Rear camera, which ?

I own a Virb Elite but I'm after a rear facing camera that will interact with my Virb and 810 any idea's ?. I was rear ended by a car 4 years ago and badly injured and I've struggled to keep on the roads with confidence. I did consider the radar but I read they can be too sensitive so I thought they might add to my already high anxiety

Comments

• rafletcher
    rafletcher Posts: 1,235
    Cycliq Fly 6 - although the backlog on orders is now to May 2021 (for my order for a Gen 3 placed on 29/11/20)
  • Jees, too long of a wait for me. I'm assigning myself to buying a camera that doesn't link into my Garmin setup so something cheap n cheerful would suffice.
    Are any of these bullet cameras around £30 any good ?
  • I had a bullet camera a couple of months ago. I sent it back, the quality of the recording was rubbish.
  • banditvic
    banditvic Posts: 549
    The Radar is brilliant would definitely recommend, but like everything else not cheap at the moment.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    I have the cycliq 6 (the original), to go with the Cycliq 12 Ce up front, so not sure about it's compatibility with Virb. I think it is compatible with my 820, but i don't link them, only to my phone.

The video quality is ok. The boon for me is 1) it's integrated with the light, so only one thing to take on/put on and 2) most people don't know its a camera.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • ibr17xvii
    ibr17xvii Posts: 1,065
    edited January 2021
    I've tried a fair few cameras but keep going back to my GoPro.

Although they can be expensive (look for older models on eBay or alike) & the battery life isn't great for image quality & ease of use it's pretty unbeatable.

Won't integrate but for me at least it's price worth paying.

The Garmin Varia Radar is superb although obviously not a camera.
  • I've just go a drift xl which seems to work well (good quality video) and has a 9 hour battery life. Has the standard screw thread for mounting so assume you could get a suitable mount. I bought mine from Ali Express but shipped from France. If you do this now probably be caught by import/duty/admin charges as one of the many benefits of brexit :-(