favero assioma

Has anyone real life experience with these? Going by reviews, price (500 quid direct from Favero) they seem almost too good to be true!

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,700
    I have 3 sets, one Duo and 2 Unos. That should tell you my opinion of them...
  • crossed
    crossed Posts: 237
    paxterg said:

Has anyone real life experience with these? Going by reviews, price (500 quid direct from Favero) they seem almost too good to be true!

Is that price not +tax and import duty?
  • paxterg
    paxterg Posts: 18
    No vat / tax or import duty to north ireland, £499. 200 quid cheaper than sigma sport
  • dowtcha
    dowtcha Posts: 442
    paxterg said:

No vat / tax or import duty to north ireland, £499. 200 quid cheaper than sigma sport

That can't be right. If they don't charge on their side surly there will be import duties.
  • ibr17xvii
    ibr17xvii Posts: 1,065
    https://cycling.favero.com/shop

Never had a power meter before so 364.75 Euros for the single sided is really tempting to dip my toe in the water.

Can't see how there wouldn't be any additional charges on top of that though.
  • paxterg
    paxterg Posts: 18
    No import tax from Italy to NI
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    paxterg said:

Sigma is also shockingly expensive for everything.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152
    I've got the duo's. Got them for £550 online (had a dcrainmaker code for 10% off).
    They've been superb, my only issue is the horrible look cleats. Shimano are so much better
  • joe2019
    joe2019 Posts: 1,338
    edited January 2021
    I have 50,000 miles on a pair of Favero Bepro's since 2016 and have had zero issues with them, no power spikes and no drop-outs, the are incredibly reliable.

I have recently got a pair of Assimoa'a for a new bike, and through six months of daily use I can say that they seem just as reliable as the Bepro's without the clumsy installation.

Go for it, you will never regret it, I'd put money on that.
  • ibr17xvii
    paxterg said:

No import tax from Italy to NI

That won't apply to the UK though I don't think.

Still tempting even with fees added on. You very rarely hear anything negative about these.
  • dowtcha
    Price is 695 euro on their site.
  • ibr17xvii
    dowtcha said:

Not on the link I posted above.
  • mr_mojo
    mr_mojo Posts: 200
    I’ve got the Assioma Duo’s, had them for nearly 3 years and had no issues with them at all. I swap them between several bikes so they’re perfect for that. I’ve always used Look pedals and use genuine Look cleats with them again with no issues.
  • dowtcha
    ibr17xvii said:

dowtcha said:

Not on the link I posted above.
    It's 695 when I click on the link because I am in the Rep of Ireland. It checks your location from your IP address. I think all countries in the single market will be 695.
    The price is taxfree for mainland UK, customs will be paid when imported or be collected by the delivery company. Northern Ireland is still in the single market but their site might think its mainland UK so the price been displayed is minus the Tax.

• Got Duos and love them.

Only wish I could find the Xpedo Thrust base pedal model they use, as they're so much better than the utter Shi'ite that are Look Keo's. Be nice to have the same pedal body across the board for when I don't want/ need to swap them over. They do exist, bit they're expensive...
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    edited January 2021

Got Duos and love them.

Only wish I could find the Xpedo Thrust base pedal model they use, as they're so much better than the utter Shi'ite that are Look Keo's. Be nice to have the same pedal body across the board for when I don't want/ need to swap them over. They do exist, bit they're expensive...

I bought a set of xpedo thrust pedals from bike24 but was really disappointed as even though they are what the assiomas are based on and use the same cleats, the cleats did not feel as secure in the pedal and there was a noticeable clicking when clipped in - not that my foot ever unclipped unintentionally, but was enough for me to send them back and look for an alternative. After much trying I actually find the cheap wellgo range the most similar. Bought these last year (for a much cheaper price) and they are brilliant and feel identical to my faveros:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07BQLDSM4/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_N0abGbYRNP6P3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

• redvision said:

Got Duos and love them.

I bought a set of xpedo thrust pedals from bike24 but was really disappointed as even though they are what the assiomas are based on and use the same cleats, the cleats did not feel as secure in the pedal and there was a noticeable clicking when clipped in - not that my foot ever unclipped unintentionally, but was enough for me to send them back and look for an alternative. After much trying I actually find the cheap wellgo range the most similar. Bought these last year (for a much cheaper price) and they are brilliant and feel identical to my faveros:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07BQLDSM4/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_N0abGbYRNP6P3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Interesting. Will take a look, ta