couple, if the lad can't make it I'm sure I'll find other takers.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Have you ordered tickets? Think I'll order a couple, if the lad can't make it I'm sure I'll find other takers.
    I'm going to buy mine this weekend, not exactly a rush yet! The usual suspects will be coming on my side including the mad Glaswegian.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Not a gig but a clip of someone from perhaps yourera.
    Plus she is on a bike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khkKfMotNoI&ab_channel=Toyah
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,597
    edited January 2021
    How on Earth can Robert Fripp keep his eyes up?
    Damned near poked my eyes out!
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • veronese68
    Those videos are great, he should probably have been wearing safety glasses though.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Quick update - there's only one ticket type even on sale yet so just holding off till we work out which ones we want - also will need to get the same ones, obviously.
  • veronese68
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Quick update - there's only one ticket type even on sale yet so just holding off till we work out which ones we want - also will need to get the same ones, obviously.
    Ok, keep me posted and I'll get mine when you know which ones.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Ok, keep me posted and I'll get mine when you know which ones.
    Definitely want to go, will let you know when we have booked. No rush and will have a chat with Ron. We'll want standing rather than sitting but need to work out whether level 1 or level 2 is better.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 4,993
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Definitely up for that, it just sounds so decadent in context of this year.
    Met Rat Scabies a few times, turns out he was at school with a few guys I know.

Pretty sure it won't happen this year. And we'd have to be pretty quick booking as I reckon they'll sell out sharpish. Patience needed....
    Damned tickets for Summer '21 selling for £140+ - that's damned expensiv.
    Sorry bit late to this chat....
    Saw Dammed at the Beautiful days fest a couple of years back, were very good. Vanian still got it. Whole 3 day thing was less than that price, and you also got two Levellers sets, James, and a few punk pensioner bands alongside some folkies whining about willow trees. Of the under 40s acts Ezra Furman was stand out best.

I’m really missing sweaty, sticky floor venues, accompanied by a few pints, right now. MM junior’s now stalled career in a band got me right back into live music.
  • Stevo_666
    Mad_Malx said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Pretty sure it won't happen this year. And we'd have to be pretty quick booking as I reckon they'll sell out sharpish. Patience needed....
    Saw Dammed at the Beautiful days fest a couple of years back, were very good. Vanian still got it. Whole 3 day thing was less than that price, and you also got two Levellers sets, James, and a few punk pensioner bands alongside some folkies whining about willow trees. Of the under 40s acts Ezra Furman was stand out best.

I’m really missing sweaty, sticky floor venues, accompanied by a few pints, right now. MM junior’s now stalled career in a band got me right back into live music.
    Luckily I saw them years back when they were more student prices so will not be gutted if I don't see them this time round. Good as they are I'm not paying big band prices for any gig. Much prefer small venues with mosh pits and beer flying around :smile:
  • Mad_Malx
    Stevo_666 said:

Mad_Malx said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Much prefer small venues with mosh pits and beer flying around :smile:
    Absolutely.
  • ballysmate
    Could we have a big BB shout out for the bloke in charge of the aircon.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RUpDslHSLbU
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Big Country Whitby Pavilion this Friday.
    I’m not sure if it will be all seating. However when I said to the missus “Do you think it will all pogoing down the front like last time” what do you mean you and that other bloke” :'(
  • ballysmate
    Saw Big Country at Vicky Hall Hanley in 1980 something. Cracking night.
    Shame about Stuart Adamson.
  • Stevo_666
    I saw them a few years ago at Kentish Town Forum. Very good, even without Adamson.
  • Mad_Malx
    edited August 2021
    Just back from Beautiful Days in Devon.
    Festival camping with overflowing crappers, heavy rain, ankle deep mud and sunburn - loved it.
    James and Levellers were fantastic. Some other excellent newer good punk-folk-ska bands. At 67 Pauline Black still has great voice and moves with The Selecter but although proficient was lacking spark. Similarly From The Jam (Bruce Foxton) really sounds like a good tribute band. Both these really needed a sweaty indoor venue.
    Hated Gary Numan first time round and my opinion hasn’t changed. Much heavier than I expected. Bit surprised he was given a stage at this festival given his unashamed Thatcherite viewpoint.

Stayed out of busy bar areas and enclosed spaces and I’ll discover whether it was a good idea in a few days’ time.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Kingston will be like ghost town!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Too much too old?