Friday, it’s now or never

Morning, freezing out very slippery under foot , easy day again, indoor cycling for sure
Have a good day

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    Thanks for the ice warning, might delay running until later. Need to go out to the shop in any case.
    Usual WFH today, or trying to at least.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,437
    'ning

stopped raining, but cold

ride, cafe wfh, some bubbly

must drop hint to mrs s that the orangettes are depleted
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,613
    Dry here as well. Forecast was correct. Work work day: includes planting a load of 200cm root balled yew trees, a good thing to do on a day when max temp due to be 2c. A rewarding beer or 2 to come this evening methinks. Enjoy your 'work' you desk jockeys. 😉
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Not frozen enough though as the mud in the woods was still at epic levels.

Yeah Friday which means WFH followed by erm staying in
  • thistle_
    tlw1 said:

Has your pub been forced to shut too?
  • thistle_
    orraloon said:

Dry here as well. Forecast was correct. Work work day: includes planting a load of 200cm root balled yew trees, a good thing to do on a day when max temp due to be 2c. A rewarding beer or 2 to come this evening methinks. Enjoy your 'work' you desk jockeys. 😉

Tbh sounds more fun and rewarding than driving a desk all day.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Just got to hang around for a man to deliver something the going to head out for a ride.

Looks alright tbh out there but its bound to start raining/snowing/winding the minute I get the bike out

#sod'slaw
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • thistle_
    MattFalle said:

Looks alright tbh out there but its bound to start raining/snowing/winding the minute I get the bike out

Those new bars of yours will slice through all that and you won't feel a thing.

• tlw1
    thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

Has your pub been forced to shut too?
    It’s in the sun room and ironically colder than the wife
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Today will be spent googling how to clean oil from a leather sofa. I accidentally lobbed a punnet of olives at devil child’s head yesterday. In hindsight an axe would have made less mess.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    thistle_ said:

MattFalle said:

Those new bars of yours will slice through all that and you won't feel a thing.

Will be taking the S3 out as Soloist is so covered in schizer from yesterday's ride I don't even want to look at it at the mo'.

The new 'bars as good though - stiff, comfy, look smart with the SuperHero (TM) stem - combo v recommended.

#comfyandstiff
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,197
    AutoGlym Leather cleaner @seanoconn .
    (Silly to waste good Olives though).

Very very very grey here. No wind. No frost. No sun. No colour. It's like the concentration of meh.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    seanoconn said:

Today will be spent googling how to clean oil from a leather sofa. I accidentally lobbed a punnet of olives at devil child’s head yesterday. In hindsight an axe would have made less mess.

:D

#middleclasschildbattering
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

Preposterous. What makes you think Seano is middle class?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

I used to work on the basis that children are like farts, as you can just about stand your own. Clearly that doesn't apply here, but I can sympathise with the sentiment :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Decided to work in the lounge for bit to get a change of scenery. Will run round the 'burbs later on before cider o'clock. Exciting stuff.
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

I used to work on the basis that children are like farts, as you can just about stand your own. Clearly that doesn't apply here, but I can sympathise with the sentiment :)
    Yep, that one isn’t mine. Strangely he’s an angel when his mum isn’t about.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    pinno said:

Very very very grey here. No wind. No frost. No sun. No colour. It's like the concentration of meh.

Yup should emulsify the olive juice.

Also highly grey here with added greyness from the roads an some light mist. No ice though, woof has been walked coffee drunk during walk and now again playing around with Flexera and telling people off.
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

My wife insists we live a middle class lifestyle on my working class salary, does that count?
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

Thanks 👍
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

My wife insists we live a middle class lifestyle on my working class salary, does that count?
    Working class salaries aren't always that bad.

• secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    seanoconn said:

Mmmmm, olives, must add some to my food order.
    Today will be spent indoors, recovering. Like the day before, and every day since mid-December, when my daughter kindly shared you-know-what with me.

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • pinno
    secretsam said:

seanoconn said:

Today will be spent indoors, recovering. Like the day before, and every day since mid-December, when my daughter kindly shared you-know-what with me.
    Who the farq are you?!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

:)

He reached for something to luzz at a misbehaving kid, and it wasn't a heavy glass ashtray, remote control or can of Scrumpy Jack. The item that came to hand was a punnet of olives. Pretty conclusive.

Leather sofa could also be suggestive, but not if it's one of those big blowsy ones from DFS, and it certainly must not be one that reclines. That would cancel out the olives.

On the subject of olives, my local Indian takeaway do a dish that sounds delicious on the menu, but when it turns up, it has half a can of unadvertised olives in it. About every 2 years, we forget, and order, and have to spend time picking them all out. Olives in a curry. Why would they do such a thing?
  • seanoconn
    secretsam said:

seanoconn said:

Eeek! Masks on 😷 Hope you’re on the mend Sam.
  • tlw1
    hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

He reached for something to luzz at a misbehaving kid, and it wasn't a heavy glass ashtray, remote control or can of Scrumpy Jack. The item that came to hand was a punnet of olives. Pretty conclusive.

Leather sofa could also be suggestive, but not if it's one of those big blowsy ones from DFS, and it certainly must not be one that reclines. That would cancel out the olives.

On the subject of olives, my local Indian takeaway do a dish that sounds delicious on the menu, but when it turns up, it has half a can of unadvertised olives in it. About every 2 years, we forget, and order, and have to spend time picking them all out. Olives in a curry. Why would they do such a thing?
    😂 obviously bar the scrumpy
  • tlw1
    secretsam said:

seanoconn said:

Glad you are on the mend
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    MF will the photos of the Solist be on today ?
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

Good point about the olives as his weapon of choice H3. I shall now have to readjust my mental image of Seano away from 'One Punch Mickey' in Snatch.
  • pinno
    edited January 2021
    It's a good job or else it would be 'Who the farq was he?!'.