Drinks have been declared early Wednesday

Slack day, bit of taxi duty this morning, and a lazy afternoon pottering in the shed. Knocked off a bit early because G&T on the balcony were announced.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning , wet ,windy, mild, dog walked, a rear visit into the city this morning, dentist appointment, pick up new sunglasses ,indoor cycling later
    Have a good day
  • lincolndave

Slack day, bit of taxi duty this morning, and a lazy afternoon pottering in the shed. Knocked off a bit early because G&T on the balcony were announced.

You cannot beat a G&T on a nice sunny day

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,615
    Sunglasses LD? You heading for WS's part of the world?

Awake early (for me that is) on a non work work day, especially as Stormy Daniels promises to pee it down all day. Only highlight is possible gauntlet run into the plague zone supermarket, see if I can scavenge any fresh fruit in this Brexsh*t world. Happy days.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Massive case of CBA this morning. Not sure how I can explain that one to the boss.
    Might cancel the order for my running shoes and buy elsewhere if they still haven't been dispatched today. A week to post something that's advertised as shipped same day, in stock and no covid related delays is taking the wee wee I think.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    thistle_ said:

Massive case of CBA this morning. Not sure how I can explain that one to the boss.
    Might cancel the order for my running shoes and buy elsewhere if they still haven't been dispatched today. A week to post something that's advertised as shipped same day, in stock and no covid related delays is taking the wee wee I think.

Just buy another pair and these will turn up when the new ones wear out
  • tlw1
    I also CBA today, nice but very damp walk with the hounds.

Work stuff, then meant to do a 3hr run, but sore neck so might give it a miss
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Hola
    I also tend to wake early for no good reason. Half five tends to be the usual time. The MIL has actually got an appointment to see a real live doctor this afternoon :o so fingers crossed'
    Good luck with the visit to the supermarket Loon, where people consider a face mask to have the same benefit as a hazmat suit.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438
    'ning

forecast twenty-four hours of ming, disinclined to ride

cafe stroll, get webexes out of way while it rains, later much bubbly to celebrate the expulsion of the sulker in chief, he makes nixon look classy
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • lincolndave
    edited January 2021
    orraloon said:

Sunglasses LD? You heading for WS's part of the world?

I wish I was heading towards some sunshine orraloon, these are new prescription sun glasses, my eyes have deteriorated over the past two years
    Old age I’m afraid to say
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Morning all. Half the COVID tent blew away some time after 1am so at least the clanging and scraping of tent polls stopped. Wet, windy, knees sore, meh 😑
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn

Slightly jealous.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Meanwhile in blighty, sideways rain and strong winds temps a barmy 9c

Dog walked, an dried coffee brewed and work has begun, slight feeling of groundhog day occurring.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172

2 G&Ts?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Christ, mine's a single malt.

Slept about 2hrs last night.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

2 G&Ts?
    Can’t stand gin. Yuck
  • step83
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

2 G&Ts?
    Can’t stand gin. Yuck
    I can join you in your distain for it. Guy I work with loves the stuff, obviously he is ribbed whenever possible for having a girly drink (he likes pink gin). I'll stick with Rum an Whiskey I think, bit early for some though at the moment.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199

You cannot beat a sunny day

FTFY

I never liked gin until as a student. I worked in a Cocktail bar.
    [Never did get to make any proper Cocktails].
    Boss was meticulous. Getting Gin off a (warm) optic with couple of miserable cubes of ice floating in it in a wine glass with the wrong ratio of Gin to tonic is vile. If this is your experience of Gin, then little wonder you don't like it.

First you need a slim Jim - ice to the brim. Then the Gin is poured over the ice - this is critical to releasing the aromas and then your tonic (which, given the volume of ice, is about 3 parts tonic to 1 part Gin).
    Alternatively, a Gin Rickey:
    Crushed Ice, freshly squeezed Lemon juice, Gin, Club soda.

Anyways, not much precipitation here. Quite calm really.

More schooling with Toots.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Ben6899 said:

:/
    House move?

• Ben6899
    pinno said:

FTFY

Boss was meticulous. Getting Gin off a (warm) optic with couple of miserable cubes of ice floating in it in a wine glass with the wrong ratio of Gin to tonic is vile. If this is your experience of Gin, then little wonder you don't like it.

First you need a slim Jim - ice to the brim. Then the Gin is poured over the ice - this is critical to releasing the aromas and then your tonic (which, given the volume of ice, is about 3 parts tonic to 1 part Gin).

Needs to be good gin as well; not the kind of stuff you'd throw on a failing barbecue.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
  • Ben6899
    edited January 2021

Ben6899 said:

House move?

House move
    Work
    Vaccinations/pandemic

And then throw in the physical factors! Noise from the wind and I veered from decaf tea to normal for my evening brew...

Onwards and upwards though.

I'm fortunate to be in a house-moving/buying position
    I have a job

Need to turbo, drink decaf and wear earplugs tonight!
    Ben

• step83
    pinno said:

FTFY

Excuse me while I crack open a can of fosters in protest :D
  • thistle_
    Ben6899 said:

Ben6899 said:

House move?

I have a job

You also got 2 hours sleep, which is better than 1 or none :smile:

• tlw1
    Ben6899 said:

Ben6899 said:

House move?

House move
    Work
    Vaccinations/pandemic

And then throw in the physical factors! Noise from the wind and I veered from decaf tea to normal for my evening brew...

I have a job

Control the controllable and the other stuff, put out of your mind whilst you turbo and then you will be too exhausted to worry
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    tlw1 said:

Ben6899 said:

Ben6899 said:

House move?

House move
    Work
    Vaccinations/pandemic

I have a job

Control the controllable and the other stuff, put out of your mind whilst you turbo and then you will be too exhausted to worry
    ^^ This.

And yeah, decaf helps... :)
  • Ben6899
    Sound advice, gents. Thank you.

Back to the drinks...
    Ben

• ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Any of you home schooling, here's something to demonstrate a scientific phenomenon

• lincolndave
    Stevo_666 said:

2 G&Ts?
    I forgot to mention three or four Stevo

• thistle_
    tlw1 said:

thistle_ said:

Just buy another pair and these will turn up when the new ones wear out
    Shoes have been re-ordered from a better known outfit for an extra £8, but with free next day delivery.
    Will be interesting to see if the others turn up, and if I end up paying for them as the pending amount has disappeared from my credit card.
  • thistle_
    Fook me it's a bit wet out there.
    Got to the end of a road and there was about 6 inches of water at the junction, lapping at someone's front door so had to go back and find another way.
    It's half way up a hill, but must be a flat spot in the road.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Evening folks,
    Busy day of wfmh, working from mum's house that is. Took the laptop over there so she's got a bit of company at least. She manages to sleep in her armchair even if I'm in Teams meetings. She got her appointment to be jabbed on Sunday which is good news.
    Being Wednesday I will be having a drink tonight, beer for me. I like to keep things simple like me 😁