Scott Addict 20 Disc - Thoughts???

Looking at getting a new road bike once the supply chain starts to normalize again and have a few bikes on my short list. The bikes I'm looking at all seem to be on the more aggressive side of an Endurance geometry and all seem to be getting good reviews from those who are familiar with them.

The 3 bikes on my short list are the Canyon Endurace CL 7.0 Disc, Giant Defy Advanced 2 Disc and the Scott Addict 20 Disc. Review & Feedback of the Scott are limited, so if anyone can chime in and give me their thoughts on how they believe the Scott compares the the Giant & Canyon, I'll all ears...

Comments

• daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    I don't have that specific Addict, but do have it's predecessor the CR1 SL, and also a 2018 Foil.

Both bikes are fantastic, the Foil more so. So comfortable, and fits me perfectly, perhaps it just suits my proportions.
    What I would suggest you do, if you are on facebook, is join a group called:
    Scott Foil, Scott Addict and Plasma Owners Club (Worldwide)

You'll get a ton of feedback on there really fast.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • I'm surprised the Addict is labelled as aggressive "endurance"? I though geometry was outright race? At least the one I used to have was- in fact, the geometry between my old gen 1 Foil and Addict were almost identical. Maybe they tweaked the geometries lately, I dunno?

If it's more an aggressive endurance f&f you're after, would Synapse also fit the bill?
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    edited January 2021

I'm surprised the Addict is labelled as aggressive "endurance"? I though geometry was outright race? At least the one I used to have was- in fact, the geometry between my old gen 1 Foil and Addict were almost identical. Maybe they tweaked the geometries lately, I dunno?

If it's more an aggressive endurance f&f you're after, would Synapse also fit the bill?

They are pretty forgiving these days pippi, even the 2018 Foil is more comfy than my 2012 CR1 (Both are HMX), so presumably the Addict has to be even more comfortable, maybe akin to an armchair. Climbing is meant to be incredible, and the Foil is no slouch.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    I have the same CR1 as Dan as well as CAAD and Cervelo R5 if I was looking for a new bike it would be Scott or CAAD hands down
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    I could be wrong but the Scott Addict and Scott addict endurance are two different bikes.
    I have a 2017 Scott Solace 20 disc which was the forerunner of the Addict Endurance as far as I know.
    Supremely comfortable.
  • I could be wrong but the Scott Addict and Scott addict endurance are two different bikes.
    I have a 2017 Scott Solace 20 disc which was the forerunner of the Addict Endurance as far as I know.
    Supremely comfortable.

Oh, blimey. So they have too! That figures then...