Saturday, this must be the in Place.

Morning, back to a cold frosty start, nice to have a ride in the sunshine yesterday though, I have a bit of shopping to do this morning, will have a lunchtime ride weather permitting.
Have a good weekend

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    Snowing here, thin covering on the ground.
    Run planned shortly, possibly a walk later. Need to 3d print a few things too today.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    thistle_ said:

'Ning
    Snowing here, thin covering on the ground.
    Run planned shortly, possibly a walk later. Need to 3d print a few things too today.

Snow forecast later on today for Lincolnshire, let’s hope the met office are wrong again
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Long ish run then a few jobs followed by cider
  • thistle_
    Only a thin covering of snow but quite slippery in places, especially where it's met standing water on the roads 😐

• elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Going for a walk and then it's a day of building wardrobes and cupboards for me.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    Wahey!

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438
    'ning

cold but sunny-ish, salty wet roads

rode up and dow, had coffees, need food before lazing
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    sungod said:

..salty wet roads...

You licked them to see?!

• sungod
    pinno said:

sungod said:

..salty wet roads...

You licked them to see?!

plenty of spray, covered in the stuff, blah
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    No snow here, was a frost but thats gone, supposed to get some to snow later, I doubt that!

Day of lazy today for me, just some odds and ends to do.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Morning campers.
    A white carpet outside, quite picturesque.
    Missus has gone to her mothers. House is temporarily a stress free zone. Won't last.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,321
    A balmy sunny 4 degrees here. Big shop done, bike dropped off at extra grumpy menders. Plenty of chores and exercise to avoid until Margarita o’clock.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed, now wondering what to do next. Reasonably sunny and coldish so take the EPO for a waddle is looking likely. I could walk over to the old dear's later, but that might be better tomorrow as the forecast is worse which would mean fewer phucktards out and about.
    Guy over the road is washing his car, he recently installed CCTV. Forecast is -2 tonight. I think he has a plan to sell footage to You've Been Framed of people going arisovertit outside his place tomorrow morning as the water he's splashing about liberally will freeze overnight. Cunning.
  • veronese68
    seanoconn said:

A balmy sunny 4 degrees here. Big shop done, bike dropped off at extra grumpy menders. Plenty of chores and exercise to avoid until Margarita o’clock.

I could fix your bike and charge you to be grumpy, what's wrong with it?
  • seanoconn
    Slipping gears, clicking bottom bracket. Might need a new cassette. I could fart about with it but I normally end up fraying a cable and making things worse.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

wet, bright, decorating. not exactly rock 'n' roll.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • thistle_
    sungod said:

pinno said:

sungod said:

..salty wet roads...

You licked them to see?!

Do they use the molasses based stuff down there?
    They can't use it round here because as soon as they spread it on the road the sheep eat it.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_east/6317693.stm
  • sungod
    edited January 2021
    thistle_ said:

sungod said:

pinno said:

sungod said:

..salty wet roads...

You licked them to see?!

Do they use the molasses based stuff down there?
    They can't use it round here because as soon as they spread it on the road the sheep eat it.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_east/6317693.stm
    i think so, it's quite persistent, have to hose down the bike to get it off
  • veronese68
    seanoconn said:

Slipping gears, clicking bottom bracket. Might need a new cassette. I could fart about with it but I normally end up fraying a cable and making things worse.

My bottom bracket is clicking and groaning a bit, every year or so I have to strip it out, clean bits and put it back together. Only had to replace it once but it moans a lot. Not sure I can be bothered to do it just yet, if I ride the bike more I'll have to as I hate noises like that.
  • Happy weekend everyone! Did 2 x Zwifts this morning. Had to let the cat in id ride and everything crashed, hence two sessions.

Had half an hour in the sex pool and helping wifey with some work this afternoon.

Beers later!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn

seanoconn said:

My bottom bracket is clicking and groaning a bit, every year or so I have to strip it out, clean bits and put it back together. Only had to replace it once but it moans a lot. Not sure I can be bothered to do it just yet, if I ride the bike more I'll have to as I hate noises like that.
    This is my problem in a nutshell. The bike is perfectly rideable but if something isn’t working perfectly, be it the bike, car, watch etc, I’ll lose all enjoyment and generally have bad feelings towards that object.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,615
    "... but if something isn’t working perfectly, be it the bike, car, watch etc, I’ll lose all enjoyment and generally have bad feelings towards that object."

Does that include Spaffer's gummint?

Late and doggy start, suspect linked to the 8+ units shenanigans last night. Did the old git with crackered knees run equivalent, the brisk walk. Man that wind is cold. Cleared the head though, so result.

Still forecasting snow for tomorrow, which would kybosh planned pootle with #1 Daughter. Tbd
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    seanoconn said:

seanoconn said:

This is my problem in a nutshell. The bike is perfectly rideable but if something isn’t working perfectly, be it the bike, car, watch etc, I’ll lose all enjoyment and generally have bad feelings towards that object.
    this exactly and i'll obsess about it the whole ride and will hate it.

have a random rubbing noise on the S3 that I can't track down and its doing my nut in.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    No snow here, bit of frost on the car was all we had. Been out with hounds, down to the tip, petrol station, supermarket etc. Now working out the replacement for my knackered pond pump. Possibility of a take away this eve, decisions, decisions...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

seanoconn said:

this exactly and i'll obsess about it the whole ride and will hate it.

have a random rubbing noise on the S3 that I can't track down and its doing my nut in.
    It's actually the grinding in your head wondering exactly why you built the thing up.
  • seanoconn
    Just watched a film with a great soundtrack. One tune in particular which I thought must be recent but turns out was from 1973! Focus, Hocus Pocus, bloody awesome.
    https://youtu.be/g4ouPGGLI6Q
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    seanoconn said:

Just watched a film with a great soundtrack. One tune in particular which I thought must be recent but turns out was from 1973! Focus, Hocus Pocus, bloody awesome.
    https://youtu.be/g4ouPGGLI6Q

Prog Rock!
    Jan & Thys.
    Memories of a spotty youth.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,615
    Giving away my age somewhat, whodathunk, saw Focus live in Embra back in the day. Braw.
  • seanoconn
    Respect old guys 👊🏻
  • F'ing HMRC, no wonder everything is sh1t in Westminster.
    Doing wife's tax return for her which is normally ten mins tops.
    Previous year she earned less than 1k so didn't need to do a return but would be de-registered.....
    So, I did one anyway to save the pain of re registering. It deregister anyway. To55ers.
    So try to do the tax return but won't go to the form, only her account. She has UTR etc.
    OK, need to reregister.
    Website says fill in form cwf1 if work is different, so not that one.
    But wait, it says if the work you plan to do is the same, sign into your account. Signed in, still no bloody form but the same message saying "You have no returns to complete"!
    Fuckering useless w@nkers.