friday is but the dream of a tabby

'ning

no rain, colder, not quite as windy

ride, cafes, just one webex, blocked out diary for thinking time, laze

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• I’ve been to put the bin out and it’s cold but no frost and it’s not raining, seems too good to be true.
    Riding out of doors today wuhoo :)

More tea...
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Rest day today and ale later, first time this week 😳
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    edited January 2021
    Morning, frosty but dry with it, it looks like we are going to see some sunshine today, riding outdoors later , some bad news decorating may start next week not looking forward to that.
    Have a good day
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, very still clear and crunchy frost under foot this morning, nice change from the recent sogginess though it is a bit parky.

Friday so usual minimal levels of work to be undertaken.

LD, decorating is always bad, I should probably do some. One of the rooms has been this odd very pale lilac since I moved in really winds up the OH apparently.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,498
    Most of the snow is still here, except the stuff that has melted and frozen overnight.

Zwift with some Australians tonight, methinks.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'ning

Still lots of water everywhere, the thin stuff has frozen which made this morning's run a bit tricky. Nice and clear and sunny at the moment.
    WFH as per usual and nothing else planned.

The drive to the supermarket last night was interesting - effectively only one of the two roads down the valley were open due to flooding, landslides etc. and that road was underwater on one side in several places, with lots of new potholes and stones on the road added into the mix.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Will try and get out on the bicycle today - it's been an age.

Otherwise - wfh.

I have some iberico pork to cook later. A secreto. The best cut of the best pork in the world. Keeping it simple, season, dry fry, finish with butter and a good squeeze of lemon. Not sure yet what to serve with.

Also, I booked a home valet for the car that I'm returning, then that's being collected Monday and replaced with the enormous Chelsea tractor that will actually be a very comfortable electric pussycat for most of its life.

Insurance, parking permit yadda yadda admin yawn.
  • lincolndave
    step83 said:

LD, decorating is always bad, I should probably do some. One of the rooms has been this odd very pale lilac since I moved in really winds up the OH apparently.

I find it very easy to wind the OH up , I’ve been trying to talk her out of it all week, and I’m afraid I have lost.

• lincolndave
    oxoman said:

Morning Workers. Very chilly here and back lanes slippy as. Various minor duties to perform today including mutt to vet, which may be expensive. 🤞🤞 its not.

I hope it’s nothing serious oxoman.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    oxoman said:

Morning Workers. Very chilly here and back lanes slippy as. Various minor duties to perform today including mutt to vet, which may be expensive. 🤞🤞 its not.

Insured?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170

step83 said:

I find it very easy to wind the OH up , I’ve been trying to talk her out of it all week, and I’m afraid I have lost.

Im debtaing getting some tester pots, slapping colours on the wall, leaving them six months an claiming I'm letting them age see what comes out best.

Todays food lesson, don't eat a jaffa cake after a mint viscount, tastes horrible

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Channelled my inner @darkhairedlord and attempted a fix of an old B&W Zeppelin iPod dock. Been sitting in the cupboard for yonks. Known issue with blown power supply capacitors and a fuse usually. Replaced the obvious suspects, but still dead as a dodo. Bin.

Major lack of mojo otherwise for any bike related activity. "Should" have gone for a couple hours pedal today in near-perfect conditions, but just CBA.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Morning all,
    Breakfast done, including daughter spilling a glass of milk over the table, onto the carpet and under my laptap. niiiiice!
    Homemade Cakes, scones, brownies, jam and roddas cream packed and sent to MiL for virtual afternoon tea at the weekend.
    Son still dragging his feet over his school work. Keeps jabbering on about "storm-works" game and what he's going to make, or if he's going to find gold when he goes to the beach later....
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    oxoman said:

Mutt vetted and going back for xray to see what's causing his problem. Hopefully insurance will cover it, problem being it's just up for annual renewal. Suspect it may be expensive if it's what we think. Think of super vet on tv.

Fingers crossed for the mutt Oxo.

Busy morning of calls and random stuff. Noticed last night that the pond pump wasn't going, suspect there was a power surge when they restored the electricity yesterday which might have blown the coil in the pump as the power is still getting to the 'switch box' where you turn the pump on and off. Bu$$er. Fitter from the local aquarium coming to round early next week. At least the fish will be OK for now as its cold.

Onwards to the weekend....
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Ride ridden. Avoided as much gloop as possible. No pics, muddy brown water is boring. Thought I'd ride the river path right into the city centre but way too many walkists out to make it enjoyable. But there is always another option.

Thawing out with a bowl of deep deep soup. One never knows, might have a beer later...
  • hopkinb
    Ride ridden here too. Thought I'd forgotten how, but soon remembered. Not setting any records though...
  • elbowloh
    Still not ridden since i had the off just after chrimbo.

Shoulder still sore when lifting above headheight and can't sleep on that side, but otherwise ok.

Missing being out on the bike, especially as its really nice and sunny outside tight now.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • hopkinb
    elbowloh said:

Missing being out on the bike, especially as its really nice and sunny outside tight now.

Thats what got me out, a bit of sunshine and dryish road.

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Getting out on the bike is good for preserving one's sanity in these times. I always feel much chilled after a good sesh.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    elbowloh said:

Shoulder still sore when lifting above headheight and can't sleep on that side, but otherwise ok.

Not sure if you got it checked out but if its still giving you problems, may be worthwhile. I had a similar problem after a MTB off back in 2017; when I went to the docs I discovered I had ripped a tendon in my rotator cuff.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • elbowloh
    Stevo_666 said:

elbowloh said:

Not sure if you got it checked out but if its still giving you problems, may be worthwhile. I had a similar problem after a MTB off back in 2017; when I went to the docs I discovered I had ripped a tendon in my rotator cuff.
    I only saw the doc about the roadrash that had become infected.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • hopkinb
    Oh. That was superb.

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    A bit meh here.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    I don't suppose there's any left H³, pizza night suddenly looks like a bit of a let down.
    Busy day of WFH, much grief and agg I could have done without. Very glad it's the weekend. Lad went back to Brum. Bo-biked to Euston then got the train. Plod at Euston asked where he was going and why, said heading back to uni to study and they were happy that was good reason to travel. Just as well really.
    Hope you feel better soon Elbow
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    hopkinb said:

Oh. That was superb.

£400 of Wagyu!?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • hopkinb
    edited January 2021

I don't suppose there's any left H³,

Unfortunately not. Each secreto is approx 600g (I cut into 3 to fit in the pans, then sliced before dishing up). The squeeze of lemon at the end makes a lovely citrussy caramelly drizzle for the meat. I served with a fried egg and some winter greens with garlic and a squeeze more lemon. A real Friday treat. Totally delicious.
  • hopkinb
    seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

Oh. That was superb.

£400 of Wagyu!?
    Oh no.

Iberico pata negra secreto.£20.
  • hopkinb
    Looks like wagyu. Tastes as good, if not better.
  • hopkinb
    I got mine from HG Walter, who deliver inside M25. I did a big order. Burger kit, 2kg belly pork on the bone, the secreto and a rack of short ribs to make a ragu tomorrow. I'll stick some pics on as I cook.
  • hopkinb

Pressure cook for an hour with wine, stock, aromatic veg, thyme, bay, good tinned tomatoes. Natural pressure release. Take the meat out, slide off the bones, shred it, put to one side. Reduce the sauce until verr' rich. Add back the shredded meat. Stir. Freeze. Serve with a fresh, wide pasta and grated parmigiano reggiano and a bit of nice olive oil. Happy family in less than 30 minutes on a weeknight.