wednesday is insubstantial

'ning

cold, soggy, gloomy

maybe ride, coffee, wfh, hibernate

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, the frost is back ,cold wind as well, easy day cycle early relax later
    The weather does not look to good for next week
    Have a good day
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning early birds.

Woke up early but decided to stay in bed. The forecast heavy rain hasn't showed up so might regret that decision later when I need to go out.

WFH as per usual today. Threats of an online gym class later.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Early ish alarm to walk hounds and fit 8 mile run in was wasted as too muddy/slow to fit it in, so run after work and longer walk for the hounds
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Breakfast, cappuccino, take bairn to nursery, WFH, pick up bairn, dinner for bairn, bairn to bed, our dinner, bed.

That is my weekday life for what's seems ages and will continue for a while.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning no sign of frost here just lingering drizzle like mist. Sparky is due imminently to fit an external socket so I can blag some not doing any work till he's finished.
    Not a great deal else going on today, must get the coffee done before he starts though.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Work meh, rain till 6pm tomorrow, January, bored. Could eat myself into oblivion quite easily. Freezing cold work gym beckons.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    edited January 2021
    Do you clean Gym's for a living Seano?

Embrace it Elbow. 'If life ain't messy, you ain't livin''

'Orrible, 'orrible here. Wet and dark and damp.
    Rollers maybe.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

Rollers maybe.

I’ve commandeered a room at work for my weights, bench, squat rack etc under the guise that these sweaty apparatus can be shared by all. The b@stards better not try it! The sparkies took out the only socket to the room after I left the heater on over the weekend and nearly burnt the place down. Hence freezing.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Rollers maybe.

I’ve commandeered a room at work for my weights, bench, squat rack etc under the guise that these sweaty apparatus can be shared by all. The b@stards better not try it! The sparkies took out the only socket to the room after I left the heater on over the weekend and nearly burnt the place down. Hence freezing.
    Buy some dumbells and do it in the comfort of your own home Seano.

Another day in 'the box', although being outside doesn't really appeal today. Quite busywork-wise now and the stupid requests are ramping up a bit: I may start deploying sarcasm later on.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    Stevo_666 said:

Quite busywork-wise now and the stupid requests are ramping up a bit: I may start deploying sarcasm later on.

I tried that yesterday after getting copied in on a long email chain about something insignificant. I'm still getting copied in on the replies.

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Rollers maybe.

just whank lots to warm up.

#sorted
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    Ciao ragazzi

Well, morning tab tabbed (10k with 20kg), front mech on Soloist sorted (was 2mm to high so wouldn't work - took friend with fresh pair of eyes 30 secs to spot it).

Just having a coffee and a protein shake then will head out for 45 minute leg stretch on the bike.

#spinny,notfast
  • Stevo_666
    thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

Quite busywork-wise now and the stupid requests are ramping up a bit: I may start deploying sarcasm later on.

I tried that yesterday after getting copied in on a long email chain about something insignificant. I'm still getting copied in on the replies.

I find the best way is to ask one of my lot to reply without me on copy and that way most people don't even notice that you're gone.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Was an ok day till about an hour ago.

Did the usual stuff, nice walk this arvo and a lovely dinner at home. Message pings in from one of my very best and oldest friends to tell me her husband is in hospital after a series of minor strokes.

Feckit.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Home gym session today followed by WFH followed by an early night.

Then rinse and repeat tomorrow.

21st wedding anniversary on Friday so working from hot tub most of the day, with prosecco on the side.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn

Did the usual stuff, nice walk this arvo and a lovely dinner at home. Message pings in from one of my very best and oldest friends to tell me her husband is in hospital after a series of minor strokes.

Feckit.

Sorry WS. Hope he recovers the best he can.
  • MattFalle
    seanoconn said:

Feckit.

Sorry WS. Hope he recovers the best he can.
    Same from these valleys here - best wishes
  • MattFalle
    30k, couple of stops to adjust saddle height, levers, rear mech needs a tweek but basically 95% there. Another ride or two and I'll ask an MF to put some handlebar tape on it.
  • lincolndave
    MattFalle said:

30k, couple of stops to adjust saddle height, levers, rear mech needs a tweek but basically 95% there. Another ride or two and I'll ask an MF to put some handlebar tape on it.

No photos of the soloist MF?
  • thistle_

Message pings in from one of my very best and oldest friends to tell me her husband is in hospital after a series of minor strokes

Sorry to hear about that, hope he's ok.

• Stevo_666

Feckit.

That is sh1t new WS. Hope the reports are correct that these are minor strokes as people can recover from them.
  • Note to self - Zwifting in the kitchen with the wood burner going is not a good idea.
    On a plus, that much heat has just gone out of the door I doubt it’ll freeze tonight
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • MattFalle

MattFalle said:

let me get some 'tape on it then they'll be on their way - Friday if the light is suitable?
  • MattFalle
    in the meantime have some of this to get you moist in anticipation

• lincolndave
    MattFalle said:

let me get some 'tape on it then they'll be on their way - Friday if the light is suitable?

Looking forward to it.
  • seanoconn
    MattFalle said:

in the meantime have some of this to get you moist in anticipation

Mmmm nipple
  • MattFalle

MattFalle said:

Looking forward to it.
    I may even make them arty. They’ll probably be rubbish, but let’s see what happens.

• tlw1
    MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

Now you have been asked for pictures does that mean you will disappear from the forum?
  • tlw1

Feckit.

😢 my FIL had the same and has recovered
  • MattFalle
    tlw1 said:

MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

Now you have been asked for pictures does that mean you will disappear from the forum?
    Nah. You're stuck with me. I'll just get some off the internet and say they are mine.

Unless you want me to, sniff sniff, go.....

#unwanted