Thursday, wetter than an otters pocket

Morning, dreadful weather rain , wind, feels colder , even the dog wasn’t to keen on going out this morning, having a coffee wondering what to do today.
Be carful out there
Have a good day

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Meh, mud fest in the woods for the hounds walk.

Work, then a run and watch tv, mmmmm as my Weston cider delivery turns up today I might have some ale
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Drying up here, and forecasting a glimmer of sunshine, fingers x-ed. Coffee on-boarding then get arris up and out. I foresee a whole day of fruit tree pruning ahead. Do not forget the mp3 player...
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    Windy here. Think the rain has stopped and it's forecasting sunshine soon.
    Will hopefully get to take the new running shoes for a, umm, spin? later when the weather's nice.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    orraloon said:

Drying up here, and forecasting a glimmer of sunshine, fingers x-ed. Coffee on-boarding then get arris up and out. I foresee a whole day of fruit tree pruning ahead. Do not forget the mp3 player...

You mean your phone right? Who uses an MP3 players nowadays? They're at the back of the cupboard alongside the Sony Walkman.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    😊 I use this old SanDisk ClipSport, had it for years after getting peed off by the frequency of the costly iPods (remember them?) failing. Cost about £20 I think. Robust as. So when working in dusty / muddy / tech unfriendly conditions, let me think.... the little Sandisk which doesn't care or the expensive phone which will? Phone tends to live in the truck
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    'ning

think the rain stopped, though roads will be wet still

ride, cafe and wfh, laze, maybe carry on bubbly

pondering a progress through a land of sands, dry one but at least it'll be sunny, also one's liver may recover
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, horrible out heavy rain and strong winds overnight has felled some deadwood so normal dog walk route had some obstacles, some already been cleared by do gooders rest are too large FC will be out later to saw them up no doubt.
    Also a lot colder than yesterday which was certainly not appreciated.

Anyway, just plunged the coffee so got some slurping to do loudly over teams conference calls, I can claim its not me as theres some light white noise on the VPN so everyone appears to be talking at once.

We all socially distancing at TLW's later? Cider sampling of course.

Music player wise I use my Garmin watch though it munches rapidly through the battery. No surprise there really, should really get something with a bit more battery life to it but I'm lazy.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,498
    6-8 inches of snow here. Blizzards forecast all day.

Zwift.
  • tlw1
    step83 said:

Music player wise I use my Garmin watch though it munches rapidly through the battery. No surprise there really, should really get something with a bit more battery life to it but I'm lazy.

😂 re cider, I suppose the drive is a public footpath.........

Re: watch music is a killer, mine lasts 80 days in battery saver mode, 60hrs with gps tracking an activity add music it drops to 15hrs!
  • thistle_
    tlw1 said:

Re: watch music is a killer, mine lasts 80 days in battery saver mode, 60hrs with gps tracking an activity add music it drops to 15hrs!

15 hours is adequate for us mortals though.

• thistle_

Zwift.

MTB :D
  • step83
    tlw1 said:

step83 said:

😂 re cider, I suppose the drive is a public footpath.........

Lucky to get 5 days out of my Vivoactive, an thats me being inactive!

An yes long that should work, we could stay in out cars that would help, be warmer than standing around on your driveway.

An what codswallop is this I'm hearing about snow....
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,498
    thistle_ said:

Zwift.

MTB :D
    Too deep. Need a fat bike.
  • tlw1
    thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

15 hours is adequate for us mortals though.

Battery fear will start after 6 hrs though
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    step83 said:

Those kilowatt legs of yours could power... a dynamo.

#jobdidid

@orraloon : done mine 2 weeks ago :)

Blowy and dull here. Some sort of precipitation fell last night; I heard it on the window panes but we're getting the odd ray of sunshine through the dull.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • My Garmin Fenix 5X never seems to need charging.

Northern update, its a bit slushy and some rivers are putting the fear in to low landers.

Anyway, as this is the most active forum, please recommend me a full sleeve merino (or bamboo) base layer that I can order today for delivery tomorrow. Ride is on Saturday and my bases need refreshing.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    @homers_double: https://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-merino-long-sleeve-base-layer-1

Order before ... you know the rest. Wiggle are pretty quick and there are postage options.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    It's quite handy living quite close to the Wiggle warehouse.
    I can pretty much guarantee that if I select the option to collect from the local convenience store, I will get it next morning.

Anyway, bright and sunny here albeit with a white carpet.
    As I am supposed to be away, a trip out for more wine seems to be the order of the day. After all, that is what I would/should have been doing.
  • step83
    pinno said:

step83 said:

Those kilowatt legs of yours could power... a dynamo.

#jobdidid

@orraloon : done mine 2 weeks ago :)

Blowy and dull here. Some sort of precipitation fell last night; I heard it on the window panes but we're getting the odd ray of sunshine through the dull.

probably knocking on 0.6Kw currently, cleared up a little here seems nice got a piano based playlist I made on spotify going.

Pro tip here, when eating the last of the bag of salted pretzels, don't try tipping them down your neck like you would a bag of crisps, I got a mouthful of mainly salt.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Morning.

WFH, feeling better today. Slept better last night and United went top.

My Friday, cooking tuna steaks for dinner. Got new tyres to fit onto the best bike which probably won't see tarmac until April!
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Walked dog, coffee the finished the DIY shelves project.

Miscellaneous other faff this afternoon, including dismantling a Zeppelin speaker to fix the blown power supply. Might leave the actual repair to someone else. Fiddly soldering job...

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    Ben6899 said:

Morning.

...feeling better today... and United went top.

One man's joy is another man's misery.

• elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Just got through the quarterly risk and assurance meeting I have to run with my new director this morning...all went swimmingly. Big relief to be honest.

Putting the boy down for his nap as we speak before making some lunch.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    pinno said:

Ben6899 said:

Morning.

It's like the proverbial elephant perched at the top of a tree. Nobody knows how it got there, but everyone knows it will fall off :smile:

Although we know Ben must be a genuine Man U supporter as he lives in London.

Afternoon all, no snow down here but lots of wind and rain last night. Not sure if the rain was enough to cause the power cut we've had since breakfast time but they're still working on it so no heating, lights or interweb yet today. They promised me I wouldn't need to go down the shop to buy candles....
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Ben6899 said:

Morning.

It's like the proverbial elephant perched at the top of a tree. Nobody knows how it got there, but everyone knows it will fall off :smile:

Afternoon all, no snow down here but lots of wind and rain last night. Not sure if the rain was enough to cause the power cut we've had since breakfast time but they're still working on it so no heating, lights or interweb yet today. They promised me I wouldn't need to go down the shop to buy candles....
    Why are you Chelsea again? 🧐🤷‍♂️
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Ben6899 said:

Morning.

My name has always been Steve :smile: You must be thinking of someone else that you see on the weekends?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    edited January 2021
    Just dropped my son’s iPad off with the local phone fixer guy, could see ££ flashing in his eyes as I described the problem 😕
  • seanoconn
    @hopkinb come back! You don’t have to move, I promise I won’t knock on your door again 😇
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Ben6899 said:

Morning.

My name has always been Steve :smile: You must be thinking of someone else that you see on the weekends?
    I wouldn’t admit to such loathsome depravity either.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Ben6899 said:

Morning.

I wouldn’t admit to such loathsome depravity either.
    Why, don't you think we can keep a secret on here? o:)