Shimano A070 rear derailleur spring

Hello Everyone, I'm new to this site and I'm in desperate need of your help. I don't know how but the small spring, the one that has an eyelet at one end and the other end has a hook, has come off my rear derailleur and i have no idea where each end is supposed to fasten to. I'm new to road bikes and cycling in general and I've been using my bike on a trainer since it's been so cold out. Could anyone please help me with this? Thanks

Comments

• flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    Pictures would help, however if the spring has come off I think you've probably got other issues with the RD, something is broken I'd say, good news is a new A070 RD is cheap!
  • Hello and thank you for your help. I don't have a lot of money to spend, but I also can't afford to have something else go wrong with it. Could you recommend a step up from the A070? Thank you
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    As your RD is 7 speed, I think that your only choice is the A070 RD.

Plenty of RD reading to be had here:

https://forum.bikeradar.com/discussion/13084278/problems-with-rear-mechs/p1
  • Once again I'd like to thank you for your help, I really appreciate it. I had been hoping that there would have been some other choices for my rear derailleur, but I guess not. Thanks again