tuesday calculating the pineapple's hamiltonian

'ning

a bit milder, though soggy

ride, coffee, hose off salt and cack, more coffee, wfh, laze, back on bubbly oo
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, wet ,milder though, busy day again, so much for semi retirement, will probably get on the trainer later
    Have a good day
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    Walk, WFH, run, more WFH.
    That's the plan anyway.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Walked hounds, then gentle run now work stuff
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,197
    Foggy and dank here.

Have to bundle the rugrats in the car and go food shopping - early, before the lurgy carrying hoards.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

Foggy and dank here.

Have to bundle the rugrats in the car and go food shopping - early, before the lurgy carrying hoards.

Can you get me my standard shopping list, some Earl grey tea, cider and oranges?

It is absolutely clear why the current wife doesn’t send me shopping
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Pandemonium in the streets this morning as the Army were completely overwhelmed by a superior force of dithering coffin dodgers, descending in the local GP’s surgery for vaccinations.

Nuke the f*ckers I say.

On the plus side, it appears shower gel was making me itchy and I’m not dying from liver disease as google informed me.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    V early start, for me that is. Had to collect daughter from garage in neighbouring town as in these times they ain't doing courtesy cars while one's vehicule is in for service. Driving in the dark! Gosh.

Back for breakfast and coffee #2 before off to what promises to be a soggy if rel short day of work work. Still, more fun than a tax return.
  • thistle_
    orraloon said:

V early start, for me that is. Had to collect daughter from garage in neighbouring town as in these times they ain't doing courtesy cars while one's vehicule is in for service. Driving in the dark! Gosh.

I usually stick a bike in the boot and cycle back :wink:
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    19 miles away. Serves her right for having a Beemer. Might suggest she get waterproofed up and go do the collection... 😉
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    seanoconn said:

Pandemonium in the streets this morning as the Army were completely overwhelmed by a superior force of dithering coffin dodgers, descending in the local GP’s surgery for vaccinations.

Nuke the f*ckers I say.

On the plus side, it appears shower gel was making me itchy and I’m not dying from liver disease as google informed me.

After what you drank over Xmas I'm surprised Seano :)

Another WFH, not too bothered as it's pretty horrible outside. Got a recall letter about the car, apparently something on the software needs sorting. Service is due next month so will wait until then on the basis that I haven't died yet.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    WFH, rest day, hot bath with Radox

Woke up at 5am from a very bad dream. Holy shite, lads. :'(
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Nuke the f*ckers I say.

Another WFH, not too bothered as it's pretty horrible outside. Got a recall letter about the car, apparently something on the software needs sorting. Service is due next month so will wait until then on the basis that I haven't died yet.
    /unless it needs cleaning
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, not foggy, but soggy with further soggy predicted, everyone at work seems to be hyping up some rubbish about bad weather next week, as in heavy snow.

Its not going to stop them coming to work an they are aware well in advance so I'm not sure why they are panicking.

Anyway OH took the hound for a stroll so I've been left to get on with some tasks, grind more coffee, re sync the stereo to the WiFi, stereos done, even talks to the speakers again.
    Tip don't update the Firmware unless you have to. Onto coffee bean grinding then be bored with work.
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

Foggy and dank here.

Can you get me my standard shopping list, some Earl grey tea, cider and oranges?

I could double up on the Earl Grey and Oranges as it's my forte and I could get that past the OH but the cider would be tricky.
    You need to be a little more understanding after Turkey gate - I mean, at least she tried to get it home.
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

Service is due next month so will wait until then on the basis that I haven't died yet.

It's a useless bloody thing. Smash it up, set alight to it and chuck it in the neighbours garden.

• pinno
    Ben6899 said:

R&R mate. Breathe.
  • pinno
    More schooling. I hate it.
  • thistle_
    step83 said:

Tip don't update the Firmware unless you have to.

Installed a service pack for some software yesterday to fix some problems, and now it doesn't work at all.
    The vacuum cleaner has some new firmware available apparently. Will see what benefits it brings before attempting that.
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

pinno said:

Foggy and dank here.

I could double up on the Earl Grey and Oranges as it's my forte and I could get that past the OH but the cider would be tricky.
    You need to be a little more understanding after Turkey gate - I mean, at least she tried to get it home.
    I thought she left it in the car?
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    thistle_ said:

step83 said:

Installed a service pack for some software yesterday to fix some problems, and now it doesn't work at all.
    The vacuum cleaner has some new firmware available apparently. Will see what benefits it brings before attempting that.
    What kind of vacuum cleaner needs a firmware update! My Dyson just works no computer required.
  • seanoconn
    Ben6899 said:

Acht, Herr Ben take a sitz. I understand you'fe been hafing some troubling dreams ofv late. Int your own time tell us about der dream, how it made you feel ahnd vhat you sink it meant?
  • thistle_
    step83 said:

thistle_ said:

step83 said:

What kind of vacuum cleaner needs a firmware update! My Dyson just works no computer required.
    The kind for lazy people: https://us.roborock.com/pages/roborock-s5
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    WFH.

spent the morning dealing with broadband providers...

Ordered Virgin cable and TV in November. Due to be installed 9th December. since then i've had 6 pre-install teams come out to pull the cable, but with no success, because there is a blockage. Why they keep sending the team out without clearing the blockage I don't know. They've also sent the installation engineer to my house 3 times, but they can't do anything as there is no cable!

Try contacting virgin by phone, probably about 10 times, each time getting put in a queue for 30 mins to an hour before being cut off. I have never been able to speak to anyone. Try the online chat and in spite of their "aim to respond in 4 hours" it often takes 3-4 days for a response. All they can say is we're sorry, we understand you're frustrated and ring this number, don't worry, they will sort you out. It's the number i;ve been trying to ring for weeks without success. So i've cancelled. the cancellation team were very easy to contact and did the job in minutes.

I've since ordered BT fibre, only to discover that they can't install it until 24th sodding March.

I do have regular internet with NowTV, but boy is it shite. Barely get 9mbps and often dropping off completely for hours. I live within the M25 ffs, not say Mull.

Wouldn't be so bad if my 4g worked, but it doesn't. No one here can even get a phone signal indoors let alone internet. This is inspite of EE saying on their signal checker that this postcode is fine and even when i contact them to tell them it's shite, they insist there is nothing wrong. It's not just me, wife's phone is the same, as are neighbours.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    seanoconn said:

Ben6899 said:

Acht, Herr Ben take a sitz. I understand you'fe been hafing some troubling dreams ofv late. Int your own time tell us about der dream, how it made you feel ahnd vhat you sink it meant?

I didn't know you could speak German, Seano
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • thistle_
    elbowloh said:

Wouldn't be so bad if my 4g worked, but it doesn't. No one here can even get a phone signal indoors let alone internet. This is inspite of EE saying on their signal checker that this postcode is fine and even when i contact them to tell them it's shite, they insist there is nothing wrong. It's not just me, wife's phone is the same, as are neighbours.

There's a similar problem in town, people constantly complaining that they can't get 4G signal in and around the town centre. EE, Voda etc. always say there's no issues with coverage/signal strength then all of a sudden they put in a planning application for a new mast because there are coverage problems in the town centre :tired_face:

My broadband deal is up shortly so looking elsewhere and will probably go for the top speed fibre this time.
    I was going to ask Openreach if I lay a duct down the road with some ethernet can they just plug me into the cabinet but I can't find the right department to ask about that.
  • pinno
    elbowloh said:

WFH.

spent the morning dealing with broadband providers...

Ordered Virgin cable and TV in November. Due to be installed 9th December. since then i've had 6 pre-install teams come out to pull the cable, but with no success, because there is a blockage. Why they keep sending the team out without clearing the blockage I don't know. They've also sent the installation engineer to my house 3 times, but they can't do anything as there is no cable!

Try contacting virgin by phone, probably about 10 times, each time getting put in a queue for 30 mins to an hour before being cut off. I have never been able to speak to anyone. Try the online chat and in spite of their "aim to respond in 4 hours" it often takes 3-4 days for a response. All they can say is we're sorry, we understand you're frustrated and ring this number, don't worry, they will sort you out. It's the number i;ve been trying to ring for weeks without success. So i've cancelled. the cancellation team were very easy to contact and did the job in minutes.

I've since ordered BT fibre, only to discover that they can't install it until 24th sodding March.

I do have regular internet with NowTV, but boy is it shite. Barely get 9mbps and often dropping off completely for hours. I live within the M25 ffs, not say Mull.

Oh Lordy, the troubles I have
    Oh Lordy, the troubles I have
    Nobody knows about the troubles I have...
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

Ben6899 said:

Do not trust this man Ben.

#unhinged
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Nuke the f*ckers I say.

/unless it needs cleaning
    Good point. It is getting a bit mucky but CBA to make separate trips until it gets dirtier.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao! Apols for the late arrival but its been manic.

Now sitting in the rain waiting for bambini.

Did I say it was darn cold?
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

Ciao! Apols for the late arrival but its been manic.

Now sitting in the rain waiting for bambini.

Did I say it was darn cold?

And in other news, Captain Bullshit has been MIA for a week now. Shall we call off the search?